Author Topic: For anyone that might have known her  (Read 4679 times)

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
For anyone that might have known her
« on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »
My friend Mel passed away this weekend. She forgot to take her insulin and passed away in her sleep. She was a regular at Kumoricon and loved to cosplay. This is a picture of me and her a few years back (Mel is on the right) just in case anyone knew her via con. She was a wonderful person.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 10:58:45 pm »
That is not the confirmed cause of death. It is the suspected, but not confirmed. I am in contact with her family, the cause of death is not confirmed. The autopsy will not have results for at least three months. Yes, she is gone. Which is a very sad fact.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
Re: For anyone that might have known her
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:30 pm »
YEAH so am I, and that is what they have chosen to tell people until the autopsy comes out in about three months.

It IS very sad. We lived together for a long time before she moved away. I will miss her very dearly and will respect the wishes of her family to tell people what they want till they find out and decide what to tell people after.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:16:11 pm by CyberIncision »

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »
The more likely cause was the infection she was fighting.

Nonetheless, it is a sad loss to our community. Her family and loved ones need all the support they can get.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:17:40 pm »
She is gone but for ever in our hearts to those who knew her and loved her. for know all we can do is wait and see and give our prayers to her family and her friends. Mel is for ever with us being a punk. becuse thats kinda who mel was she was a fighter and didnt give up on anyone. no matter what the reson was or what it was about. for those who did not know her she was an amazing italy and prussia.!

FOR Mel
An amazing cosplay of her in prussia with her goofy personality and carefree spirit

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 11:35:03 pm »
And they want to tell people it was the insulin and not the infection until the autopsy comes out. Which as family is their choice.

She was super spunky. I remember we auditioned for survivor together XD She was so excited. Camping, parties and Ren fair. She LOVED costumes and dressing up. She had many dreams and goals. Us in Medford/Talent/The rogue valley who lived/and/or were constantly with her in her time there are having a memorial celebration in October. Exchange stories and remember the good times.

I cannot believe it. When I was first told I thought I'd misunderstood or it was a prank or a joke.

Mel was a girl worth knowing, a real day brightener. Shared most of her everything with me ;_; We had so many plans, like at Kumoricon for example. We should do something for her there, even if it's small. Even if it's just three of us.

Us the day of the Survivor try outs

Us in a random photo shoot she wanted (She loved her shoots ^.^)

My beautiful girl

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:31:31 am »
My two roommates knew her well, and spent the first several hours of her death in mourning.  I did meet her, but barely knew her.  She did seem like a gem, and I know that she'll be missed by family and friends alike.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:38 am »
My sympathies to her friends and family, I can not begin to say how very sorry for your loss. 
I lost my best friend to type one in 2003, he went into a coma when home alone and never came out of it.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kaylin05

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »
 :'( Mel was a good friend and always will be. In more ways then one she was more then a friend. She was my Larka. I will never forget her or the fun time we had. She was my first Con friend and more of a friend out of con too. She knew how to make me smile, she always made my day. She was loving and sweet. I'll never forget how she was. She was always there for me. She was my Italy. there no one in this world that will ever take her place.
Ich liebe dich Mel. Werde ich immer tun.

Offline AnimeEncyclopedia

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 08:10:57 pm »
i think i once met you guys at kumoricon 2010. i'm so sorry to hear. i give you all my condolences.