Author Topic: One lonely, sad cosplayer  (Read 7520 times)

Offline AnimeEncyclopedia

• Cabbit
One lonely, sad cosplayer
« on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:14 pm »
Hi, everyone. i'm a bit new for starting a new topic i think. i don't have many people to talk to and i'm awkward when dealing with people so any response would be great. :-[

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: One lonely, sad cosplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:45:18 pm »
hey AnimeEncyclopedia.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:23:40 am »
Hello nice to meet ya.

Hopefully we are 3 non  lonely cosplayers.

Of course I am never alone.
(As I write this my 2 wee ones are thunderdome fighting for the right to sit on me.)

Any who how are you? What's your fave anime?
Who do you cosplay?
I tend to do cooking mama but am thinking of what my next cosplay will be.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:20 am »
Hello and welcome to the Kumoricon community! It always feels lonely at first. But then you dive into the forums or the facebook group, you make connections and find common ground, and before you know it you're dancing through the hallways at con with a thousand people you would feel good considering family/friends/nerd-countrymen. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:01:46 pm »
i'm a 19 year old school girl who is if you look under the trope brilliant but, lazy fits me perfectly.

my favorite anime?......overall i like old-school anime. my favorite of the group is Yu Yu Hakusho
if it were recent then i'd say it's Sword Art Online.

I like to do a different cosplay every year if i can. this year i'll be going as Yuki Kuran from Vampire Knight. :-[

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »
i'm 17 and i love making new friends! i cosplay all sorts of stuff and i love pretty much any anime!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 07:56:41 pm »
Why hello there.
I'm Jei (like the letter J).
Welcome.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 11:59:43 am »
Yo!  How's it going, Encyclopedia!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 03:05:30 pm »
i need your advice. i just ran away/moved out of my old home for the next few days because of personal reasons. when do you think is a good time to go back?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
i need your advice. i just ran away/moved out of my old home for the next few days because of personal reasons. when do you think is a good time to go back?

That's a good question, but not something we can answer. We don't know the circumstances, or your specific situation. If it was like a typical "I hate this house I can't go out late" run away, then that's just plain dumb (yes, it happens, it's quite normal actually, not saying this is you). But I actually know people who would cut themselves for the sole reason of "My dad won't let me stay out til midnight, so this is me getting back at him". If it's something small like your family has strict rules or something, then just go back.

Now on the other hand, if you dad always comes home wasted beating you or something, don't go back. Go to the police. Stay at a friends house and be sure to go to the cops asap. If physical harm is happening in the house, you have no obligation to sit and take it. If this is what is happening, they need to be punished for it. If that means jail, then so be it. You aren't obligated to love parents that harm you.

Like I said, we don't know your situation, so these are the 2 most opposite ends of what could be happening. We don't know if it's the littlest thing, or if you are in harms way. Without knowing, we can't do much to help.

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:23 pm »
well, it's more like my mother has been very depressed lately and i'm not sure how to deal with her. she lashes out at my little sister and i saying how useless we are. and when we try to comfort her she gets angry. ???

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 05:36:35 pm »
well, it's more like my mother has been very depressed lately and i'm not sure how to deal with her. she lashes out at my little sister and i saying how useless we are. and when we try to comfort her she gets angry. ???

Hmm..That IS a little bad. I personally don't think that's "run away from home" bad though. I guess there isn't much you can do..I wouldn't run away though. You can tell her you need time away from her for a while. Let her know where you are. Trust me, the last thing you want to do when someone tells you you are useless, is become just that. By running away from her, in her mind, it's likely you don't want her around becasue she wants you to do this or that. The whole "useless' usually being that their kids dont appreciate twhat she does and don't clean the house and instead she has to do it all kinda thing. Is this making sense? She already feels like you guys don't care or else she wouldn't call you useless..So running away makes it even moreso that she has to do all the work around the house. And worse, possibly causing more work for her becasue the stuff you DO already do, now she has to do THAT too. So running away is making it worse on her.
Not to mention if you just straight up leave without saying anything, that's just added stress to the stress she already obviously has. If she knows where you are and that you're safe, she won't worry, and she will be upset, but if you calmly explain it to her as why you are doing leaving for a while, she WILL understand.

However, this is all assumption. I don't know your mom, so I don't know exactly how she will act. But I'm telling you. Just straight up leaving is extremely childish and you're only proving to her you aren't done being childish and immature (which running is is very much both)

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »
well i told her where i am and she knows where i am. she keeps getting angry at me over facebook in the middle of conversations. i think it's because she was dumped by her most recent boyfriend.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 06:06:13 pm »
well i told her where i am and she knows where i am. she keeps getting angry at me over facebook in the middle of conversations. i think it's because she was dumped by her most recent boyfriend.

If just not message her. If she keeps messaging you tell her to please stop and tell her how it makes you feel that she keeps getting mad. And don't get mad back that's the last thing you want to do in that situation.

Idk what else to tell ya

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 11:53:38 pm »
thanks for the advice. i think i'll stay where i am for a couple of days so we can both calm down.

that would sound like a good idea. right?

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 10:21:14 pm »
Sorry if I'm butting in here, but I'd like to give my two cents, as well.

It sounds like your mom might be depressed or suffering from some personal or emotional issues; in either case, it's not okay for her to lash out at you or your sibling.

I think it would be a good idea if you talked to a councilor, or a good friend - someone you trust so you can get your feelings out.

Personally, if I was in your situation, I would try to save up money for my own apartment. But, if you can't just yet, I recommend that you either find a good, safe friend to stay with (follow their rules and pitch in with the house work) until you can earn the money to move out.

Your mom should go into therapy, too, but you can really only offer it to her; she has to want to go and she has to put in the effort to go and get help for herself.

If your mom is hitting you or your sibling, you need to call the police. There's no excuse for that.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 11:04:59 pm »
Thanks, luckily I've resolved the issue with my mom.

new problem and in need of advice

my dad keeps drunk texting me and he's not making sense. and to be honest he's starting to annoy me what should i do?

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 03:17:43 am »
Thanks, luckily I've resolved the issue with my mom.

new problem and in need of advice

my dad keeps drunk texting me and he's not making sense. and to be honest he's starting to annoy me what should i do?

Well, you could try figuring out what time(s) your dad likes to 'drunk text' you, and you can just keep your phone turned off during those times.

Otherwise, you could just let your dad know that it makes you uncomfortable when he calls you when he's in that condition; you can ask him to hide or turn off his cell phone when he wants to drink so that he doesn't bother you if he gets drunk.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 06:33:56 pm »
the problem is that the only time he's sober is when he's asleep.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 09:44:41 pm »
Can you arrange an intervention for him? There are also crisis lines around--they'd probably give better advice.

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 06:59:33 pm »
i wish, nobody wants to deal with him.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:27 pm »
Well, call a crisis line anyway. They can help you out.

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 10:03:31 pm »
my mom says not to bother.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:04 pm »
my mom says not to bother.

Yea..But it's already clear your mom isn't helping in the first place..So....
You need to talk to him about it. I know you are asking us because you honestly are confused at what to do, but everything you are having problems with, are things that you need to sit down and calmly explain to them why it's bothering you. Nothing we can say will do anything. We can say anything here, but unles syou make the effort to talk to them, nothing will happen. I'm glad you got things solved with your mom, but the only thing to do is talk to your dad. Tell him how it's becoming a huge problem. Show him that you are worried about him 9which, if that's all he's doing, that isn't as bad as it could be, but it could get worse)

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »
i ask you guys because i'm not sure what to do. and honestly i need advice in life, and i certainly don't trust my mother with that.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 07:57:01 pm »
Yeah, like I said, crisis line. I hate to keep saying the same thing but it could really help.

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 10:30:29 am »
okay, i'll try it.