Author Topic: Dream Convention  (Read 3841 times)

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
Dream Convention
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:28:28 am »
Of all of the world's anime conventions which is your bucket list or dream convention?

Internationally mine would be Connichi Con in Germany and domestically it would be a tie between Anime Expo and Fanime. 
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Dream Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:01:40 pm »
My #1 con choice is A-kon, located in Dallas.  It's the oldest anime convention on the North American continent and was named after one of my favorite classic anime titles, Project A-ko.

I would also like to attend Anime Expo, Otakon, Tokyo in Tulsa, Everfree Northwest, and a Star Trek con.

As for international, Anime Evolution is the first one that comes to mind.  I attended back in 2010, and while there were some pleasant moments, the overall experience was a slap in the face.  From what I understand, they "closed the door" for a year or two and came back.  I'd like to see how much they've improved.

I know that there are a few others in Canada that struck my interest, but their names elude me at the moment.

There's also a con in Japan that I discovered while doing a research paper a few years ago.  It sounded amazing, but I have also forgotten its name.  I can just look at the research paper again, though.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:55:17 pm »
i would really love to go to yaoicon! but i'm not quite old enough yet but i will be by the end of the year!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 12:34:20 am »
My dream vacation is to go to Japan, so it would be the icing on the cake, if I could attend an anime convention in Japan. As for an American anime convention, I'd love to attend Sakuracon and/or Anime Expo. I'd also like to attend all three days of Mewcon (I only got to attend one day this year).
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »
For me, AX would have to be it. I already attend 2 big cons, this one and sakuracon, so I also get my fill, bit I think AX would be fun.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 03:14:57 pm »
My dream is to retire and attend at least once every major Anime, Furry, Fan, and Science Fiction convention in the world.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:15:18 pm by acton »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 03:59:13 pm »
I'd also like to hit Connichi because that was where I sent my FIRST AMV I EVER MADE - and it came in SECOND PLACE.

I'd also like to hit the one in Kazan (heck just to go there anyways!) because two prolific AMV creators live there - we'd be all old & retired by then, talkin' grand kids cosplaying, etc...