Author Topic: Get to know people!  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Hope :3

• Oni
Get to know people!
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
Hey i've been going to kumoricon for about 5 years now and i've always wanted to actually meet people who aren't my everyday friends but i've always been a little scared. Even though people at Kumoricon are always so nice. so here is a little about myself:

I love to cosplay, i love anime my favorite is code geass and i really enjoy playing video games the one i'm playing at the moment is twilight princess. My name is Frances and my badge name is Darthninjakitty i'm 19 but will 20 on the 14 of july.

I just want to put myself out there and maybe help someone who has the same problem i do our just meet some really nice people.

Thank you! :-[

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Get to know people!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:11:03 pm »
is this a "you can post about yourselves, too!" thread or specifically for yourself? I ask becasue a thread where we can all do this, would be a fantastic idea and I would love to partake, but i want to make sure before I do.

Also hello. lol

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »
is this a "you can post about yourselves, too!" thread or specifically for yourself? I ask becasue a thread where we can all do this, would be a fantastic idea and I would love to partake, but i want to make sure before I do.

Also hello. lol

its for everyone cause everyone deserves a chance to make new friends. and hi :3
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:14:35 pm by Hope :3 »

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:53:00 am »
Well I'd love to attempt to make a friend or two. Only one of my friends likes anime, and he might not be coming to Kumoricon, so I might be all alone D:

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 09:50:08 am »
Well I'd love to attempt to make a friend or two. Only one of my friends likes anime, and he might not be coming to Kumoricon, so I might be all alone D:

Lets start this friend making what kind of anime are you into are you going to be cosplaying or not? how old are you? tell us about yourself  :D

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:57 am »

Lets start this friend making what kind of anime are you into are you going to be cosplaying or not? how old are you? tell us about yourself  :D
I feel like I'm trying to get a job or something... I don't have a lack of friends, just a lack of people I know going to this convention, and why pass up an opportunity to make a few friends?

I'm only 15, though I promise I'm much more intellegent, complex and cultured than my age suggests. I like a lot of animes, RWBY, Tokyo Ghoul, Dangan Ronpa, Madoka magica, Aot, Daily lives of highschool boys (insert a lot more animes here)

I'll be cosplaying Neptune and Sun from RWBY, and maybe (and that's a big maybe) Nagisa from Free! I hope to start taking commisions for props soon, too.

Well, that is me. I know I didn't give very much information, sorry about that. By the way, I'm not actually insecure, despite my username.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:47:03 am by TheInsecureTaco »

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 03:00:53 pm »
Hey guys! My name is Kristin and this will be my 8th year (WOW) going to K-con! It'd be nice ot have more kcon friends to talk to :D Ive been going since 2008 (I was 17) and I'm now 24. Ill be 25 this December and I feel old :/ I tend to cosplay red heads from video games, but I do most anything I want to :P

Nice to meet you guys!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 09:12:20 pm »
Hi! I'm Tanis. I've been around at Kumoricon since 2006! I'm seen frantically running around the con, keeping it together. Nice to meet you!

Offline kikiemily

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:08 pm »
My first time going to Kumoricon was last year as an At-Con Registration Staffer. I've staffed at other cons before and I'm mainly into dressing in Lolita fashion when I attend conventions. I'm going to try fixing my Lilo cosplay from Lilo and Stitch and make a Ruby and Sapphire cosplay from Steven Universe for my boyfriend and I. It's been hard though to get the motivation to start it XD
2014: Registration Staff
2015: Registration Coordinator
2016: Registration Coordinator
2017: Specialty Membership Coordinator
2018: Specialty Membership Manager
2019: Specialty Membership Manager
2021: Specialty Membership Manager

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »
Hello everyone, last year was my first kumo and  I have been going to cons for  many years now.  By the time Kumo is ill be twenty four. As a guy in his twenties I like many things in the geek/nerd spectrum, along with some things outside of it. Personality wise i am an extroverted loner (however that works)

Some of my favorite anime series include: Cowboy bebop, Outlaw Star. and trigun.

Video game wise I sorta like the kingdom hearts series, fire emblem and many others that are too numerous to name.

After many years of cosplaying as various characters from many series, I have discovered i have a real knack for cosplaying as the "perma from" male characters. Such as Daikoku from noragami.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »
Oh awesome then I gues I'll add my own.
I'm Jei (pronounced like Jay)
That's what my friends call me so that's what I started using.

This will be my 3rd Kumoricon in a row, my first, obviously, being 2013 in that case.
This years Kumoricon will be my 10th convention and my..Uh..I lost count on my number of cosplays now..I usually have at least one cosplay for each day if I can help it. I will usually wear my favorite one throughout the weekend. At Kumoricon2014, Akcon2014 and Sakuracon2015, it was KH2 Sora with the Ultima Weapon. If you saw me you'd know.

As for what I like? I'm really into slice of life anime. It's calming from all the Shonen action stuff. My all time fav is K-On! (both seasons and the movie).I also like things like SAO, DBZ, Bleach (to an extent) and other action heavy anime. But I really like the not so "beat `em up" style more. As for a good middle ground for me, a perfect example would be the Index series (A certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun). Not too action-y, but not laid back either.

Also, if there's a bigger Haruhi Suzumiya fan than I am (not an obsessed weird-o kind, the actual FAN kind), please, come find me. WE have a lot to talk about with that.

For games, I am a big NIS America, Idea Factory, and Compile Heart fan. I own quite a bit of games by the 3. My favorite being Mugen Souls and the Hyperdimension Neptunia games/Spin-offs.
Then you got my baby. Kingdom Hearts. If I had to have a top 10, Kingdom Hearts would be 0, becasue 0 can't be beat, so why bother putting it in the physical list lol

I don't know what else put..lol

Offline cooperslink

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:44:45 am »
I know this thread is months old but.....

I'm Cooper, and I'm hella into music ( i want to be a music major) and really into all Nintendo games and stuff. I don't really know what to post here, just wanna meet some people!

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 11:27:25 am »
Hey people i'm sierra though all my good friends call me riku! i'm 17 though i'm going to be 18 in november and I always love making new friends! this is also my forth year at kumoricon!

I like alot of anime especially stuff like sailor moon, yu-gi-oh, kuroshitsuji, kyo kara maoh, death note, the whole dragon ball z series, junjou romantica, and strawberry panic, now I think you get the jest of what I like anime wise, I also really love manga and light novels of all kinds and I really love the movies interview with a vampire and phantom of the opera.

I also really love video games of many kinds. I love all the kingdom hearts, all the soul calibur, all the tekken, and I also really like horror rpg like IB, mad father, witches house, and corpse party, though I can't play them on my laptop sadly, I also like online games like elsword! and something I hope to play in the future is the whole touhou series.

I'm also in love with cosplaying pretty much anything that catches my eye and also what my friends think would look interesting on me, I love cosplaying young looking childish characters that are actually older than they look cause I relate with them abit since i'm older than I look big time.

and my dream for the future is to become a voice acter/ cosplay model!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »
I know this thread is months old but.....

I'm Cooper, and I'm hella into music ( i want to be a music major) and really into all Nintendo games and stuff. I don't really know what to post here, just wanna meet some people!

Did someone say music........O.o....
I play guitar. I MIGHT have it on me saturday. I'll be Ruby Rose from RWBY, but mixed with Pokemon (Pokeball belt buckle instead of her rose, and POkeballs instead of shotgun shells, stuff like that) and I MIGHT use my guitar with her since it's also red with a black strap, which matches her color scheme. If I don't have it then, I might walk around with it while I do the times when I'm not in cosplay. Here's my guitar:

I might also use this cosplay..Maybe sunday morning since I don't have my cosplay I wanted for that time done.. Anyway if you see me, let's talk music!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 08:40:51 pm »
Hey i've been going to kumoricon for about 5 years now and i've always wanted to actually meet people who aren't my everyday friends but i've always been a little scared. Even though people at Kumoricon are always so nice. so here is a little about myself:

I love to cosplay, i love anime my favorite is code geass and i really enjoy playing video games the one i'm playing at the moment is twilight princess. My name is Frances and my badge name is Darthninjakitty i'm 19 but will 20 on the 14 of july.

I just want to put myself out there and maybe help someone who has the same problem i do our just meet some really nice people.

Thank you! :-[

Hello there young one. I'm Animeman73, a creative, daft (In the good way) writer type, and an old school anime fan. I've actually been watching anime since the 1980's. Yeah I'm that old. I've also been playing video games since the 1980's. I remember when Donkey Kong, Pac-Man and even Pong were big news. I've been around the block a few times. If you're much for fanfiction, or if you want talk about some of my original works, video games, or anime I'm definitely one to talk to. Those who know me will tell you ths old school anime fan is a really nice guy. And I can give you names of older anime to check out. See you round the forums.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 08:06:37 am »
Let's revive this. I think its a good way for us to get to know each other.

About me.

This will be my third year working at anime conventions(2nd at Kumo, 3rd at Sakura Con). At Kumoricon, I am your friendly neighborhood Yojimbo Office Coordinator. I've been watching anime and reading manga since I was a preteen. My favorite genres are shounen, shoujo, mystery, sci-fi, and slice of life stories. Some of my favorite anime include; death note, SAO, Log Horizon, and Mysterious Girlfriend X.
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 09:32:35 am »
Hello!

I did Kumoricon's AMV stuff from 2002-2013 and helped out the current AMV person in 2015. I'll be doing a little more in AMVs here and there, but my hobbies are changing now. I've watched a lot of anime from about 1995-2013, but I've gotten bored with the high-school settings, and animes that are about people older than highschool or college age are less common. Still there, but less common.

I like historical settings: ancient Japan, Tokugawa era, Meiji, Taisho stuff, and retro 50s-70s settings, too.
I like anime space SF because it often has new and original themes, while American movies are still stuck on comic book characters. Clever detective or strategy stuff can be enjoyable to me.
I'm not much of a mecha fan, nor of One Piece, Naruto, or DBZ. I bailed on Bleach after 15eps.
I don't like horror, and I don't like shows that put down my kind of religion: assumptions that clergy are always corrupt or perverts/predators, or assumptions that animism (all of Nature is God / all gods are a part of nature) is somehow morally superior to supernatural religions (God as an eternal, sovereign, ruling entity -separate from and the creator of the natural universe.) I am not an environmentalist, so I don't like Ghibli stuff too much. I didn't get into Full Metal Alchemist, because the main character kept saying "There is no God" over and over again so I bailed.
I liked the RedLine OVA, and I also like light comedy and whacky stuff like Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, Nichijou, Doki Doki School Hours, and even older whacky stuff like Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, and Dai Mahou Touge.
Other older stuff I liked (back in its day - I may not like it now as a re-watch) Evangelion, Bebop, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshion, Twelve Kingdoms, and Gasaraki.

Outside of anime I also enjoy ham radio, collecting historical firearms, gardening (growing unusual things for Oregon, like cotton and tobacco,) and I am just getting into home canning and prospecting (panning, mining etc.)

Oh, and Toshiro Mifune movies!