Author Topic: Magical Girls 2K15  (Read 8276 times)

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
Magical Girls 2K15
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:55 pm »
At this shoot, everyone with a magical girl costume of any kind is welcome! Sailor scouts, puella magi, cardcaptor, etc, etc. I think it'll be a lot of fun  :D

The Magical Girl shoot is going to be at 1:00 PM, on Day Two. We'll meet at the Gazebo and will most likely hold the shoot there. The location after we meet might change if there are any problems.

Attendees so far

SAILOR MOON
Not sure of which character - Michi-chan

MADOKA MAGICA
Kyoko Sakura - MayMagica

TOKYO MEW MEW
Ichigo - ghostkomokhiru
Mint - Name unknown
Zakuro - Name unknown

If you have any questions, shoot me a message!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:45:31 pm by MayMagica »
Kumoricon 2016:
Saturday: Umi Sonoda (cheerleader version)
Sunday: Kyoko Sakura (Halloween version)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Big Magical Girl photoshoot?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:16:08 pm »
I might come to take pictures for this. Magical Girl happens to be my genre of choice, so that's awesome..lol
I wish I had something for it..Been meaning to get a Fate/kaleid Prisma Illya, Magical Girl version Rin Tosaka cosplay done for some time..Sadly not this con though.

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 01:17:41 pm »
I might come to take pictures for this. Magical Girl happens to be my genre of choice, so that's awesome..lol
I wish I had something for it..Been meaning to get a Fate/kaleid Prisma Illya, Magical Girl version Rin Tosaka cosplay done for some time..Sadly not this con though.
That would be really awesome! I hope some people will see this thread so it can happen, the KumoriCon forum is a bit dead  :'(
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:39:19 pm »
i have a sailor moon oc outfit that would be fun to wear to this kind of photo-shoot!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 11:17:47 pm »
I might also show up for this to take pictures, if this takes off.  (None of my cosplays really fit for this shoot, sadly.)

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:45 pm »
I'm bringing my Mew Ichigo and I have a Mint and Zakuro with me. We'd be doing this day 2 :'3

Offline asuknight

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:34 pm »
If it hasn't been scheduled already, I'm suggesting we do this on Sunday! Theres always a lot more people attending on the weekend, and a group of friends and I are all cosplaying from Madoka Magica that day.

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:18 am »
I'm going to schedule this for Sunday, around 1 PM.

I feel so weird organizing this because I'm only like 12 and super lame
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:26 am »
your not lame your awesome!!!! ;D
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:52:33 pm »

Hey, ok so I wanna be nice, and offer my help. I've run MANY photoshoots (I'm running like 5 or 6 just THIS con alone) and if you are able to move it at the very least to a half hour later (like 1:30 or even 2pm) I can lend a hand. I'm a huge Magical Girl Genre fan, so I think I would be a big help to you. I have a really good camera too and I would really enjoy taking photos and videos at this specific shoot.

Feel free to decline my offer, I don't mind, but the reason I'm asking to move the time to a little later is because a shoot I'm running get's over with at 1pm so It'd be kinda chaotic for me to help out RIGHT after I run one. I'd need a little time to make sure I have good camera batteries in, get something to drink (because I know I'll need it lol) and then come to this. If moving the time would be too much trouble I can totally understand. But I see you are kinda feeling weird running it, sorta like you might be new to running shoots, so it might help to have a helping hand.

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 05:49:37 pm »

Hey, ok so I wanna be nice, and offer my help. I've run MANY photoshoots (I'm running like 5 or 6 just THIS con alone) and if you are able to move it at the very least to a half hour later (like 1:30 or even 2pm) I can lend a hand. I'm a huge Magical Girl Genre fan, so I think I would be a big help to you. I have a really good camera too and I would really enjoy taking photos and videos at this specific shoot.

Feel free to decline my offer, I don't mind, but the reason I'm asking to move the time to a little later is because a shoot I'm running get's over with at 1pm so It'd be kinda chaotic for me to help out RIGHT after I run one. I'd need a little time to make sure I have good camera batteries in, get something to drink (because I know I'll need it lol) and then come to this. If moving the time would be too much trouble I can totally understand. But I see you are kinda feeling weird running it, sorta like you might be new to running shoots, so it might help to have a helping hand.

That would be so much help, thank you for the offer! I've never run one before, I've only just taken part. I'll see if I can change the time- it'd probably be for the better, as there's a Naruto meetup and  shoot in the same place only a while before. It'd be wonderful to have someone's help who's expierienced in this kind of thing!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 05:54:35 pm »
Oh awesome then. Thank you for accepting my offer. I love doing this lol
I can sorta teach you how to run a shoot during it. It's not hard, but it means in the future you won't need the help.

Anyway, even if it's just a half hour later, I can manage that, but an hour would help me out..which in turn would help you out because I'd be nice and hydrated, more ready to help out, all that good stuff.

I'll leave that up to you though.

One good thing though to do for the time being..If people from Sailor Moon groups come in and want to attend, then say, Precure cosplayers come in saying they will attend, then maybe Tokyo Mew Mew or something, then list them in the top thread so people know what series are gonna attend. That way someone else might go "Oh, Sailor Moon people, I'll come as a Senshi too!!". I usually try to list who's coming as who, but the series names at least of the confirmed attending people would be good to know. Then have a paper with who's from what so we can group things.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:57:26 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
Re: Big Magical Girl photoshoot
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 06:14:04 pm »
The date, time and location is scheduled, please read the top post for all the shoot information!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 06:23:51 pm »
Oh awesome then. Thank you for accepting my offer. I love doing this lol
I can sorta teach you how to run a shoot during it. It's not hard, but it means in the future you won't need the help.

Anyway, even if it's just a half hour later, I can manage that, but an hour would help me out..which in turn would help you out because I'd be nice and hydrated, more ready to help out, all that good stuff.

I'll leave that up to you though.

One good thing though to do for the time being..If people from Sailor Moon groups come in and want to attend, then say, Precure cosplayers come in saying they will attend, then maybe Tokyo Mew Mew or something, then list them in the top thread so people know what series are gonna attend. That way someone else might go "Oh, Sailor Moon people, I'll come as a Senshi too!!". I usually try to list who's coming as who, but the series names at least of the confirmed attending people would be good to know. Then have a paper with who's from what so we can group things.

The scheduling is in the top post, I've moved it to 2 PM!  I've also put the confirmed attendees up there. Thanks for the advice  :)
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Magical Girls 2K15
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 11:43:59 pm »
I just learned that the cosplay contest is on Sunday and since I am in the cosplay contest I will not be able to attend this photoshoot, GOMENASAI!!!!
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »
Hi!:) I will come if I can, as a Sailor Moon character (not sure which one I'll wear on this day).
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 01:07:18 pm »
I just learned that the cosplay contest is on Sunday and since I am in the cosplay contest I will not be able to attend this photoshoot, GOMENASAI!!!!

That's a shame, good luck in the Masquerade!
Hi!:) I will come if I can, as a Sailor Moon character (not sure which one I'll wear on this day).

Awesome! I was worried we weren't going to have anyone besides Madoka Magica characters, haha
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 05:39:00 pm »
Hopefully since you added it to the photoshoot thread, people will just show up who haven't posted here. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:06:35 pm by Michi-chan »
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »
The shoot has been moved to Day 2! Please read the first post for information
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:04 pm »

Hey, this time works fine for me. So I have a question..Can you come over to the RWBY photoshoot at the clocktower around 12:45 and meet up with me? We can walk to the shoot location of this shoot, and we can talk about how to run this right before hand. You can show me the list and we can work out photo ideas. I will already have my camera and tripod with me at the RWBY shoot, which is at noon, so meeting me THERE would be an easy way to not have to look for each other.

Just so you know, my character is Ruby who looks like this:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/rwby/images/8/86/Rwby_ruby_turnaround_by_montyoum-d639ud5.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130503023036
Except I will stand out. I will be a RWBY/Pokemon crossover. So I will have this same outfit, but with a Pokeball belt buckle, pokeballs instead of shotgun shells on the belt's side, and a large black outline of a Pokeball on the back of the cape.

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 02:53:09 pm »

This time/day might actually end up being better for me actually! ^_^
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 05:43:18 pm »

This time/day might actually end up being better for me actually! ^_^

Awesome, glad I was able to make it more convienient for you!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:06 am »
Unfortunately, there were some problems and I'm not able to provide music. Does anyone have any Magical Girl music? If you've got a phone with LTE, I can provide a YouTube playlist. If you've got any CDs, that'd be wildly helpful. Anything downloaded onto an MP3 player would be fantastic aswell!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 09:37:46 am »
Unfortunately, there were some problems and I'm not able to provide music. Does anyone have any Magical Girl music? If you've got a phone with LTE, I can provide a YouTube playlist. If you've got any CDs, that'd be wildly helpful. Anything downloaded onto an MP3 player would be fantastic aswell!

I know in my message to you I said I didn't have anything, but I forgot about youtube. I might be able to do that..The data on my phone isn't very high (like 3 or 4 GB out of 10 so far), so I might be able to.

Offline Michi-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 02:37:54 pm »
I have some Japanese Sailor Moon music on my iPod
Kumoricon 2015:
Sailor Venus
....and...
TBA

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »
Hey guys I noticed the photoshoot thread never got the word that this was changed to day 2. So in the guidebook app (which a lot of people use) it shows it as still day 3 (as well as that thread also shows that). I think we need to tell them.

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 09:26:41 pm »
Hey guys I noticed the photoshoot thread never got the word that this was changed to day 2. So in the guidebook app (which a lot of people use) it shows it as still day 3 (as well as that thread also shows that). I think we need to tell them.

Yeah posted on the topic a week or two ago about the change. There hasn't been an update since  then, but I'll try PMing the author of the topic!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 09:45:11 pm »
Yea..Best idea right now..

I shoulda just did that in the first place..Dude's a freaking joke..Why even bother starting the thread if he isn't gonna keep it updated accordingly..If you don't have the time on your hands to update smething that needs constant updating, DON'T DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!
When people started posting the photoshoots they were wondering why it wasn't being updated. I messaged him and told him that people are waiting for it to be updated and you know what he told me? He said he forgot about that..Good lord..

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2015, 11:11:54 pm »
Today was fantastic! Thank you to everyone who came! Photos from the 1PM, which ended up just being a Madoka, shoot and the 7PM big unscheduled Magical Girl shoot will be posted as soon as I recieve them!
Kumoricon 2016:

Offline JojoDomingo

• Oni
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:10 am »
Thanks everyone for your participation. I only made it to the 1pm event but I hope the 7pm event went awesome!

Offline MayMagica

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 11:59:32 pm »
@JoJoDomingo

Who were you going as? We had tons of fun at both shoots, but 7PM was a lot bigger and more professional maybe(?).
Thanks for coming! UvU
Kumoricon 2016: