Author Topic: Kumoricon Iron Skit - Last Minute Skit, Anyone?  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
Kumoricon Iron Skit - Last Minute Skit, Anyone?
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:17:52 pm »
So I've been out of the con scene for the past 2 years, but found myself able to attend this one last minute - yay!

EDIT: While I got a few responses, no one actually showed up or approached me at the listed times/places  :-\ so I went ahead & wrote a solo skit to perform - if you see it, let me know what you think!  ;D

That said, since I didn't see it on the con schedule, was wondering if anyone wanted to revive the "Cosplay Skit 101" tradition and put together a skit Friday morning/afternoon for the cosplay contest! 

I couldn't find any footage of last years competition so don't know if it's been gone as long as myself, but here's footage of the 2013 one I participated in:
The Dr. Wiley of our group ran the panel & had participated in the previous years contest - which ALSO won Best in Show, if I remember correctly - but I never got his contact info, curses!  >:( *shakes fist*

But anyways, here's how it works:

0. Post here if interested!: I know not everyone who attends uses the forums, but if anyone is interested NOW, lemme know.  ;) We can get the ball rolling~

1. Meet Friday BEFORE the Cosplay Contest Premeet [5-6 PM, Discovery A or outside Discovery B]: THIS is the meat-&-potatoes of the process, where everyone who is interested gets together, compares costumes & skit ideas, and decides what to do. This is the FUN part, being creative and funny or touching, whatever we want to do we brainstorm together! Just needs to fit in the skit time limit of 3 minute 30 seconds. An hour or two at most is needed for this - I'll be stuck in the registration line all morning, so come find me there if you like, I'll be No Face - I'll be either outside Discovery B or in Discovery A doing the "ART OFF", reachable via phone or text at (509) 954-1398 .

2. Attend the Cosplay Contest Pre-meet [Friday 6-7:30 PM]: Only one of our group needs to be here, and I am more than willing to be that one, so listing this step is more for my own benefit. ^^; BUT the skit contest is also limited to 30 skits, so on the off-chance they fill up I'll find out here & notify the group.  :-\

3. CRAFT & REHEARSE: Depending on what the skit concept turns out to be, we may need to make some props or audio (not voices, just music if needed). And an hour to practice the skit, mostly just blocking (aka where we stand on stage) and lines if any.

4. ATTEND the Cosplay Tech Rehearsal [Sunday 8-11 am]: We probably won't need to be there the entire time, but we ALL will need to be there, since it'll be our only practice on stage before the main event.

5. ATTEND the Cosplay Contest [Sunday 4-7:30 PM]: This is it! Arrive early to the green room & perform when it's our turn, stick around to watch the others and awards afterwards, good times!

That's all for now, will update this thread as needed - if you or someone you know might be interested in this, link them this thread!
 Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:13:58 pm by Sunnybrook1 »

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Re: Kumoricon Iron Skit - Last Minute Skit, Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:04:36 pm »
Not much response back, but I suppose everyone's probably busy with last minute preparations.  :(

Oh well, I'll either be in the "ART OFF" panel in Discover A before the Pre-meet, or outside Discovery B, so find me there if you're interested. I'm reachable at con via text, it's (509) 954-1398 .

See you there~

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 04:49:53 pm »
I'd  want to be a part of this.

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:15:09 pm »
I'd  want to be a part of this.
Sorry, haven't had any internet until now, but I was at the places I said I'd be.  :-[ Did you come look for me? I know it's a little late & all, but figured I'd reply so you knew I'd seen your message.