Author Topic: Open positions  (Read 5950 times)

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
Open positions
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
Is the list of open positions on the website accurate? I sent in an email with a short blurb about myself and a resume a month ago for a couple of positions, and  have not heard back from anyone.
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Open positions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:41:48 pm »
Are you referring to the con staff positions?  If so, you don't send in a resume, but fill out an application form.

https://www.kumoricon.org/staff-registration

What you're looking for is towards the bottom of that page, listed under "Staff Membership Registration Form."  There are two options for the form, one for online submission and the other for in-person submission (which I'd advise if you're able to attend a general meeting).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ldkstar

• Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:55:16 am »
Thanks I missed that. However the positions I am interested in applying for, mainly manager and coordinator positions ask interested parties to send email introduction letters. That's why I sent in a resume with a short little blurb about myself

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 10:53:32 pm »
Is the list of open positions on the website accurate? I sent in an email with a short blurb about myself and a resume a month ago for a couple of positions, and  have not heard back from anyone.

I can't speak for all of them but at least some positions listed as "open" are inaccurate.   I know because one I emailed about, the open position (It was listed as having 2 staff positions, one filled) slot,  and I was told it was already filled.   That was months ago, and is (as of this post) still listed as an open position. 

I'd recommend going to a meeting and talking to the department you are interested in.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:55:46 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline ldkstar

• Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »

I can't speak for all of them but at least some positions listed as "open" are inaccurate.   I know because one I emailed about, the open position (It was listed as having 2 staff positions, one filled) slot,  and I was told it was already filled.   That was months ago, and is (as of this post) still listed as an open position. 

I'd recommend going to a meeting and talking to the department you are interested in.

This is probably true of the positions I am applying for as well. I think I sent my first message in March, and then I just followed up earlier this week as well. I guess its only a 3 hour ride, I might go to the next meeting.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:45 pm »
Thanks I missed that. However the positions I am interested in applying for, mainly manager and coordinator positions ask interested parties to send email introduction letters. That's why I sent in a resume with a short little blurb about myself

Ah.  Okay, now I get where you're coming from.  Management and coordinator positions usually fill up almost immediately, though.  They are needed ASAP so as to make the rest of the planning year go smoother.  My recommendation is to sign up for what's available in that department, then ask about management/coordinator positions for the next year.  There might be something available now; to be honest, I haven't really looked into it.  Whichever you do, good luck, and (hopefully) welcome to our staff family!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline ldkstar

• Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 12:39:29 pm »

Ah.  Okay, now I get where you're coming from.  Management and coordinator positions usually fill up almost immediately, though.  They are needed ASAP so as to make the rest of the planning year go smoother.  My recommendation is to sign up for what's available in that department, then ask about management/coordinator positions for the next year.  There might be something available now; to be honest, I haven't really looked into it.  Whichever you do, good luck, and (hopefully) welcome to our staff family!

I'll probably do this once I hear back from the departments I applied to. I don't want to send a bunch of emails to people without first hearing back about the first ones.

Offline ldkstar

• Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 03:56:57 pm »
Herd back from the secretary and I am reaching out to various departments, will keep this thread updated with results.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:08:17 pm by ldkstar »