Author Topic: D&D 2015  (Read 5204 times)

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
D&D 2015
« on: March 28, 2015, 06:54:54 pm »
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody wanted to do a quick D&D match at Kumoricon. Depending on the amount of people interested, it would either be a short adventure or a battle between characters (aided by story, of course)

I would have pre-made character sheets. I'm wondering how many beginners would like to play, too. The number of beginners could change the game, if we had more experienced players than beginners that would be ideal. Tell me what you think

EDIT: I just realized I never specified which version. What version would you want to play? 4th isn't as good, but it's easy to grasp for first time players. Not as many people play it though. Maybe it depends on how many new players want to do it? Tell me what you think
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:04:53 am by TheInsecureTaco »

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
Re: D&D 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:59 am »
I have played D&D on and off for most of the last decade.  I have a few characters made, but I Doubt they are playable.  So ill find some free time to make  a few.  I do have the basic stuff of what i need to play Dice. books etc.  I think there should be a decent place inside one of the hotels the con is being held at to play.

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:14 am »
Sorry, I forgot to mention the version in my original post, I fixed that. What version do you play?

Offline Lord_Umbreon

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 02:28:37 am »
I love DND but why does it have to be only at Kcon, there is skype, we can use(which I prefer.) We can play over skype and have a in person session Kcon and I'm willing to DM or be a player I have a few characters created and ideas to create. I have 5.E PHB,DMG So being a player or DM is no problem. let's make this happen.

Day by Day Hour by hour,
 the sands of time Shower down
in this hourglass of life.

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:05 pm »
I love DND but why does it have to be only at Kcon, there is skype, we can use(which I prefer.) We can play over skype and have a in person session Kcon and I'm willing to DM or be a player I have a few characters created and ideas to create. I have 5.E PHB,DMG So being a player or DM is no problem. let's make this happen.

I have never played via skype before, but I'd like to try. We'd have to get enough people, however. If we do get enough people people at Kcon that want to play D&D, it'd be awesome if you were the DM. I have been the DM before for my group, but I feel like I'm not good at that yet.

I have another friend that is in my D&D group that will be attending Kcon with me. He says he would love to play a session at Kcon.

Offline Lord_Umbreon

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:16:17 pm »
Okay I'll definitely bring my books. As for Skype, it's mainly just theater of the mind, although there is a site called Roll20 where can can have minis and maps.But I prefer there theater of the mind. As for a session at Kumoricon  if we start this over skype, I can probably figure out a way to add more members.
Day by Day Hour by hour,
 the sands of time Shower down
in this hourglass of life.

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:04:51 am »
Okay I'll definitely bring my books. As for Skype, it's mainly just theater of the mind, although there is a site called Roll20 where can can have minis and maps.But I prefer there theater of the mind. As for a session at Kumoricon  if we start this over skype, I can probably figure out a way to add more members.
Ok, I'll add you on skype. As for finding more people, I think we'll just have to wait for other people to find this page. I can't think of another way to get people going to Kcon to play, unless they happen to stumble upon it during the con.

Speaking of which, we should prepare extra character sheets in case someone wants to join on the spot. (assuming we are playing in a public place where people will see us, like a specialized gaming room)

Offline vallum

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 11:04:27 am »
So if you do decide to play at Kcon, there will be plenty of space to have your game!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:48:29 am by vallum »
RPG Coordinator of Kcon 2013-2015

If you are interested in working staff and love to run RPGs, just send me a PM!

Offline TheInsecureTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 08:32:54 pm »
So if yo do decide to play at Kcon, there will be plenty of space to have your game!
I do plan on playing at Kcon

Offline DMJoDee

• Oni
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:13 pm »
Starting next year D&D will have a bigger presence at Kumoricon. We are looking to have 3-4 tables going the entire convention!

Feel free to email me dndportlandal@gmail.com if you have any questions about organized play.