Author Topic: I don't understand?  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Pocket monsters

• Oni
I don't understand?
« on: March 06, 2015, 05:27:23 pm »
So I joined this forum to ask a question. In September I may go to Kumoricon... but I have no idea where it's located. I have looked up on Google Maps, but all that pops up are the hotels. does Kumoricon take place inside the hotels? Does it take place in that little park? Where would we give our tickets to enter? I just don't understand, can someone help?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: I don't understand?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:44:13 pm »
All of the above lol
Yes it takes place inside both the red lion and hilton hotels. Like, physically INSIDE them. The park isn't "con space" but it's a public area where everyone has their photoshoots and "outside time".
PWhen you get your badge, there will be a huge line, hard to miss, that goes down into the parking garage of the hilton hotel.

And you don't "give tickets". You have to pay for a badge, and you have to wear said badge to enter. If it isn't on you where staff can see it, you can't get in.
The main page (Kumoricon.org) under the registration area covers all about how to get one.

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 09:21:26 am »
So I joined this forum to ask a question. In September I may go to Kumoricon... but I have no idea where it's located. I have looked up on Google Maps, but all that pops up are the hotels. does Kumoricon take place inside the hotels? Does it take place in that little park? Where would we give our tickets to enter? I just don't understand, can someone help?

So, Kumoricon is located in Vancouver, Washington.  All the activities take place in and around the Hilton and Red Lion hotels there, as well as in the park across the street from the Hilton.  Panels and other con-hosted activities happen inside the hotels.  For larger events that require lines of people to get in, such as the formal dances and more popular panels, sometimes they will start the lines outside around the perimeter of the hotel.

The earlier you pre-order your ticket/badge, the cheaper the price will be.  Under the "Registration" tap on the Kumoricon homepage, you can buy your ticket.  If you choose to do this and pre-order, they will send you an e-mail with confirmation that you bought your ticket.  Print this out.  Then, whenever you get to the actual convention (the first day, the day before, called "day 0", or whenever you've registered to be at the con), you go to the registration desk where they will hand you your actual badge that you clip onto your costume to wear around.  Registration is usually located in the parking garage underneath the Hilton hotel.

If you decide to just purchase your ticket at the actual con and not to pre-order, the process is pretty much the same.  You show up at the hotel, go down to the parking garage, and stand in line for a long, long time where you'll pay right there and then and they'll hand you your badge.

After you get your badge, they will hand you a little plastic bag with a program/schedule booklet, that has a printout of all the events and panels that will be held for that given con.  From there, it's all up to you!  You choose where you want to go and what you want to do, and have fun!

I hope some of this was helpful to you, and I hope your first time at Kumoricon is a good one!
Find me on:

Facebook:  Uptown Otaku
Tumblr:  uptownotakucosplay
YouTube:  UptovvnOtaku
Instagram:  uptownotaku
Fanfiction.net:  UptownOtaku
DeviantART:  uptownotaku

Offline kikiemily

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »
If you're still planning on attending and you come to pick up your badge or purchase one, remember to bring your government issued photo ID so Reg staff can verify you. I'm not sure what your age is but if you're a minor (under 18), you'll need to have your parent/guardian fill out a parent permission form and if you don't have a government issued photo ID, then bring a school ID as an alternative way to verify you.
2014: Registration Staff
2015: Registration Coordinator
2016: Registration Coordinator
2017: Specialty Membership Coordinator
2018: Specialty Membership Manager
2019: Specialty Membership Manager
2021: Specialty Membership Manager

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:33 am »
If this is your first anime convention, then you should know that these kinds of events have an entire culture of their own... and that they can be a bit overwhelming for first timers.  It is a very, very good idea to come prepared, and there are "con survival guides" around the internet that are worth looking into before you take the plunge.

Don't let that intimidate you!  Anime Conventions are fabulous, fun adventures, so even if you don't quite get what's going on; I can assure you that it will be a blast.

Here's a Con Survival Guide that's particularly comprehensive and articulate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cvdzBhZco
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)