Author Topic: Cosplay Fitness Panel Idea  (Read 3533 times)

Offline notaweaboo

• Oni
Cosplay Fitness Panel Idea
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:02:53 pm »
I was wondering if anyone's interested in a Cosplay Fitness panel. It's basically just a panel that shows exercises on how to tone up your body, form muscles, and fitness stuff in general. How many of you guys would show up?

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay Fitness Panel Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »
myself and about three others put in a fitness panel for kumo. We did one at newcon and it went pretty well. It was more about myths and safety stuff but I think we will try to add in more examples of workouts and what not. it's pretty hard to do too much because one there is so much to talk about and two I am afraid of someone getting hurt after doing what I said type thing. I'm not a pro training, just letting you know what works for me.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 12:16:38 pm »
The main thing I am really sure we will cover is breaking all the horrible myths about workouts. like you do low weight high reps to tone type thing, spot reduction, how to actually get abs, how women actually get the "toned" look and so on. Magazines and the media has really caused Huge issues with all of those. It really sucks.

Offline notaweaboo

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 07:34:35 pm »
Oh well nevermind then XD Good luck with that!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:12:39 am »
There is nothing wrong with you both having similar panels.  ;) If an attendee wants to go to both, or misses on they can still make the other, lots of reasons.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:12:21 am »
Yeah sorry, I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't submit yours. I'm actually really glad there is a spike in people wanting to do them this year :)

Offline notaweaboo

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »
Oh no I didn't mean it like that XD I already submitted a different panel so it's fine.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:23 am »
I'd say the only caution is time.  I ran a cosplay fitness panel two years ago at Kcon but we were 8am on Sunday and no one showed up.  Eventually we had two guys pop in but that was it.  As far as I knew there weren't any other 'big' panels going on but I think the early morning turned people off.