Author Topic: Vocaloid Concert Panel 2015 (Turned down)  (Read 3503 times)

Offline Buzzibear13

• Oni
Vocaloid Concert Panel 2015 (Turned down)
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:10:46 pm »
Hey guys! So I posted this idea on Facebook if anyone already saw it, but I got the idea to do a Vocaloid Concert Panel at Kumoricon! It'd be a panel where vocaloid cosplayers would dance to songs and we would put on a concert!

So far, I already have a Miku, a Rin, a Len, a Luka, and a Gumi.

So I am looking for a Kaito, a Gakupo, and then any other Vocaloids that would like to join!

Hopefully I can get this approved as well. I will be making a group on Facebook to go into details  as well.

Anyone interested in helping out or seeing this happen, please let me know! :3
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:22:25 pm by Buzzibear13 »
Kumoricon 2015 Plans (In No Order):
-Jibril (No Game No Life)
-MIKU Hatsune (Vocaloids)
-Blake (RWBY)
-Secret Cosplay

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: Vocaloid Concert Panel 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:23:43 pm »
I highly suggest you email panels or live programming. This might be better done in the Karaoke room since they have the equipment.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Buzzibear13

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 03:30:49 pm »
I have already emailed the staff. When I went to JoAnn's I met a woman who staffs for K-con there, and she said it will be a bit before they start accepting panels since they have paperwork and why not to fill out. I'm just using the form to find a few more Vocaloids :3
-Blake (RWBY)
-Secret Cosplay

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:09:43 am »
2 things.
1. They mean email staff about the room it can be held in..Not email them to see about submitting. That's what it sounded like you were saying, that they aren't accepting submissions yet, but that's not what they meant. They mean the panel rooms aren't set up for something like this, so you'd need to make sure you even have a way to do it, hence the karaoke room.

2. This is still a really awesome idea. I cosplay Akaito:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3367657/
I'm trying to learn dances but it's hard..But I might still come for the fun of watching though if I can't learn any..
A good idea would be to put the songs you plan on playing, and if they are only Vocaloid songs..Because since Vocaloid MMD models can be moved to dance to ANY music, other well known dances would be fun too (like the Lucky Star OP dance, or Hare Hare Yukai or whatever else there is..)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:01:24 am »
Jeimi's right on what I meant with my comment. It'd be logistically hard for them to set up a room to play music - mics and some sound from a PC is not the same thing as actual music and stage meant for a concert. This is something that really needs to be collaborated with staff and discussed because odds are, they'd want this in the Karaoke room.
I'd also like to point out as a stick-in-the-mud, that a reason they would not okay it is due to the licensing rights of buying the rights to play the VOCALOID songs as a concert. If it's done through karaoke, the licensing rights are probably less expensive.
Kumori'15

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:49:34 am »
Jeimi's right on what I meant with my comment. It'd be logistically hard for them to set up a room to play music - mics and some sound from a PC is not the same thing as actual music and stage meant for a concert. This is something that really needs to be collaborated with staff and discussed because odds are, they'd want this in the Karaoke room.
I'd also like to point out as a stick-in-the-mud, that a reason they would not okay it is due to the licensing rights of buying the rights to play the VOCALOID songs as a concert. If it's done through karaoke, the licensing rights are probably less expensive.

For the licence part, why would they need a licence? I don't understand that. You don't need a licence to sit outside and do the same thing, you've been to cons, you've seen this, I know you have..If you haven't then you haven't been to a con (which I know you have lol) becasue it's very common and expected. It'd be the same thing, just in panel form..It doesn't sound like this person is trying to put on a full on concert like Sakuracon has with the main stage..This is literally karaoke with dancing instead of singing..Does the karaoke room need licencing from every anime song on the planet in order to play them in that room? If not, then why would they need it for a different room?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:12 am »
I just know that licensing is part of the deal. If you want to play snippets of an anime, you can't do it without it being OK'd by the Panel Coordinator. If they see it going on at con, they could get sued (I think). It's something to do with the Rights of the material. VOCALOID's company probably would require that if you play VOCALOID specific original songs to be played at a con must be licensed out in an agreement. If it's the VOCALOID characters singing songs that aren't specific to the company, then that's gray matter. (I don't think it matters if it's a fullblown concert like Sakuracon's main stage stuff. The use of the material being showcased in a concert-like-karaoke manner would probably require Rights.)
I'm not a legal professional, but I know I've been told no for panel ideas because they couldn't get/afford the License/Rights. That's why I said what I said prior: Ask, always ask.
Kumori'15

Offline Coolaloo

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »
Ohh, this seems like fun! It'd be really cool to have a Vocaloid panel of any kind up since Kumoricon has its fair share of Vocaloid cosplayers. If something could happen to bring those cosplayers (and non-cosplayers) together it'd be super. Good luck in making the panel!

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:40 am »
If it turns out I can come to Kumoricon, I would love to help with this! It looks like we already have a Luka, so I would probably have to cosplay Ritsu in that case, if an UTAU character is okay. I know a LOT of dances, though, so if it works out for me to come to Kumoricon, I could totally do some for the panel. :D

EDIT: Just saw your post on Facebook and commented it (I'm Aki-rain); if I can come, I could cosplay Luka.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:11:52 am by Pumpkinziggy »
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline CosplayJump

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 07:05:55 pm »
I do cosplay Gakupo, I'm willing to try to learn some dances, it would be fun to learn them. This panel idea sounds like it would be really fun also.
~

Offline sim9

• Oni
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:42:42 am »
Thread bump -- whatever happened with this, did it get submitted?  I think it's a great idea :D

Re: licensing; Miku & friends are licensed as CC BY-NC, so at least in terms of using the characters, there shouldn't be any problems.  Individual songs may have additional stipulations, but IMO this would overall be less risky than the AMV contest.

Contribution-wise, I don't think my cosplay skills are good enough for such elaborate costumes, but let me know if I can help out with tech or MC'ing.  For space, we should push for wherever the rave is being hosted so we can leverage their PA & lights (if they'll let us).

Offline Buzzibear13

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 05:21:52 pm »
Hey sim9, thanks for emailing me about this, and I have emailed you back so we can talk more there :)

for everyone else, this panel idea was pitched to the staff, but it was turned down because it was not "interactive enough for the audience". They believe that if the audience does not take part in the panel, then it's not worth going to. They said I could have a panel to teach the audience how to do Vocaloid dances, but I turned that idea down. I will be working in the future to make this panel possible, but for this year it is just not an option.

Sorry everyone! thanks for being so interested, and please don't lost hope in this idea! :)
-Blake (RWBY)
-Secret Cosplay