Author Topic: Super Smash Brothers cosplay group 2015  (Read 4790 times)

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
Super Smash Brothers cosplay group 2015
« on: December 21, 2014, 01:10:41 pm »
I was planing a Super Smash Brothers 2015 cosplay group at Kumoricon.  In honor of the new game =) I think it would be cool to just hangout and take pics with everyone!

So I'm still kinda new to planing this kinda of thing lol... So if its end up happening, and enough people are interested in this group photo shoot. I hope maybe you can help me a bit with planing because I would like to start soon even though I know it is a bit early but since I am just starting I'd like to be ahead too just concentrate on the cosplay. :P

Thanks!!  ;D ;D ;D
2019 cosplay

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
Re: Super Smash Brothers cosplay group 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:29 pm »
Would please post a roster for the newest smash bros? I wanna see if there are any characters I would be interested in ;w;

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:37:46 pm »
Might be a little late on posting a roster here but here is one- http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--B5mT0cLB--/dofi9tdxxckvlvni2hh5.png

it has, what I believe is, all the characters even the secret ones unlocked through playing the game.
It is missing Mewtwo though since Mewtwo will be released in spring as a DLC if I remember correctly.

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 09:54:28 pm »
Sorry... I've been busy these months and haven't had time to check up on this forum :/
Thanks for posting up the poster of the characters :) I'm sure it will help people see what characters there are in the game, just in case they decide to cosplay a character from Smash.

If the photo shoot ends up happening I was planing on cosplaying the character "Ike" from Fire Emblem
2019 cosplay

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 10:15:35 pm »
I'm still trying to get my Peach cosplay done. I might do Fire Peah if so..I know my group all wants to do Mario/Smash cosplays. Myself as Peach, My friends as Daisy, Mario and Luigi. They all agreed to do it, we just don't know WHEN..so we might for this..We only have 2 cosplays set so far for photoshoots. I think I can talk them all into Fire versions too becasue I learned how to make fabric light up flames so it'll be even better that way.

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 08:07:36 pm »
I plan on cosplaying Dark Pit

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 01:40:23 pm »
Awesome! Awesome!

Hopefully u guys decide to join the smash group then :D I'd like to see your Mario group cosplay.

Cool! I've never seen a Dark Pit cosplayer before!  It would be cool 2 see ^_^
2019 cosplay

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:26:40 pm »
Awesome! Awesome!

Hopefully u guys decide to join the smash group then :D I'd like to see your Mario group cosplay.

You mean me?
If you mean me then I hope so too lol I still haven't gotten around to asking the Luigi and Daisy yet. I know my Mario will because he keeps asking me about it actually. Since Our Daisy and I are both super stressed for Sakuracon right now, I'm trying not to annoy her with more questions about cosplay..I'll wait till Sakuracon to talk to her about it.
After that I should have an answer. We were originally trying to do them for this year's Kumori in the first place, so I think since she wanted to anyway, that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »
I am currently planning to have Palutena ready for Kumori this year, provided there's time for everything to get finished.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 09:01:32 pm »
Good news..Well sorta..
I've been talking to commissioners to make my Peach cosplay for me. I think I found a good one. Not too expensive (I like the super fancy commissioners, but they don't understand that sometimes people want these kinda dresses to be not as fancy as you freaking thing..I don't need like bridal satin or the most expensive damn material..
But I found someone that seems to understand that so here's to hoping.
I actually almost have the amount already haha

Anyway if this works out, I will have it for sure. How's saturday of con sound?Honestly, that's my only real "free day" where i'm not scheduled to cosplay someone else..Friday I have RWBY and likely DBZ, And I might be doing Kingdom Hearts Sunday and I really would rather not wear a big gown and hoop skirt monday when I have to leave..

Also, just an idea, you don't have to do this, but w2hat about making this a full on Nintendo shoot/gathering rather than just Smash? I would assume there's be one anyway..Why not be this one lol You can always incorporate Smash stuff INTO it. Like "OK! All the Smash characters get up there for photos!" Same with others. Like "All Mario" and "All Zelda" within the same shoot. I do this with Squaresoft/Square Enix. We have like "All Final Fantasy", then "All Kingdom Hearts" and so on.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:11:33 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 10:22:47 pm »
Sailor-Jeimi

I think your peach cosplay sounds awesome!
Hopefully it works out for u!

As for the idea of having just different Nintendo characters photo shoot sounds like a good idea! :D
Whatever gets others interested in joining in!

2019 cosplay

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:54 pm »
Snafu

Hopefully u get your Paletena cosplay done for Kumoricon!
It would be awesome 2 see! I haven't seen a Palatena cosplayer before.
2019 cosplay

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 10:36:30 am »
Sailor-Jeimi

I think your peach cosplay sounds awesome!
Hopefully it works out for u!

As for the idea of having just different Nintendo characters photo shoot sounds like a good idea! :D
Whatever gets others interested in joining in!

Oh thank you lol

That's great. If you'd like, we can talk more via private message, and maybe I can help get this shoot going and help you run it. I hope this doesn't sound mean, but it sounds like you are newer to running shoots. I've held a bunch, mostly ones at Sakuracon, but still. This being a Nintendo shoot will make it HUGE!! Because then we got the other games involved..Also, to help make it more a Nintendo shoot, you can message one of the staff members on here (anyones name that shows they are staff, it usually says under their username but above their picture), and have them change the name of the thread. "Nintendo 2015 Photo Shoot" or even "Nintendo 2015 gathering" should work, or something like that.

Also more updates..I painted my crown one coat of gold so far. I still need to paint the gem things (they aren't gems, but just heat formed foam lol) and glue it to the headband and that'll be done.
I also talked my friend into doing Shadow Link since it's easy, Just doing Ocarina Of Time version becasue it's the simplest., but I already have teh props make for normal link, so now to just make them all black lol

Also, my friend who likely willnot be able to attend, but is a Smash lover, who cosplays Mario, I'm making a Fire Bar for him. If he can make it down that'd be fun to have.

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 09:56:29 pm »
Yeah I'm pretty new lol
Never have planed out a photo shoot before... So if I got some help it would defiantly be appreciated :)

But yeah we can message each other for more ideas and updates.
I don't have much free time right now do to work :/ but I will try and keep in touch more often and check in with u, so we can plan stuff out well.

But I think if we did a Nintedo shoot would be fun idea :D

And sounds like your Peach cosplay is coming out great! :)

I haven't even started working on my cosplays yet! D:
Hopefully I start getting more free time soon :P
2019 cosplay

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 11:03:48 pm »
Alright!!
Messaging you right after this.
And thank you, peach is gonna work out just fine. I figured out that I didn't get enough fabric so I need to get more when I get paid. I styled the wig the other day too and that turned out fine as well so I'm all good with this. I won't have my Star Rod though. I have to do normal Peach becasue smash is too hard for me to do myself, and I can't afford a commission. I can make normal Peach pretty easy though. I'm doing this style:
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/super-mario-awesome-powerful-adventures/images/e/e3/Princess_Peach.png/revision/latest?cb=20130124051812
But I won't have teh parasol becasue I ain't tryin to make that lol

Offline LinkThePrincess

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Legend of the Gathering Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 07:38:43 pm »
My husband I are going as gem link and prince zelda! So depending on the day I would love to join you!:)
Kcon 2016 lineup:
Female Wirt - Over the Garden Wall
Female Dipper - Gravity Falls
Raven (with beast boy) - Teen Titans
Savior Flareon - Pokémon/ Sailor Moon crossover
Jessica and Rodger Rabbit - Who Framed Rodger Rabbit

Legend of the Gathering  Cosplay

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 08:42:44 pm »
My husband I are going as gem link and prince zelda! So depending on the day I would love to join you!:)

Awesome! It would be cool if you guys could join us on the photo shoot! =^_^=
We could use a Link and Zelda 2 join are group!
2019 cosplay

Offline updownclockwise

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »
Hi there!

I'm running the FE shoot, and we're hoping to do that on Saturday, so if this turns into a general Nintendo shoot, I'll definitely try and bring everyone over to this one.

And on the flipside, if anyone is doing an FE cosplay, do show up to the FE shoot!
Sanaki // Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Tetra // Log Horizon
Yona // Akatsuki no Yona
Lymsleia Falenas // Suikoden V (Tentative)

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 02:51:45 pm »
Hi there!

I'm running the FE shoot, and we're hoping to do that on Saturday, so if this turns into a general Nintendo shoot, I'll definitely try and bring everyone over to this one.

And on the flipside, if anyone is doing an FE cosplay, do show up to the FE shoot!

Hello! :)
Yeah I've already pm one of the staff to help me change this in 2 a Nintendo photo shoot, so I'd defiantly be awesome if u brought your FE group to the Nintendo shoot ^_^
Trying to hopefully  get a lot of different Nintendo game cosplayers to join in!

And I'm not exactly sure what day were going for yet... But I'm thinking Saturday if it works best for everyone...?

I'm gonna be cosplaying Ike again this year, so  I'll go join your FE shoot ^_^
2019 cosplay

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »
If we do Saturday sounds like I will have to do a switch out on my costumes to attend both the FE and this shoot
which shouldnt be a problem as long as they arent too close together in time

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2015, 08:50:44 pm »
Fire peach is a go. I have the skirt material in my room, and just need the top material (this crap is too expensive lol) and there's a good chance I can bring a speaker. I likely will be getting promoted to a manager position at work, which means more pay and more hours. Which means I can afford a killer speaker. Which I wanted anyway. So if someone else wants to bring the music, I should have an for sure answer on that in about half a month maybe.

I will also have a fireball prop that lights up..Though during the day, it won't look that great..

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2015, 04:50:26 pm »
Paltena is a go as well.  Still need to buy a wig and shoes and decide how to do the shield but the rest should be just fine.  Also planning to do OOT Zelda, though I'd use Paltena for the shoot.