Author Topic: New Sailor Moon series?!  (Read 11146 times)

Offline Tranny

• Catgirl
New Sailor Moon series?!
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »
http://www.themarysue.com/new-sailor-moon-anime/

That's right they're coming out with more! Who's excited? Who's worried? What are your opinions or thoughts?

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Re: New Sailor Moon series?!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »
I heard about this earlier, and I am SO stoked! I can't wait TwT I bet the animation is going to be beautiful. I really hope they stick closer to the manga though.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:14:57 pm »
To be HONEST....

I am torn on how I feel.

I am thrilled about new Sailor Moon ANYTHING, and an anime closer to the original storyline of the manga? WIN. Yet at the same time, I feel Sailor Moon is such a classic and iconic anime, even with all the mistakes and made up storyline from the producers of the anime and lack of manga storyline, it's still such a classic, messing with it just seems... wrong.

So yes, I am torn. xD

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 08:14:43 pm »
I am ashally really excited becuse it like how they did FMA the frist one wasent close to the manga and then brother hood and BANG it alot better.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:27 am »
Chan told me about this yesterday, basing it off of a post on animenewsnetwork.com .  Not knowing any details about it, I'm hoping that all of which made the original series great will continue on in the remake.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sephiroth87

• Cabbit
    • my art
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 02:17:33 am »
Im being optimistic, hoping for good things!

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 08:04:38 am »
I am ashally really excited becuse it like how they did FMA the frist one wasent close to the manga and then brother hood and BANG it alot better.

FMA was also done MUCH closer together, so the staff and voice actors were all the same.

It's been 15 years since Sailor Moon originally finished airing on Japanese television, a lot of the original production team is not going to return, as well as the voice talents. The original voice talents of Seiya and Diamond aren't even alive. =/

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:45 am »
turthfully I really didnt like the American voice actors and some of the japanesse theres alot of new talent out there. and since this is a remake I am sure they will find some amazing people to do it. There is alot to choice from

Offline Sephiroth87

• Cabbit
    • my art
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56:52 am »
Word!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 12:25:45 pm »
I'm definitely a bit sad to see it remade, because as Kimiski said, it's a classic. However, I'm definitely look forward to it as well to see what they do. As I mention, I'm really excited for the animation- I bet it'll be awesome! And the transformation sequences *w* Perhaps we'll see more movies if it gets popular enough.

I'm curious as to how closely Naoko Takeuchi will be working with the anime staff. I'm really curious if they're going to focus on re-making the original by simply sticking more closely to the manga, or if they're going to change it drastically. I hope not too drastically. However, I'll admit that I wouldn't be too sad to see some of the filler episodes go x.x

I'm thinking that since we've made a lot of progress with things, especially with changes in how a lot of society thinks, we'll be able to get the anime that is more closely to the manga then we originally hoped- they won't feel the need to censor as much. Also, us moonies have been around for the past ten years or so spamming the net with our own opinions of the anime vs. manga, so I'm sure they'll try to learn from that as well. The fact that it will be released simultaneously world wide can only help us as well.

Either way, I think it's exciting that most of us are around not only when the original came out- we grew up watching it on TV and such- but we also get to see this new series. Even if the new series doesn't live up to our expectations, whatever they may be, then we can still say that we got to grow up with the original.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »
I am excited to see the new song and band who is doing the intro their soo cute alot of people told me their uniforms were not to the color but they were wearing their band Colors when they did their liver performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIF8NzrqUbQ - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sientbo1VJc - music video
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:35:45 pm by Titus_Love_Doll »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
turthfully I really didnt like the American voice actors and some of the japanesse theres alot of new talent out there. and since this is a remake I am sure they will find some amazing people to do it. There is alot to choice from

I meant the Japanese voice actors if there's any confusion. Stars wasn't even dubbed in English. xD

I am excited to see the new song and band who is doing the intro their soo cute alot of people told me their uniforms were not to the color but they were wearing their band Colors when they did their liver performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIF8NzrqUbQ - live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sientbo1VJc - music video
??
^ That right there honestly makes me a lot more nervous... just my opinion, but it sounds TERRIBLE. Not only that but... I understand it's "OMG NEWWWWWWW SAILOR MOON" but... did they really HAVE to change the opening completely?? "Moonlight Densetsu will ALWAYS forever in every Moonie's heart be Sailor Moon. It spanned for every season BUT Stars. They could have done the same song but put a twist on it... UGH djhsdjhd Dx Guh... It gives me in now way a vibe of classical magical girls... I feel like I'm being rared up to watch some big eyed, very girly, slap sticky, show, something like Powerpuff Girls... Dx
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:39:12 pm by Kimiski »

Offline Sephiroth87

• Cabbit
    • my art
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 10:40:46 pm »
Ahh.....kimiski is sooooo right ^_^

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 11:44:58 pm »
It's been 15 years since Sailor Moon originally finished airing on Japanese television, a lot of the original production team is not going to return, as well as the voice talents. The original voice talents of Seiya and Diamond aren't even alive. =/

see how out of the loop i am?! my precious diamond ;-; i miss you now that i know your gone....

im excited and.... worried.... mostly about
1: what will become of the fandom? will all of us older sm fans start being the "well back in my day sailor moon's transformation lasted a minute and a half not 3 secounds! " people?! will it turn into narutos fandom ;-;
2: for the love of god dont let canada translate and DONT for the love of ALL THAT IS HOLY do not put vic in as tux mask english va.... or any other "known for this char" vas......

and yes i am trying hard not to go off into a tangent about voice actors and what some consider - no thats a tangent for get that part.

but mostly ALL MY COLLECTIBLES WILL BE WORTH MORE ;-; maybe
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Sephiroth87

• Cabbit
    • my art
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:08:04 am »
Lmao...ahhh the good ol' 3 min transformation, classic! Youre right tho, were gonna be the "old school" moonies. I can see it now...."well youre dumb, because back in my day.....". Oh! You going as terra from ff6, awesome! Shadow and Sabin all the way ^_^. Dont forget your magitek armor.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 03:03:37 am »
I have to agree that I'm not a fan of the new song. They definitely should have used the old one. Could have done a remix or something.

P.S. I love the powerpuff girls. XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14:02 am »
      Going back to the new voice talent topic, who do you guys see that's out there now could be in this new series?

I, for one, can see these people:

• Rie Kugimiya (Taiga from Toradora!, Alfonse from FMA, Liechtenstein from Hetalia, Miyabi from Ninja Nonsense)
               I could see her being Sailor Moon or Mercury
      • Aya Hirano (Haruhi from TMOHS, Misa from Death Note, Reira from NANA)
               I see her as being the prime choice for Sailor Mars, or another possible Moon, but I can also see her being Jupiter
      • Hikaru Midorikawa (Zelgadis from Slayers, Lancer from Fate/Zero, Satoru from Area 88, Seijuuro from Sailor Moon R ;D)
               Definitely Tuxedo Mask
      • Megumi Hayashibara (...dude, she's a freakin' LEGEND!!!)
               Usagi's mother, homeroom teacher, or possibly Luna
      • Yuko Goto (Mikuru from TMOHS, young Methuselah from Witch Hunter Robin, Abiru from Zan Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei)
                My first choice for Sailor Mercury, though I suppose she'd be an okay Venus...
      • Asami Sanada (Kanako from Maria Holic, Sawako from K-ON!, Chizuko from Mahoromatic)
                Definitely Jupiter, though Mars could be an understandable option, too
      • Aya Endo (Miyuki from Lucky Star, Matsu from Sekirei, Kyoko and Sayo from High Score)
                If none of the others mentioned get her first, then Venus ought to be done by this person
      • Jun Fukuyama (Grell from Black Butler, Yayoi from Loveless, Tooru from Princess Princess, Vincent from Pandora Hearts)
                Artemis, or maybe one of the four generals... Zoisite, maybe...?
      • Eri Kitamura (Saya from Blood+, Saya from HSOTD, Alleyne from Queen's Blade)
                Though I could see some of the ladies on this list play Queen Beryl, this person has my top pick
      • Youji Ueda (Genjo from Ikki Tousen, Kei from The Prince of Tennis, the narrator from Maria Holic, Kagero from Zan Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei)
                Definitely Nephrite
      • Tomokazu Sugita (Kyon from TMOHS, Father Kanae from Maria Holic, Takumi from Honey Clover, Hideki from Chobits)
                Maybe it's because I like this guy, but I could see him being Kunzite
      • Daisuke Ono (Sebastian from Black Butler, Itsuki from TMOHS, The Count of Brugges from Trinity Blood)
                Possibly my top pick for Jadeite, or another Tuxedo Mask
      • Kappei Yamaguchi (Subaru from Tokyo Babylon, L from Death Note, InuYasha from InuYasha)
                I think he could pull off Zoisite, or another possible Jadeite
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:28:08 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51:45 am »
OMG @__@ I love Vic Mignogna but NOT as Tuxedo Mask... just... NO.

And I like Powerpuff girls too, but I do not want Sailor Moon to turn into it...

Offline iceytina

• Cabbit
    • Cashlin Snow's Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 10:55:43 pm »
I'm excited and optimistic, but am hoping, like those who've posted already, that it follows the Manga more closely.
I'm not a hard-core Sailor Moon fan but it's my first Anime so holds a special place for me.
That's so cliche lol. Sailor Moon is like half the world's first Anime. <3

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 01:42:13 am »
I'm excited and optimistic, but am hoping, like those who've posted already, that it follows the Manga more closely.
I'm not a hard-core Sailor Moon fan but it's my first Anime so holds a special place for me.
That's so cliche lol. Sailor Moon is like half the world's first Anime. <3

A lot of people sneer at Sailor Moon because they have only seen the english dub, but honestly, they should be thanking Sailor Moon, it's a huge reason anime has been accepted into the U.S- thus resulting in their anime. ;)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:45 pm »
^ I've only just recently seen a few episodes of the English dub, myself.  In terms of the performances of the actors, it was mostly the females did poorly, except for Chibi Moon and Jupiter (Koan possibly being the worst), and the males did pretty good, except for Tuxedo Mask.

Oh, forgot to say this bit: I did like how they used the ending as a recap on the story and moral of the episode, rather than a glimpse into what the next one is.  Though this is common in anime from the '90s, I've never really cared for it too much because they often give more details than I'd like; it's like they'd spoil the suspense by being a bit too specific on what happens.  (This varies from show to show, of course).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:02:25 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Alli-san

• Oni
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:25 pm »
Like many people, Sailor Moon has a special place in my heart, and I think it would be interesting to see the anime redone.

One thing in particular I do want to see, is for there to be a Sailor V anime (or an OVA...I'm not picky.)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2012, 02:16:03 pm »
I could see a possible OVA for Sailor V...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
"Sailor Moon Crystal" to be airing on July 5th, 2014! I am uber excited :)
And so it begins...

Offline Lynzie

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 07:51:20 pm »
Here's a link to the announcement from the other day, completely subtitled.

The new character designs for the Inner Senshi have been announced, and the date and time too. I'm so excited!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:20 am »
"Sailor Moon Crystal" to be airing on July 5th, 2014! I am uber excited :)

Maybe it's just me, but it's kind of funny that it's coming out around Tanabata.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:01:15 pm »
Nobody has replied here in a while but I have to say the new Sailor Moon is amazing!! It does not ruin the old anime nor does it detour from the original manga. I'm very happy with how it has turned out so far. So give it a watch if anyone here was nervous too!