Author Topic: 2015 Panel Ideas  (Read 6194 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
2015 Panel Ideas
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:36:58 am »
This year again, is going to be a 4-day con!
As much fun are ask-this-character panels are, I enjoyed the panels that led to interesting discussions or were culture related.

What are some of the panels you thought were a success in years prior; Why? What are panels you're planning for this next year?

Off the top of my head, I'd love to see a 'How to Make a Skit' panel. Skits are basically 3-5minute long fully scripted and blocked short performances meant for the theater. Some of the best skits are those that are probably the best written and best blocked, and rehearsed.

At the moment, I'm playing with the idea of How To Make A Panel, but I know some people have thought about or done it in years past and I certainly would rather work with those people than step on their toes.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Re: 2015 Panel Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:28:52 am »
If I can make it, I've got several panels I'll work on doing.
Along with bringing back Anime Christmas and Anime Debate, I'd also like to do an Anime King Game for people to play in-character, depending on their cosplay.
Two other ideas I had in mind were a panel for people to discuss anime stuff they hate that others like and vice versa and a panel for fans to talk about decisions they'd make on certain anime series if they could (i.e.: A Soul Eater fan could tell how they they'd like to see Soul and Maka as a canon pairing if that series continued).

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:10:01 pm »
I will have to do some brainstorming; but if I decide not to host any panels I am willing to help anyone who is hosting one.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:42 am »
At the moment, I'm playing with the idea of How To Make A Panel, but I know some people have thought about or done it in years past and I certainly would rather work with those people than step on their toes.

We actually had one of those this year; I was one of the panelists for that.  This year, it was ran by the Panels Coordinator, the Assistant, and their higher up, the Director of Programming, with me as a voice of experience.  I would recommend shooting Programming an email or coming to a general meeting and talking about it with them.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Penguin4478

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »
I was planning on doing a panel that introduces new players to smogon-based competitive pokemon. I dunno if someone else already has done it in previous years though.
2013 Smash Bros. Brawl Champion
2014 League of Legends Top 4 Team
2015 League of Legends 3rd Place Team

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:11:02 am »

We actually had one of those this year; I was one of the panelists for that.  This year, it was ran by the Panels Coordinator, the Assistant, and their higher up, the Director of Programming, with me as a voice of experience.  I would recommend shooting Programming an email or coming to a general meeting and talking about it with them.
I might do that :) I was unable to make it this last year to the panel, so I'm unsure as to what they're looking for regarding the how-to. Everyone seems to organize and birth their panels differently.

Personally, I'm looking forward to running at least one Writing Marathon panel - that seemed to be really liked. And perhaps a different way to explain and host my Voice Acting & Shakespeare. Just have to brainstorm how to change it up so it's fresh to anyone who might come back.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:28:18 pm »
I was  reading  this article on the  JSDF while recently fining up on Full Mental Panic.

I wonder if  there an interest in militarism in anime. THis will be more than josy a favoite military anime. For example JSDF status vs space battleship yamato and Kantai Collection: history revisionism or  wishful thinking.

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 12:14:10 am »
My friends and I are planning on bringing back our Anime Courtroom panel for both a regular and 18+ panel. I'm thinking about doing a evening/late night Tropes "discussion" panel with another friend.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 04:58:39 am »
That'd be a great idea. I enjoyed seeing it in '13 and you should do it again on the last day like you did then.
It's nice to see some unique stuff scheduled on the final day.

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 06:01:33 pm »
I was just curious, would anyone be interested in a Yu-Gi-Oh panel? Like we would talk about the series and play games.

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 12:12:18 am »
I'd vote for a Gundam/Gunpla panel.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 06:48:33 pm »
I submitted my panels from last year, the Pokémon Manga one and the get together for attendees on the autistic spectrum.

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »
I really hope my Remilia Scarlet panel gets accepted.
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 10:33:22 am »
It looks like my tropes panel won't be happening this year. With my co-host and I going to PAX Prime a week before, we decided to try it another time.