Author Topic: Annual Meeting of the Membership and 2015 Elections - September 27, 2014  (Read 7490 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
The Annual Meeting of the Membership will be held on Saturday, September 27, at 11:00am (note earlier time) at:

Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay (Google Maps)
100 Columbia St
Vancouver, WA 98660

A bylaws amendment will be presented to the membership for a vote at this meeting. The bylaws amendment creates a new position on the board, the Director of Infrastructure, and eliminates the Vice Chair position, both changes starting with the 2015 convention year. Bylaws amendments require a vote in approval both by the board and by the membership to pass. The board has unanimously passed this amendment and recommends that the members vote to approve it. Details of this amendment, including the full text and a copy of the bylaws with annotated changes, are available in the Bylaws amendment to create Director of Infrastructure forum thread in the staff area. (To access this link requires being a staff member, being logged into the forum, and linking a forum account. Please contact secretary@kumoricon.org for any assistance.) Details of the amendment were also emailed to all ratified staff members at the time of the announcement.   If the amendment is passed by the membership at the annual meeting, an election will be held for the new directorship at this same meeting.

At the Annual Meeting of the Membership, elections will be held for the following positions:
  • Chair/President
  • Director of Membership
  • Director of Operations
  • Director of Programming
  • Director of Publicity
  • Director of Relations
  • Director of Infrastructure (if amendment passes)
This meeting is open to public attendance. Voting is open to Altonimbus Entertainment Members (Kumoricon staff).

Members must be present in person to vote, except for proxy voting. If you are a Member of Altonimbus Entertainment but cannot attend the meeting, you may designate another Member as your proxy. This means that the Member you designate as your proxy is authorized to cast your vote in your stead for any election or matter that comes before the membership for a particular meeting. A Member may only act as a proxy for no more than two other Members for a particular vote. You may authorize a proxy in either of two ways: (1) The Member not attending the meeting may authorize another Member using the online proxy authorization system, or (2) The proxy attending the meeting may bring a printed form to the meeting signed by the absent Member. Only one or the other is required, not both. The full proxy policy is printed on the authorization form. Online proxy authorization is currently active.

A more detailed elections process document is available to staff members (staff login required) detailing the elections meeting policy and procedure.  It is the last link in the General subsection under Documents. An overview of the elections procedure is publicly available.

The meeting starts two hours earlier than normal, at 11am, to provide enough time for all the elections.  Food will be provided partway through the meeting.

You can discuss this meeting in this thread. However, for questions specifically to candidates, or for nominations, please use the designated threads in the Elections forum area instead.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
Re: Annual Meeting of the Membership and 2015 Elections - September 27, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »
I recently had an Achilles Tendon Lengthening performed on my left leg, so I won't be able to attend the meeting. If you were staff at Kumoricon 2014, can you please message me, if you're able to go to the meeting? I need a proxy.

I now have a proxy.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:33:44 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »
Will there be a meeting held in October? If so, where and when? And will the business that was tabled after the long elections at the September meeting (such as rant & rave) be covered during that meeting?

It would be great to know, so I can plan my weekends for this month accordingly.  ;D

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:05:29 pm »
Great question!

Since Kumoricon 2005, only once have we had a general meeting (other than an annual meeting with elections) in October.  I can't say for certain that we won't this year, because that is a decision made by the entire board -- which means before it can happen, the newly elected board members need to have the annual board meeting (no sooner than October 8th) and elect the Secretary and Treasurer for 2015; and then all together the 2015 Board will make a plan for the meetings for the year -- but it seems like a safe bet.

Either way, there will be a time for announcements and Rant & Rave at the next meeting.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »
When are you going to be posting the General Meeting Minutes?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:40:17 am »
When are you going to be posting the General Meeting Minutes?

I expect to get them up on Sunday.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience!  The minutes post will also include a link to a PDF of the slides shown at the annual meeting.

Thanks!
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 03:34:16 pm »
...any progress on when the next meeting will be?  Is there at least plans to have one in November?  I know there usually is, but until word gets out, I've found it best to assume that one isn't coming.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh