Author Topic: Sakuracon 2015  (Read 10708 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Sakuracon 2015
« on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:46 am »
are you going? Post here. Since they don't have their own forum (and the mods here were fine with the sc2014 thread) I thought it'd be nice to post this here.

So far I don't know exactly what I'm cosplay or when, but my friends and I have ideas for group stuff. I'm so far thinking at least an AKB0048 group with a few people, maybe a Zelda group with Link, Zelda and Navi. I also have my Sora cosplay from this last kumoricon I might bring. My friend may be Xemnas again. And my other friend might do Riku. I also have my OC that I might be able to talk my friends into cosplay my OCs with me.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakuracon 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:35:11 am »
Point one - I think it's ridiculous that Sakuracon no longer has a forum, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.

Point two - I have yet to attend a meeting with my anime club, but as far as I know the plan is still to attend this year.  I hope to have some sort of cosplay this year, but I have no idea on what it would be.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:01 am »
I have a hope to attend, but I'm not sure.
Assuming I get to go, I'm going to be hosting at least the Writer's Block panel that went over very well at Kumori this year  ;)
I do agree with Washougal, that it's dumb the forums aren't there anymore. I used to love scrolling through them to see what sorts of things people were planning to wear as a group so I could think if there was anyone from those that I might enjoy wearing myself.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:38:36 pm »
Currently hoping to go all weekend with tons of cosplays. I'm seriously looking forward to it.

Offline Javie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 03:53:13 am »
Yeah I'll be there hopefully, although there is a chance I'll have classes boo! So somehow I'll try and plan around that or something. I posted on the Cosplay.com forums though of myself attending etc. Kill la Kill cosplay here. I've yet to figure out either two more I can bring too but nothing too big because I'm taking my car from portand it's not huge van haha.
Plans for 2015

-*Maybe* Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
-Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
-Ruby Rose (RWBY)
-Sister Paula (Trinity Blood)
-Akame (Akame ga Kill!)
-Aqua or Ventus (Kingdom Hearts)
-Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »
So here are some plans in case anyone cares to meet up or find me and say hi..

-Kingdom Hearts-
I'm bringing Marluxia back for this years Sakuracon. If any of you saw me last year on friday of Sakuracon, I was the ONLY marluxia that day, at all..I had a HUGE scythe..My friend may wear my Sora cosplay. If not I am going to use fabric paint and make one of his shirts or hoodies (depends, I'm talking him into a hoodie, it's funnier) that will have silver painting that says "I'M THE FUXKING BOSS!" THEN ON THE BACK "GIVE ME....MORE....HEARTS!"

-Zelda-
IF I finish, I will be Zora Tunic Link and my friend will be crossplaying Zelda (he's a little taller than me, he may chime in here, he's on these forums), both from Ocarina Of Time. My friend that will be Jaune from above will be my little annoying Navi..Yes I gave her permission to annoy me lol

-P&SwG-
If we do these (we may not) it will be later at night..Like a "walk around bored saturday" type of thing..I will be Stocking and the same friend as Jaune and Navi will be Panty, and my Xemnas friend may be Garter Belt.

-Final Fantasy-
I will be Dissidia Squall, my Jaune friend will be Dissidia Barts, and my Xemnas friend will be Sazh (ff13)

-Vocaloid-
If Link doesn't get done, I'll be Akaito in the black and red coat version with a guitar.

We may not be all of these..The final fantasy one MIGHT not happen..I can't find a coat that works that I can afford, if not, then I'm screwed there..And like I said, the P&SwG may not..This depends on Panty, and if she really wants to..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:27:09 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline ImpulseCosplay

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 05:40:58 pm »
I really miss the Sakura Con forums. They were so convenient! Anyway, I'll be attending Sakura Con with my girlfriend all three days. I'm going to be Bombshel Starfire and Harley Quinn while my girlfriend is going to be New 52 Arsenal and Poison Ivy. Hope we see some of you guys around!
Sakura Con 2015: Bombshell Starfire; Harley Quinn
Kumoricon 2014 (if I can make it): Bombshell Starfire; Harley Quinn; Princess Bubblegum

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 06:23:43 pm »
Finalized Schedule (not including Thursday, because I may not even cosplay that day):

Friday-
-Kingdom Hearts- I will be Larxene, Wrath-chan19 will be Zexion, and another will be Xemnas. Either "Day Off" Xemnas (hoodie or shirt that says something "Xemnas-y" on it) or "Final Battle" white and black coat ver. And I'm talking my other friend into being Marluxia..
-Final Fantasy- I might do Squall for this Final Fantasy shoot, but I might not, because I may make the shirt too dirty unless I can find 2 white shirts to cut up into his style..Dissidia BTW..My friend will be Kain. Not sure which version..They did Hooded Man last year. If I do Squall my Xemnas friend might change into Sazh.

Saturday-
-Pokemon- I will be Hikari (Dawn) in her outfit from Pokemon Platinum. Wrath-Chan19 will be a Litwick gijinka. Talking to my other 2 friends abut doing some characters.
-Final Fantasy- This time for sure I'll be doing Squall regardless. Same one from above. My same friend from above, too, will be Bartz. Also Dissidia version. My Sazh friend will be there for that for sure too.

Sunday-
-Vocaloid- I will be Akaito..A lot of you maybe seen me before. It' my "every con" cosplay..I wore it MOST of 2013 and once in 2014 (it got REALLY drenched in the rain). I had my guitar this last Sakuracon too..Same everything as in my avatar to the left there..My friend will most likely be Luka (TALL Luka lol and maybe in a school uniform instead) and another friend and her bff are gonna be Luka and SeeU.

Ok I think that's everything haha
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:15:05 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 10:31:27 am »
Hey everyone, Animeman73, here. I'm planning on going to Sakuracon again dressed once again as Sub-Zero. But this is where I need your help. I'm looking for a few good 25 and older anime fans who can help me with visuals. I'm planning on doing Otaku 25 and older again. But here the thing I'm looking or some fresh blood 25 and older to join with Agent of the Divine one and myself. I'm also looking for someone who's good wioth visuals and the techj gear required for those visuals.

I'm also planning on bringing back fiction theater, and if there are any fanfic or original fic writers here planning to go to Sakuracon who are interested in joining me please let me know. I"m also planning to have  little audience participation by having audience members write down action sentences and lines of dialogue they like. We'll then take those lines, add in some character suggestions from the audience, and a situation  and create a really wacky and wild story which will be called "Fractured Fan Fiction" which will incidentally be posted on Fanfiction.net. I'm also looking to take suggestions for prizes for this panel I'm hoping to do So any suggestions would also be appreciated.

So to any of you who are 25 and older who would be interested in joining me for Otaku 25 and older and you can handle your own with computers, viewing screens, and visuals please contact me via PM here on the forums or send me an e-mail.

And as for my fiction theater panel If you're interested in being a panelist (It'll be, at worst, PG-13 just to be safe.) please e-mail me or contact me via PM. Get back to me as quickky as possible, thanks for your time and I'll see you at Sakuracon.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 11:10:01 am »
Yo guys, it's getting closer!!

Anyway, I got my plans down for cosplays.

-Thursday-
++Kurami (OC)

-Friday-
==Kingdom Hearts==
++Sora - Me
++Riku - Eve
++Xemnas - Cesar
==Final Fantasy==
++Squall - Me (this is IF I can finish him.)
++Kain (Hooded Man) - Eve
++Sazh - Cesar
==Late Night (after around 8pm)==
I'll me back in Sora, I'll see what the others wanna do

-Saturday-
==Pokemon==
++Litwick - Eve
++Lampent - Cesar
++Chandelure - Me
==Final Fantasy==
++Squall - Me
++Bartz - Eve
++Sazh - Cesar
==Late Night (After around 8pm)==
Back to Pokemon. This time though, it'll be dark enough to see our hard work..Each of our gijinkas listed above (litwick and it's evolutions) will have flames that will just look like fabric flames in the daylight. But come night time, they will be able to light up..So yea, they will have lights in them. It'll be so much more awesome at night..

-Sunday-
==Soul Eater==
++Spirit - Me
++Black Star - Cesar
Don't know what Eve is doing.

Also,k I don't know for sure if I'll be doing Squall, It being a white shirt and a vinyl jacket, I'm gonna sweat like a beast in that thing..So depending on how the weather is, or how things end up, there's a chance I either will do him both times, but if not, and need to do him only once, it'll be the Saturday shoot..If at all lol

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 07:40:44 pm »
Ok so if I get to go all days, then my schedule will look something like this:

Friday: Rumpleteazer - CATS
Saturday: God Tier Calliope - Homestuck
Sunday: Fem!Karkat - Homestuck

I miigght do someone from OHSHC or Saki from Eden of the East, but that's a bit doubtful. When I finalize my schedule I will update it.

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 12:30:16 am »
I'll be coming back this year and volunteering again. As for cosplays, all I know for now is that I'm bringing Shinra Kishitani (Durarara!!) and Amon (Legend of Korra) and that I'm leaving Luxord (Kingdom Hearts) at home this year. I don't know which days I'll wear each cosplay yet, though.

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 11:24:47 pm »
I will be going to Sakuracon for the first time this year!!  I'm so excited!!

Once again, because I'm still obsessed I suppose, I will (probably) be in all Soul Eater cosplays, or at least mostly.  I've submitted Soul Eater panel applications to them, so depending if they're accepted and, if so, on what days, that will determind which cosplays I wear and when.  But my possibilities that I have done/hope to have done are:

• Death the Kid (done, debuted at NewconPDX 3)
  • Soul "Eater" Evans (done, worn at Kcon '14 and Newcon 3)
  • Crona (done, same as Soul)
  • Tsubaki Nakatsukasa (~50% done, might wear)
But I also have plans to make a few others soon:

• Sailor Neptune (have all materials, haven't started; depends if friend will go as my Uranus)
  • Dark Mousy from D.N.Angel (have some supplies, but not much, and probably don't get him done in time)
And who knows at this point... Depending on if/how many panels of mine get accepted, I might have the urge to bring out my good ol' Alois Trancy (done, worn at Kcons '13 and '14).

I'll certianly update when I have a better idea!   :-\
Find me on:

Facebook:  Uptown Otaku
Tumblr:  uptownotakucosplay
YouTube:  UptovvnOtaku
Instagram:  uptownotaku
Fanfiction.net:  UptownOtaku
DeviantART:  uptownotaku

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »

Once again, because I'm still obsessed I suppose, I will (probably) be in all Soul Eater cosplays, or at least mostly.  I've submitted Soul Eater panel applications to them, so depending if they're accepted and, if so, on what days, that will determind which cosplays I wear and when.  But my possibilities that I have done/hope to have done are:

• Sailor Neptune (have all materials, haven't started; depends if friend will go as my Uranus)
  • Dark Mousy from D.N.Angel (have some supplies, but not much, and probably don't get him done in time)
And who knows at this point... Depending on if/how many panels of mine get accepted, I might have the urge to bring out my good ol' Alois Trancy (done, worn at Kcons '13 and '14).

There's gonna be a Soul Rater photo shoot on Sunday of sakuracon. You an find me and my friends. I'll be Spirit and he will be Black Star. You'll be able to tell us apart from the others. I'll have scythe pieces coming from my wrists and back and he is a black black star (as in he is dark skinned).
For reference of my Spirit cosplay, it'll be something similar to this:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/056/3/d/I_am_his_weapon__by_SpiritAlbarn.jpg
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:51:55 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 07:34:53 pm »
If I can go, I will be bringing my Natsu cosplay, my FMA dress, and my Attack on Titan cosplay that I'm working on.

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 05:33:47 pm »

There's gonna be a Soul Rater photo shoot on Sunday of sakuracon. You an find me and my friends. I'll be Spirit and he will be Black Star. You'll be able to tell us apart from the others. I'll have scythe pieces coming from my wrists and back and he is a black black star (as in he is dark skinned).
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/056/3/d/I_am_his_weapon__by_SpiritAlbarn.jpg

Oh, awesome!!  That's good to know!  I will definitely do my best to make it to that and bring my sister along!
Find me on:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 06:06:00 pm »

Oh, awesome!!  That's good to know!  I will definitely do my best to make it to that and bring my sister along!

Is your sister the maka from the panels? If so that's the same one I was suppose to meet at limit on but ended up not cosplaying Spirit. I brought it with me, but never got around to it. Lol. If that's te one, that'll be fun.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 12:06:08 am »
Odds are fantastic that I'm going  ;) I'm going to be staffing and getting more volunteer experience for my resume.
To prepare for the actual con, I'm brainstorming what costumes to bring. I'm going to be making at least one costume to bring. The main costume I'm working on right now probably would be too cumbersome for staffing in, but I might bring it anyway... Unsure. There's little things that I'm not sure if I'll get done on it in time...
The costumes for sure that I'm bringing are Kagamine Len and Neku - tooootally comfortable. I'll have to figure out something for Neku's shoes since the converse are too flat for my liking and I'm not sure if I'll have the funds to get insoles. The new one I'm making is going to be from the new Tales of game, Edna - but I haven't even patterned dresses out so I'm not sure how much fabric I'll have to work with. The cumbersome one is Kanata, but I'm short materials for his ears and tail this month so we'll see.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 09:12:51 pm »

Is your sister the maka from the panels? If so that's the same one I was suppose to meet at limit on but ended up not cosplaying Spirit. I brought it with me, but never got around to it. Lol. If that's te one, that'll be fun.

Yep, that's the one!  We're those two same crazy people in the flesh~  Yeah, I remember you mentioning you might cosplay Spirit, but that's okay.  Things happen!  It sounds like you will have your chance to run after your daughter after all, though!  We'll see if she remembers to bring her book to Maka-chop people.  If she forgets you might be safe. XP
Find me on:

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 11:57:08 am »
This will be my 10th Sakura Con attendance! I'm excited to bring my boyfriend to his 2nd SC. I had a few cosplays lined up but I had surgery last month that's taking me a few months to heal properly so I wont be cosplaying anyone this year sadly. I was hoping I would be able to bring my black cat again but it's a no go this time. I was planning on being Catherine and my boyfriend being Vincent from the Catherine game but I don't have the time or funds this year with how much my surgery costed me. :( But I look forward to hanging out in our kigus together and seeing all the magnificent cosplayers.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
The costumes for sure that I'm bringing are Kagamine Len and Neku - tooootally comfortable.
Are you gonna be Neku at my KH and Square shoots on Friday? Still would love a Neku to hang out with..

UptownOtaku (easier than that HUGE quote),
That would not be fun haha Don't need any Maka Chops..She CAN, however, be mean "in character", as long as I can also be in character without her being weird..But you said in the panel thread for last year that she loves being in character if I remember right, so this'll be fun..Also, you can have a Black Star to bud up with becasue my friend will be him so that's neat. We just need a Tsubaki for him..

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 09:05:10 pm »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Haha, yes, no worries!  She won't cause any harm; being in-character is so much fun for us!  I'm actually cosplaying Tsubaki at some point soon in the near future, maaaaaybe for Sakuracon, maaaaybe for Kumoricon this year...  Not sure when I'll have a free day to wear her, but I'd love to spend some time with some awesome Black*Stars!  ^_^  This is going to be a great con--I can feel it~!
Find me on:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 10:02:55 pm »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Haha, yes, no worries!  She won't cause any harm; being in-character is so much fun for us!  I'm actually cosplaying Tsubaki at some point soon in the near future, maaaaaybe for Sakuracon, maaaaybe for Kumoricon this year...  Not sure when I'll have a free day to wear her, but I'd love to spend some time with some awesome Black*Stars!  ^_^  This is going to be a great con--I can feel it~!
Are you cosplaying soul at the SE shoot at sakuracon? That's why I mentioned my friend. I gotta do a "SOUL!! BLACK STAR!!" video. You know the one I mean

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:56 am »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Are you cosplaying soul at the SE shoot at sakuracon? That's why I mentioned my friend. I gotta do a "SOUL!! BLACK STAR!!" video. You know the one I mean
Hahaha, yes, I know exactly the one you mean!  It depends what day it is and if/when my Soul Eater panels get approved and on what days.  That helps me coordinate which of my cosplays I wear each day, so it might be Soul.  Who knows; if I end up with a big gap in time, I might change into him just for that! XD  I've always wanted to reenact that scene with somebody!
Find me on:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:54 am »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Hahaha, yes, I know exactly the one you mean!  It depends what day it is and if/when my Soul Eater panels get approved and on what days.  That helps me coordinate which of my cosplays I wear each day, so it might be Soul.  Who knows; if I end up with a big gap in time, I might change into him just for that! XD  I've always wanted to reenact that scene with somebody!
Well if it helps, the photo shoot is Sunday, at like 1pm I think..Noon or 1, I can't remember. But yea..Unless you are doing one of your panels on Sunday, the day that the least amount of people will be there..Which I'd hope not lol

Also, my friend has REALLY been wanting to do the video haha He loves that part, as he should. I wanna do the "positive waves" thing Spirit does and Stein goes "What the hell are you doing"..When he's trying to give Maka good luck on the test..lol

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 05:31:55 pm »
Hey everyone update here. It's official words from the Sakuracon staff is Otaku 25 and older is going on. Here's the details. And I"m still looking for people 25 and Older who would be interested in being panelists. Please let me know on this thread or by PM if you're interested in volunteering.

Otaku 25 and Older, back again! (SC-ALL)
From the city of Roses Portland, Oregon, Otaku 25 and Older returns to Sakura-con! This time with some fresh blood. Come all anime fans 25 and older as we talk about our favorite animes, what got us involved with anime, cosplay, communicating with the younger generation, and if all goes well have some visuals. Anyone under the age of 25 is welcome.TIME: Sunday, 4/5/15 @ 9:30AM - 11:30AMROOM: Panels 6 (4C-1)
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 08:24:53 pm »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Well if it helps, the photo shoot is Sunday, at like 1pm I think..Noon or 1, I can't remember. But yea..Unless you are doing one of your panels on Sunday, the day that the least amount of people will be there..Which I'd hope not lol

Also, my friend has REALLY been wanting to do the video haha He loves that part, as he should. I wanna do the "positive waves" thing Spirit does and Stein goes "What the hell are you doing"..When he's trying to give Maka good luck on the test..lol
Yes, I have found that it's at 1:00 PM on Sunday.  The problem isn't that I'm hosting my panels that day, but that I'm in the Improv Cosplay Chess match, which I have to be at for the 1:15 pre-meet.  So it's starting to look not-so-good...  I wish the photoshoot was earlier!!  My sister and I are dying to be there =_=
Find me on:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »
Sailor-Jeimi~

Yes, I have found that it's at 1:00 PM on Sunday.  The problem isn't that I'm hosting my panels that day, but that I'm in the Improv Cosplay Chess match, which I have to be at for the 1:15 pre-meet.  So it's starting to look not-so-good...  I wish the photoshoot was earlier!!  My sister and I are dying to be there =_=

I saw you posted there. I didn't read it, but you could ask them..If anything I'll be him all that day so there's a good chance we can all meet up before hand and chat and have pics taken and all that..At least that way we can all meet at least.

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:15 am »
Sailor-Jeimi~

I saw you posted there. I didn't read it, but you could ask them..If anything I'll be him all that day so there's a good chance we can all meet up before hand and chat and have pics taken and all that..At least that way we can all meet at least.
True, true!  That's something, at least!  I did ask if there was any way it could be bumped a bit earlier in the day, but I haven't heard anything back yet.  But we'll see!  Either way, we'll hopefully have a chance to run into you and some other cosplayers that day and get some good pictures/videos! XD
Find me on:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »
@UptownOtaku, I posted just now on coscom so hopefully something happens.

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:37 pm »
I'm so excited! I will be going to Sakura-Con this year! I will be bringing my Natsu from Fairy Tail, L from Death Note, my Attack on Titan cross-over and depending on how much I get done, I will bring my Yusei Fudo cosplay.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 11:58:14 pm »
So it looks as if though I will be there on Saturday, but not attending.  I will most likely be spending my time hanging out at the bottom level and occasionally hanging out with some friends.  Unfortunately, Sakura-Con does not have day badges, so I will not be able to go in.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh