Author Topic: Hotel  (Read 8260 times)

Offline jessiek

• Cabbit
Hotel
« on: May 26, 2004, 02:35:41 pm »
I'm planning to rent a hotel room I wanted to know if anyone wanted to share a room and split the cost. I live in portland but I want to rent a room so if anyones willing let me know. :wink:

Vyse

Hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 11:23:26 pm »
I think we might be able to fit you in.  I reserved a hotel room for my group.  If you wish to talk more about this, email me at heavensclone@hotmail.com.

Kakashi sensei

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 12:26:27 am »
Quote from: "Vyse"

Kakashi sensei

Bishie? ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 06:59:55 am »
I also have two rooms with 2 double beds that I have reserved, If anyone wants in let me know.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Hotel
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 09:28:11 am »
what r we talkin about in prices.  i cant afford to split a room in half but a 3 or 4 share would be do-able
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2004, 02:31:13 pm »
awsum!!! my sister would hate me if i asked her 2 drive me 2 the con everyday and i need a room but i cant rent 1 or reserve one becuase of my age so i need 2 split one but how much are the prices? and im willing 2 sleep on the floor lolz
MiYaVi

Offline jessiek

• Cabbit
Price
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 10:02:33 pm »
I believe it would be about 200 dollars total for two nights maybe a bit more with tax I plan to call the hotel and see how much it will cost with tax. Just to let you know I'm a girl and I dont care what sex I share a room with. Another thing we can get 4-6 people in to a room depending on how cozzy we want to get two in each bed and one or two on the floor. :roll:

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 02:37:14 am »
O_o is it 200 for 1 person if we split the costs or is that the total we would split?
MiYaVi

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 08:08:59 am »
I think the room rate is $88 a night, so for one room for three night  just over $250 for three nights, If you have four people in a room it would be around $60 a person for three nights. This is all just estimates.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Xella

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Crazy Shirt Lady
Hotel
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 08:32:13 am »
The con rate is $89 a night, up to six (eight?) people (if we're to believe the Marriott website.  Which we should, since that's where we generally reserve from XD;;)

Assuming you stay the nights of the 3rd and leave the day after con on the 7th (so you stay the  nights of the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth), you're looking at $356 total, plus any fees and charges the hotel decides it wants to place upon you (I don't know what we're looking at in that sort of expense, so I'm going to omit it).

That means that for four nights, split between...
• two people would be $178 per person
• three people would be $119 per person (actually $118.67, but shush)
• four people would be $89 per person
• five people would be $71.20 per person

If you're not staying the last night (say you live in the Portland area, and don't have to catch a plane back on the seventh like me), or you're starting your stay the first night of con, your hotel will be a base price (sans fees) of $267.

That means that for three nights, split between...
• two people would be $133.50 per person
• three people would be $89 per person
• four people would be $66.75 per person
• five people would be $53.40 per person

If you're only staying two nights because you live in the Portland area and can afford to bring very little with you to con, your cost would be $178.

That means that for two nights, split between...
• two people would be $89 per person
• three people would be $60 per person (actually $59.34, erring on the side of having too much money =3)
• four people would be $44.50 per person
• five people would be $35.60 per person

I'm sure you can figure it out on your own if you plan to have six, seven, or eight people crammed into one of the little hotel rooms, or if you're only staying one night, or whatever your other logistical problems are.

Don't forget that many hotels add a $50+ surcharge for electricity, housecleaning, what-the-heck-ever, plus it's always a good idea to leave a tip for the maid, if you choose to let one into your room during con (not necessarily the smartest idea, so I've been told), so you're going to have other costs it'd be wise to split.  In any case, hope that helps clarify a bit ^^v

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Hotel
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 10:12:17 am »
thank you xella.  this is the response i needed :)

If I get a room or split one with someone Id be staying the night for the 4th and 5th.  seeing as the con ends on the 6th.   this is how it worked out at Sakura-Con for me.  

Now If I was staff then id most likely stretch it out to the 7th in the assistance of cleaning up, closeing down and such.  so whos grabbin a room.  lets see if we cant get a nice 4 person room or more to keep that bill down for each occupant. (btw useing a credit card gets u charged more so try and stick with cash)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline wingzero_010

• Oni
Hotel
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 08:06:44 pm »
i think thet for the con were only suposed to have no
more then 4 people to a room i dont remember where
on the forum it was brought up but thay seid it was part
of the contract.

Offline Radgore

• Cabbit
Hotel
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 08:43:27 pm »
I would like to share a room w/someone(s) I dont care about gender just so long as i get to be there!!!
No man is safe here...

Offline -MiYaVi-

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 08:50:11 pm »
WOW i never knew a hotel could be so expansive seems like i need a job lolz sadly i cant we must have lots of people so all of us dont have 2 pay 4 much!!!!!! if u have AIM we can discuss all of this my S/N is PinkIchigoKitty
MiYaVi

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 04:59:31 am »
Just a reminder to everyone, no more than four people to a room or you risk getting kicked out of the hotel.  ^.^

Vyse

Hotel
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2004, 11:57:24 am »
Nope.  I had already reserved my room and on the little scrollbar thingy on the Marriott website where it says how many guests there will be, the max number said 6.

Kakashi

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2004, 01:16:40 pm »
That's odd.  It might be a different room size you're looking at.  For the most part people should be advised no more than four.  Most rooms are four sized in that hotel. ^.^

Kakashi

Bishie! ^.^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Hotel
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2004, 07:22:18 pm »
i was contemplating trying to find friends to stay with, to save $. however, i'm not sure whether there will be any parking anywhere in the vicinity? is it possible to arrange to pay in advance for hotel parking, then later decide whether or not (if there is space available) to get a room?

i have friends i can stay with, i'm just allergic to their pets.

i might stay at this cool place called the goddess temple......but i'm not sure what the hours are that i could come and go

at least i found out i have labor day off :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Sahira3x2

• Oni
    • http://
Hotel
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 11:17:32 pm »
woot! this was the topic i need! my friend and i are planning on going and we need 2 other people to come with us... if anyone is interested email me at wufeis_shinigami@hotmail.com we only plan on staying to night because i live in portland and my friend lives in salem.. we just need a place to crash at night when we've partied ourselves out. so if anyones interested i would greatly appreciate it! i don't know if anyone will read this cause it doesn't look like anyones posted in awhile but any response would be great! thanks so much!
Sahira
As i walk throught the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil. For I am Death and this is my Valley.

Offline jessiek

• Cabbit
Hotel
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 08:59:43 am »
Hey all. With a little over a month left I need to know who wants to split a room. If you are really interested in staying at the hotel and you know for sure you can pay at least $60 let me know my email is j_dragonfire@excite.com I plan to stay 2 maybe three nights depending on what the other people in the room want to do.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Hotel
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 09:55:12 am »
I posted somewhere else that I had two rooms with two double beds each reserved and if you want in one you could rent it off me. post or PM and we'll work something out.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
Hotel
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2004, 07:24:39 pm »
I may take you up on the rooms, k? It was pretty cool at Sakuracon, and this whole last minute Kumori thing is hitting me. I do kinda need a room, ne? :blushie: