Author Topic: Dragon Ball Series 2015  (Read 23306 times)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
Dragon Ball Series 2015
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:20:43 pm »

Dressing up next year from this awesome series?
Come post on who you will be cosplaying, and plan out a photoshoot for all of us to nerd out in our cosplays! :3

----------------------
Photoshoot: [TBA]
---------------------

List of Cosplayers:

Vegeta: soraandfriend
Bulma: Chromophobic
Yamcha: kuroki-neko
Cell Saga Gohan: Raedesu, Sailor-Jeimi
Chichi: Raedesu
Great Saiyaman: Raedesu

SSJ2 Gohan Sailor-Jeimi
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:37:44 pm by Chromophobic »

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
Re: Dragon Ball Series 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 02:50:25 pm »
ill try to be yamcha.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:11:19 pm »
It's possibly I might do something from the DB series but not sure yet...My boyfriend was Dr. Brief and I was Android 18 for 2014.  We joked about doing a terrible ship of Dr. Brief and Bulma.  x_x  (Don't think it will happen but who knows what will.)

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:02 pm »
I will most likely have Cell Saga Gohan done in time for Kumoricon next year. =D If not, I do have Great Saiyaman, so either way you can put me down as Gohan! (I was the Great Saiyaman this year, along with the Afro Bulma!)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:12:01 pm by Raedesu »
Kumoricon 2014 tentative schedule:
Friday: Great Saiyaman/Kotoko Aihara
Saturday: Shiemi Moriyama/Shindo Shuichi
Sunday: Bulma Brief
Monday: TBD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:18:55 pm »
I too am hoping to have cell saga gohan. I'm going for ssj2 gohan because that's easier. I may do injured gohan. Or at least semi. Like not the broken arm injury kind.

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »
I also do not mind doing Chichi, so that there are no repeat characters. She's been a favorite of mine for many years, and I think she'd be amazingly fun to cosplay, especially because she needs more love. =3

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »
I also do not mind doing Chichi, so that there are no repeat characters. She's been a favorite of mine for many years, and I think she'd be amazingly fun to cosplay, especially because she needs more love. =3
Oh don't worry about that. 2 gohans is fine with me. He's just my all time favorite and that version is just so I don't have to bother with the SSJ1 hair and the Piccolo cloak lol But chances are I won't be able to do it anyway because god forbid I can get a job and have money for anything

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 07:44:26 pm »
Oh don't worry about that. 2 gohans is fine with me. He's just my all time favorite and that version is just so I don't have to bother with the SSJ1 hair and the Piccolo cloak lol But chances are I won't be able to do it anyway because god forbid I can get a job and have money for anything

See, I had this problem this year, too. lol. I love Gohan myself, and I had to choose which outfit of not only his, but Bulma's I wanted to do. (That woman changes clothes every two seconds, I swear.) I ended up doing Great Saiyaman because Teenage Gohan is just ridiculous and amazing, but I really love his Piccolo outfit, because Mister Piccolo is amazing and I love how Gohan respects him so much.

But I'm also planning Goten for Sakuracon to go with my friend's Trunks, so I will literally have like, a closet full of DBZ costumes hahaha, I won't even know where to start!

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:11:35 pm »
Thanks guys for posting! It's awesome seeing other people interested in some Dragon Ball series cosplays!

Also, I was curious if anyone would be interested in a Dragon Ball PJ Panel? I know we got a lot of those PJ Panels, but my bf and I were thinking of putting one together with various games related to the series. ^^

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »

See, I had this problem this year, too. lol. I love Gohan myself, and I had to choose which outfit of not only his, but Bulma's I wanted to do. (That woman changes clothes every two seconds, I swear.) I ended up doing Great Saiyaman because Teenage Gohan is just ridiculous and amazing, but I really love his Piccolo outfit, because Mister Piccolo is amazing and I love how Gohan respects him so much.

But I'm also planning Goten for Sakuracon to go with my friend's Trunks, so I will literally have like, a closet full of DBZ costumes hahaha, I won't even know where to start!

Yea that's one of my main likes about him. And really ALL the series..The respect..They even respect the enemies..Which really, is a stupid idea, because that's just ASKING them to kill you when you turn around, but still, the fact that they are like that is really awesome and unique in any tv show/cartoon..But Gohan just has so much character development..More than any other character really (And I mean just in Z, not counting the other series')

I had a plan on the cloak if you don't have an idea already, if you'd like to hear..You can PM me to not clog the thread if you wanna know.

Thanks guys for posting! It's awesome seeing other people interested in some Dragon Ball series cosplays!

Also, I was curious if anyone would be interested in a Dragon Ball PJ Panel? I know we got a lot of those PJ Panels, but my bf and I were thinking of putting one together with various games related to the series. ^^
This sounds fun. Late night panel? That'd make sense..I think SSJ2 gohan in pjs would be funny lol

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 04:32:14 am »
I think a DBZ pajama party would be amazing!! I am totally up for that. I can bring my copy of Battle of Gods for us to watch, and we can just have a giant party and have fun. :3 for the pajama party I could be either Chichi or Bulma, depending. Chichi might be hella fun though. Who doesn't love the cranky wife of the main character lol.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »
I think a DBZ pajama party would be amazing!! I am totally up for that. I can bring my copy of Battle of Gods for us to watch, and we can just have a giant party and have fun. :3 for the pajama party I could be either Chichi or Bulma, depending. Chichi might be hella fun though. Who doesn't love the cranky wife of the main character lol.
You will totally need a goku to yell at (ok not YELL, but yea..we all know what I'm talking about........)
if you do, and I do Gohan, I'll let you lecture me about "my dyed hair" lol (damn remember THAT lol) MAn..I can ALMOST do his voice too..I need to keep practicing..I'm pretty good at the "sad Gohan" voice..Like..When he goes "D-dad? Oh no..DAD!! That kinda talking..I can do it almost perfect..But normal conversation not as much..

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »
You will totally need a goku to yell at (ok not YELL, but yea..we all know what I'm talking about........)
if you do, and I do Gohan, I'll let you lecture me about "my dyed hair" lol (damn remember THAT lol) MAn..I can ALMOST do his voice too..I need to keep practicing..I'm pretty good at the "sad Gohan" voice..Like..When he goes "D-dad? Oh no..DAD!! That kinda talking..I can do it almost perfect..But normal conversation not as much..

I am really liking this idea for a pajama party! It's always fun to do things like this, and I've never actually helped host one, so I would love to help any way I can. It would probably have to be a two hour event, yes? Since Battle of Gods is about an hour and fifteen minutes, and then we need derping around time and all that good stuff. I should look into cute Chinese style nightgowns then, if I'm going to be Chichi. That's the kind of thing she would wear, hahhaa. And I think you'd make an amazing Gohan, Jiemi! :3

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 02:33:44 pm »
Hmm..Maybe they could play it in a corner or something..Have "stations" with other games..Like maybe a board game table, the movie on with closed captions so if you can't hear it enough, you can read it, then maybe another table for cards, or something..That way we don't spend over half the time just watching a movie..

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »
I posted up a thread regarding the PJ Panel. ^^ Just a thread for planning, and updates about it.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 04:27:38 am »
This just in, I'm doing Bulma's mom/Dr. Brief's wife...if I can find a wig that will work.  x_x

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:00 am »
This just in, I'm doing Bulma's mom/Dr. Brief's wife...if I can find a wig that will work.  x_x

Holy crap..That is too awesome..

Offline Raedesu

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • My cosplay Page
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 10:38:49 pm »

OMG What's her name, Bunny? I think it's Bunny. But holy crap that's AMAZING. XD You'll match your boyfriend!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 10:46:27 pm »

OMG What's her name, Bunny? I think it's Bunny. But holy crap that's AMAZING. XD You'll match your boyfriend!
According to wiki, she has no name. They never say it. I think Dr. Briefs calls her that as a nickname though. It was said in an interview by Akira that he wanted to name her Panchy, as a word in place of Panties to keep the underwear theme.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 09:05:48 pm »

Thanks both of you.  ^_^  Now I have to try to keep my eyes closed during pictures.  Lol.  (Thinking about having a watering pot or a tea kettle with me.)

According to wiki, she has no name. They never say it. I think Dr. Briefs calls her that as a nickname though. It was said in an interview by Akira that he wanted to name her Panchy, as a word in place of Panties to keep the underwear theme.

That's correct.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 10:36:09 pm »

Thanks both of you.  ^_^  Now I have to try to keep my eyes closed during pictures.  Lol.  (Thinking about having a watering pot or a tea kettle with me.)

That's correct.

No even better than having your eyes closed....Make an eye mask that has those eyes....hahahaha Obviously I'm kidding, but how funny would that be..

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 01:13:48 am »

That's correct.

No even better than having your eyes closed....Make an eye mask that has those eyes....hahahaha Obviously I'm kidding, but how funny would that be..

I was going to say to beware what you suggest, I may actually do it and make it awesome but I can't think of a way to make an eye mask for her while making it awesome.  :P

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 09:51:02 am »

That's correct.

I was going to say to beware what you suggest, I may actually do it and make it awesome but I can't think of a way to make an eye mask for her while making it awesome.  :P
Hmm..I wonder how....That'd actually be kinda neat..I don't think there's any way other than something that makes it so you can't even see..Maybe if you made a whole mask that covers your face then put it up to your face for pictures and it had her normal expression on it:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120524231157/dragonball/images/8/84/Mrs.BriefS.png
But look what I found:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110831075308/dragonball/images/d/dd/Mrs.BriefEyesOpened.png

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »
Lol.  Yes, I'm aware that she opens her eyes once.  :P

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 07:10:05 pm »
Lol.  Yes, I'm aware that she opens her eyes once.  :P

lol I'm just surprised google even had that one lol It's so rare hahahaha
Anyway, My Gohan wig was a huge bust and waste of money..So far not one single wig from epiccosplay will spike for me. No matter what I use in it. Nothing short of superglue will hold those wigs up..My next stop is the Melinda from Arda. I've used it before so I know it'll work

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 10:23:04 am »
Of course.
I use that and hairspray. But epiccosplay makes their wigs ith this stuff on them that makes them harder to tangle (some extra slip coating that makes the tangles slip out easier), and for some stupid reason, they have it on the shorts wigs too..It makes it so the product doesn't hold the hair together correctly. I used the strongest hairspray I've ever seen (stronger than the got2b freeze blast) and it STILL didn't work.I had it on a wig head that was attached to a bottom of a surface to let gravity keep the hair spiked as well as a blow dryer so there was no way in the universe it shouldn't work. It still will not stay.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »
Lovely.   I have a feeling I will be facing similar issues soon with Bulma's mom.   (Going to try styling one first. )  On the plus side, I found someone to make one for me if I can't make it work.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 04:49:37 pm »
What kind of PJs would Bulma's mom wear?  *ponders*

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »
What kind of PJs would Bulma's mom wear?  *ponders*

Hmm..That's a really good question..Her style as it is, is already a certain style..I can't say for sure what decade that style is from, it seems kinda 80's in it's own right, but it's also quite 90's looking..So figuring out what you think of that might help you decide what she might sleep in..I honestly can't even picture it..

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 10:36:11 pm »
Honestly,  I'm thinking pino cotton pants and long sleeves. .. her hair just as fixed up as it always is since she appears to be a trophy wife.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:18 pm »
I have Mrs. Brief's wig!  Woo:  https://plus.google.com/photos/109302261682098900094/albums/6075120290618785745?authkey=COas3-38s5b3kwE

Now, keep in mind, I just tossed it on and wasn't trying to hide any of my hair or anything.  Heh.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »
So do we have any ideas on a day? I have Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts too..Kingdom Hearts ALWAYS takes priority on day 1. Every con. So I'm thinking this can be saturday or even sunday..I wouldn't be apposed to monday either though..A lot of y family isn't aware of my crossplay stuff so I need to wear a male character monday, and Gohan is one I can do that day if that happens.

Anyway, I will need to schedule the Pokemon shoot around this..So whatever this is on, will determine what day I host the Pokemon one. However if the Pokemon one happens to be scheduled before this one gets figured out, I'll come back in and let you guys know.

Either way I'm still gonna bring Gohan to the PJ panel. So a question..What do you guys think would look good as Gohan PJs? I was thinking a shirt with the 4star ball on it, but no idea on pants..I don't know what dbz pj pants are available, but yea..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:08 pm »
I MIGHT have an idea for SSJ1 Gohan hair..I'll try it out first, and if it works great, if not, I got a bunch of money coming my way so no big whoop lol

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:05 pm »
Starting gohan next week. I'll be going to Joann's monday (next day off)
Wish me luck!!

Update:
Bought my fabric to make the outfit, belt and arm bands. Currently awaiting help on how to do the shoes.

Also, elaborating on my question above ov day is DBZ stuff is happening..Is it possible to shoot for friday? For both the shoot and the PJ panel (If that's even still gonna be a thing)?
Monday is the ONLY other day I have where I'm not full up..

Update 2:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3549845/
My Gohan progress so far.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:33:01 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 12:33:51 am »
Checking in for photoshoot, time(s), day(s), location(s) and etc.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:06 pm »
Sunday and Monday are both good days for me..I think sunday would be best becasue there will still be people around. And the PJ panel could be really any day since it's at night and most people would change anyway. So I'm good with any day they choose to accept the panel, and good for sunday or monday for doing the shoot.

Any thoughts on this?

I have too much to worry about friday and saturday so..

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »
So far, your square shoot is the only one I really have planned so that should be alright for me.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »
So far, your square shoot is the only one I really have planned so that should be alright for me.
How's Monday then? I'm trying to get my Hyperdimension (And other NIS America/Idea Factory/Compile Heart game cosplay) shoot for a day I can actually wear it..Unless someone wants to run the later Square stuff. i only see myself doing the KH shoot. That Sora cosplay is going to crap so I can't wear it much anymore. Plus I need a reason to make his KH3 otfit, so i think if I hold KH in the morning friday, and the Multi-Game shoot later friday, then I can do Pokemon, RWBY and Nintendo on Saturday, and monday is a kick back day and everyone's leaving so that leaves sunday..

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 02:11:31 am »
Monday is fine.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 11:00:37 am »
Really? I figured people would be leaving..I'm going Gohan monday anyway but do you think sunday would be better for the shoot? I think so becasue a lot of people leave early on monday (I leave usually around 2 or 3), so that'd be a possibility of less people showing up.

Edit:
It looks like the best day for one of my other shoots is also Sunday. I'm thinking I can hold that one and attend this as well. I'm thinking one in the morning/afternoon, and the other in the evening. Does that seem doable? If possible, this one being the earlier of the 2 would be better. Gohan takes a LOT less time to put on than the one for my other shoot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:19:32 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 05:29:51 pm »
You're the one that mentioned Monday unless I misunderstood and actually, it sounds like Sunday might work better now for this one.  So, how about Sunday?  Unless Monday is preferred?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 08:43:51 pm »
I'll be bringing DB-version Ox King, and I vote for Sunday, but Monday could work too if it was earlier in the day. I tend to not cosplay on the last day past 11:00am (since I have to check out of the hotel and pack everything up).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 09:00:51 pm »
Hell..What about BOTH days? I'll be wearing Gohan monday anyway..It doesn't matter. I think the MAIN shoot could be Sunday then monday we can all just hang out as DBZ people. That honestly sounds like it's be a sinch to have happen.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 01:35:51 am »
If I didn't have 5 successful cosplays this year, I would totally be up for that but sadly I'm limited to one day per cosplay.   (Might have reconsidered if I had a room.)  So, Sunday it is.   

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 11:27:36 am »
Mmk, sunday is good then. I'm more saying Sunday would be the shoot, then whoever happens to be in DBZ cosplays monday if they wanna find me and hang out, then that'd be awesome.

What time are you thinking for Sunday? I have this, and the NIS America thing Sunday.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 06:26:41 pm »
Makes sense.   My answer is always, the later, the better.   :p

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 07:07:54 pm »
Yea I know lol. Also, I think the evening would look nicer for DBZ shots. Also, I wanted to wear my Hyperdimension Neptunia cosplay (for the NIS America shoot) when I get my stuff signed by Christine because she voices my character. And those usually happen during the daytime. So having DBZ after that would be better for me.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2015, 01:28:36 am »
I agree that evening would work well with a DB(Z) shoot.  I love cosplaying characters that work for the guest for that reason.  It was great getting a picture with Chuck Huber last year when I was Android 18.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:58 am »
Oh man..Chuck Huber..on Sunday I drew a picture of Garlic Jr. and went to go see him and he had JUST left the table for the day. Then I went back Monday with my friend and he signed the drawing for me and chatted with us for like an hour. He said he REALLY wants to put an Android 17 cosplay together and run around one of the cons, like he does as Stein.

Edit:
Got something neat finished today.
My Gohan wig:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3560947/

Can't wait to finish the cosplay all the way

EDIT:
Actually..Almost done haha I couldn't find the cosplay because I forgot where I put it..But I found it..I feel dumb..The ONE box in my room where I'm like "Naw I know it ain't in there."....Yea..It was in there..lol
Anyway I took a pic today (before I shaved so I covered the face a little). All I need to do is make the shoes and distress the outfit becasue it's gonna be a "mid-battle" version.
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Gohan-WIP-548021677
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:01:19 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »