Author Topic: Dragon Ball Series 2015  (Read 23303 times)

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
Re: Dragon Ball Series 2015
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2015, 11:25:32 am »
Oh man..Chuck Huber..on Sunday I drew a picture of Garlic Jr. and went to go see him and he had JUST left the table for the day. Then I went back Monday with my friend and he signed the drawing for me and chatted with us for like an hour. He said he REALLY wants to put an Android 17 cosplay together and run around one of the cons, like he does as Stein.

Edit:
Got something neat finished today.
My Gohan wig:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3560947/

Can't wait to finish the cosplay all the way

EDIT:
Actually..Almost done haha I couldn't find the cosplay because I forgot where I put it..But I found it..I feel dumb..The ONE box in my room where I'm like "Naw I know it ain't in there."....Yea..It was in there..lol
Anyway I took a pic today (before I shaved so I covered the face a little). All I need to do is make the shoes and distress the outfit becasue it's gonna be a "mid-battle" version.
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Gohan-WIP-548021677

That's awesome! 

So, did we decide on a time?  <.< >.>  Random time, time!  5 pm?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2015, 12:53:24 pm »
Oh man..Chuck Huber..on Sunday I drew a picture of Garlic Jr. and went to go see him and he had JUST left the table for the day. Then I went back Monday with my friend and he signed the drawing for me and chatted with us for like an hour. He said he REALLY wants to put an Android 17 cosplay together and run around one of the cons, like he does as Stein.

Edit:
Got something neat finished today.
My Gohan wig:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3560947/

Can't wait to finish the cosplay all the way

EDIT:
Actually..Almost done haha I couldn't find the cosplay because I forgot where I put it..But I found it..I feel dumb..The ONE box in my room where I'm like "Naw I know it ain't in there."....Yea..It was in there..lol
Anyway I took a pic today (before I shaved so I covered the face a little). All I need to do is make the shoes and distress the outfit becasue it's gonna be a "mid-battle" version.
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Gohan-WIP-548021677

That's awesome! 

So, did we decide on a time?  <.< >.>  Random time, time!  5 pm?

Thank you very much. I did not foresee this wig actually looking good. I was like "No..There isn't a wig in existence that's stand along (without added wefts) that will look good as SSJ1 Gohan..Not possible!!" then I did this with a stand alone wig....lol Proved myself wrong REAL fast lol

Anyway 5pm works for me..I see no problems..
I highly doubt anyone else does either..I mean we DID say evening in previous posts and no one has opposed to it yet. I think we should tell the photoshoot thread just so it's there before someone else does.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2015, 05:16:25 pm »
Sunday evening sounds perfect to me. I haven't had a late-afternoon/evening shoot in...probably ever, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2015, 09:02:28 pm »

Thank you very much. I did not foresee this wig actually looking good. I was like "No..There isn't a wig in existence that's stand along (without added wefts) that will look good as SSJ1 Gohan..Not possible!!" then I did this with a stand alone wig....lol Proved myself wrong REAL fast lol

My Schala wig is kind going along with that too.  I really hate doing high up ponytail wigs because they never sit right but I think this time I got it right.  I'm going to be trimming it tomorrow or the day after so we'll see.  My hair is fine so everything slips and bobby-pins don't even hold.

Sunday evening sounds perfect to me. I haven't had a late-afternoon/evening shoot in...probably ever, haha.

You just need to follow me around.  I always request later shoots.  :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:11:20 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 10:25:34 pm »

Lol it won't feel like evening..It won't be getting dark or nothin yet. Heck, at Sakuracon we had the Vocaloid shoot at 6pm, and that's early spring, and it was still daylight out. Imagine the end of summer? Even more daylight out. Evening is a good time for a lot of shoots becasue the lighting is just right.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2015, 10:31:58 pm »
Hey everybody, can I ask for some opinions?
What do you guys think would look better:
-Mid battle Gohan (As in, like in the middle of the Cell battle, since that's the only time you see in SSJ1 in the Piccolo outfit)
-Pre-fight, wearing the Piccolo cloak

There are good and bad on both, like that I almost never see any good cloak Gohan cosplays (and none up here at the cons I attend), but also that the make up used to make me look like I've been fighting has the possibility of running becasue I sweat a lot (not just in super heat, but even in winter I get overheated). Idk..I know I can do both, but if I do the cloaked version I'll have to not distress the cosplay so I wanna know what you guys think before I distress it.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 01:47:26 am »
I like battle damage cosplays.  <.< >.>  (I actually rolled around in dirt for my Android 18.  Lol.)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:12 am »
I think battle damage adds a really cool degree of realism and individuality to cosplays, but you should definitely make your comfort/functionality the top priority.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:38:50 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 11:22:02 am »
Hmm..Looks like battle version it is haha
After putting up this message I got a reply to a thread on cosplay.com about how I would even go about it, and it honestly doesn't use as much makeup or skill as I thought. It's the blood that'll be a little hard. But I won't have to worry about running because they said using mascara to make the look of "after a DBZ guy get's punched in the face", gives you a really nice look. And since they make waterproof mascara, I can just use that and not have to worry about running.

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:49 pm »
my buddy and i are gonna be saiyan saga vegeta and nappa. :D probably won't make it to the sunday shoot, but i'd love to see everyone on monday!!
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2015, 09:16:43 pm »
my buddy and i are gonna be saiyan saga vegeta and nappa. :D probably won't make it to the sunday shoot, but i'd love to see everyone on monday!!

Then feel free to find me monday. I'd love to hang out. I won't be leaving until late because my ride is in the artist alley so I'll be there a while

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:33 am »
Ox King will likely be my only cosplay, so I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point throughout the weekend.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 10:04:05 am »
So you'll be my grandpa. lol
Now we need a Goku and Chi Chi ^_^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 10:46:18 am »
Yup! haha, I've been trying to convince my wife to cosplay Chi-Chi, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen, lol.

Which is probably for the best, because couples cosplaying as parent-child is neeeeeever a good idea.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:47:04 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 02:17:10 pm »
That reminds me, my boyfriend is s going to be Zabuza and I'm going to Haku from Naruto.  <. < >.>

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:35 pm »
Well, I'm assuming the DBZ Panel isn't gonna happen..No one has posted there in quite some time..I was the last 2 posts until today when I made my 3rd post in a row..Just seing if anyone knew anything about that here..

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »
I might be able to bring ss1 Buu Saga/GT goku with me. (blue gi)
Though my Trunks jacket and wig are still on standby. My yellow boots never last though. ;D
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2015, 04:00:16 am »
Well, I'm assuming the DBZ Panel isn't gonna happen..No one has posted there in quite some time..I was the last 2 posts until today when I made my 3rd post in a row..Just seing if anyone knew anything about that here..

Didn't see one on the schedule. 

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2015, 04:46:21 am »
So, Sunday at 5 pm but where?  Still need to post on the official photoshoot thread.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2015, 07:41:11 pm »
Yea that's because the person who started the thread on it never got back on afterwards..I hate that..

And clock tower work? We can move from there if needed.
I don't know the area well enough to pick anywhere else..There's a small gazebo when you walk to the park from the hilton, it's a little back about midway and to the left..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:42:24 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:56 am »
Good enough for me.  I've submitted the information to the official photoshoot thread.  There's a group at 6 pm but as you mentioned,  we can always move after we meet if necessary.   Otherwise,  I see no conflicts on the official photoshoot thread.   I'll spread the word.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2015, 10:27:27 am »
Good enough for me.  I've submitted the information to the official photoshoot thread.  There's a group at 6 pm but as you mentioned,  we can always move after we meet if necessary.   Otherwise,  I see no conflicts on the official photoshoot thread.   I'll spread the word.

Well if we are at 5 then it won't matter if there's another group there at 6..Photoshoots usually only last a good 30min-1hour. So we'd likely be done before then. Anyway if we meet at teh clock tower, we can all take pics there, maybe for a half an hour, then move to the gazeo for the other half. That will make the shoot last longer too, because too locations means basically starting the entire shoot OVER in a new location, so all the group pictures are all being taken all over again with a new area. And by the time we moved, that should be more than enough time for everyone that's showing up, to actually show up.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2015, 06:30:42 pm »
Pretty much my thought as well.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2015, 10:44:23 pm »
Just changed my forum avatar.
Here's a bigger version..I was freaking bored....

I used the app "Saiyan Camera"..It sucks, but it works