Author Topic: Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Operations  (Read 3405 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Operations
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:23:12 am »
This thread is for questions and answers for the candidates for the 2015 Director of Operations.

Please remember the following when participating in the Q&A threads. The normal forum code of conduct applies, except:

There is a partial exemption to the rule that forum discussion cannot be about a person. You may incorporate personal comments, including praise or criticism, into your election questions and answers, and ensuing discussion, but only regarding candidates who are running for a position, or about another person if it is directly entangled with an issue germane to the outcome of the election. In so doing, you must still exercise standard courtesy, and refrain from profanity, disruption of the discussion, excessive vitriol, and irrelevant comments. Please keep in mind that there will be an opportunity for spoken comments at the elections meeting.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Re: Candidate Q&A - 2015 Director of Operations
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:50 am »
I really don't want to sound like a broken record and post this in every Q&A thread, so I'll just post this here once.  ;D

I would really appreciate it if all candidates for a position posted a resume for the given position and maybe a more general introductory statement about themselves and the position they're running for. Hopefully this will also help others make an educated decision on the best candidate for a position.

I'm starting to wonder if candidates didn't see the question because it's not in their respective threads.  So I'll be the broken record.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Kerensky18

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:11:43 pm »
Hello, (name added. I must have trimmed it while posting)

My name is Jason Pollard and I'm glad to be considered for the role of Director of Operations. In addition to my resume below I have been involved with Yojiimbo since 2012 when I was asked to attend as an observer and then promoted to Assistant Director of Operations in 2013 and continued in 2014. My goal was to provide better leadership and guidance while still maintaining Kumoricon's culture and history. We have been successful this past con in implementing a schedule, better interaction with Dispatch, and better reporting on incidents. I hope to continue to have the ability to make improvements that will allow us to function and succeed in a convention center environment as the convention expands.

If anyone has additional questions please don't hesitate to ask and I look forward to elections next weekend.

SUMMARY OF SKILLS:

Managing People and Projects:

• Effectively managed employees within budget and overtime constraints.

• Successfully coached and mentored employees for promotions within the company.

Analytical Skills:

• Researched, estimated, & secured budget to improve operations and reduce property liability.

• Improved overall performance of a team by analyzing data over a three month period which I presented to project managers.

• Determined annual costs and initiated plan that saved 3% of gross security operating budget for a 42 high-rise each year.

Effective Communication:

• Provided technical information to senior management, as well as operational information to process operators and floor managers.

• Implemented safety and training related information to senior staff, peers, and subordinates.

EXPERIENCE:

Aerotek, Bellevue, WA 2010-Present

Data Analyst and Quality Control at Amazon - Aerotek Engineering 10/2012 - Present

• Increased team performance by leveraging macros and Visual Basic to reduce data entry time by 10 hours of weekly program labor

• Communicated performance expectations to the client, client roadblocks and issues to Amazon stakeholders, and my findings of which customers should be targeted to the team

• Created a new email campaign that improved Seller Compliance in key areas by 25%-30%

• Designed Excel sheets utilizing vlookup and SQL to meet new business challenges

Visual Data Engineer/Project Coordinator at Google - Aerotek Engineering 10/2010-10/2012

• Labeled and maintained quality control processes of multiple stages using proprietary tools

• Assisted project managers with developing new QC processes

• Responsible for verification of QC processes

• Created training documentation for process improvements for team work flow using PowerPoint and an online wiki

Sakuracon, Seattle, WA 2002-Present

Sakuracon Attendee Services Manager

• Hired, trained, and support staff that provided security to a 20,000-attendee convention spanning three days

• Implemented the first electronic database and computer system for tracking security documentation

• Awarded Outstanding Manager award in years 2011-2014

• Successfully re-wrote and implemented operating procedures

Star Protection Agency, Seattle, WA 2007-2010

Security Director & IT Support

• Provided a high-profile presence in a 42-story office building, monitoring the facility to prevent loss and ensure the full protection of occupants

• Successfully implemented and maintained new procedures for DSX access control system, including system administration

• Started a new report for each tenant on a monthly basis to verify building access and current employment.

• Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training of new officers

EDUCATION:

Everett Community College, Everett, WA 2008
Certificate of Database Management
4.0 GPA and Presidents List
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:27:00 pm by Kerensky18 »

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:39:12 pm »
For the benefit of people who don't frequent the forums, I would super appreciate if folks would put their name as it will appear on the ballot in their introductory post.  Thanks!
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline benjamin.riker@oit.edu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:13:11 pm »
Hello my name is Ben Riker,

At this time I am withdrawing from the race for director of operations after the change to the proposed bylaws amendment. I wish the other candidates luck and perseverance.
yes. i do know the squareroot of pie by heart... and pie minus the squareroot of pie...
yojimbo