Author Topic: "Props: Keeping the price down!" Panel 2015  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
"Props: Keeping the price down!" Panel 2015
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:10:57 pm »
Delete this waste of my time thread. I'm the bad guy because I misread a question and because people can't read what I wrote, that means I'm satan. So screw it. None of you deserve a panel of helpful information. Screw you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:31:00 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:20:14 pm »
Yes, I would like to see a panel like this.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: "Props On The Cheap" Panel 2015
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 08:54:34 pm »
Awesome!!

So update, so far we have for sure for props to bring and display as examples:
-Kingdom Key Keyblade
-Mirai Kuriyama Blood Sword
-Cloud Strife Buster Sword
-Nepgear Sword

We might have more. These are a variety of different methods of things I have made. My one friend will be helping me run the panel and I will basically be telling her everything she needs to know that she already doesn't to help answer questions. My other friend (who some of you may have seen this year as Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts) will be our display person. He will walk around the room and show close up, the detail of each piece. Basically he will walk around the walkways so everyone can more easily see the props. He will do this with each one as we talk about that specific method.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 02:58:55 pm »
Any more interest in this?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:28:04 am »
You could think renaming the panel to match with a 'How To' sort, and instead of cheap (which sounds like it could look bad) try 'affordable'. Just a suggestion for how to hook attendees at-con to come and see.

I'd personally be interested in seeing what you can make and do with a box cutter and/or scissors and various types of glue, with no need for machinery like: dremel, saws, things that are toxic and require gas-masks.
Not everyone lives in a place that has a garage or a dry area to work in, or to let things set, or get messy.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:48:56 pm »
Ah maybe "Props: Keeping the price down!" That sounds good I think..It lets people know that I'm showing them how to make props, but saving money at the same time..I'm gonna ask for a change of title then. Thank you. i didn't realize that..

And that's pretty much the whole point. Showing what you can do with a box cutter, scissors and glues. But using them on things you can get for really low prices, like cardboard you can find for free at the post office..And no machinery is also the point. I use ZEO machinery in all my props because I have no idea how to use them lol I will talk for a minute or so on toxic stuff, but only resin coating I did on some things, and paints..Nothing real bad..Come to think of it, being outside, I didn't need a mask for ANYTHING I did.But nothing I talk about requires that stuff. They are always extras. They can be donet he same way without using the toxic things and still look the same.

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
Re: "Props: Keeping the price down!" Panel 2015
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 07:21:07 am »
Are you going to be doing anything but swords? And do you have completed photos of the examples of the props you plan on showing at the convention we could see now?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 07:46:52 pm »
No on the first, yes on the second..
I have made more than just swords and will show them. I was just going off the top of my head on that first post. I have made scythes, staves, wands and guns.

Here's my galleries-
SwordsI only have the Ultima Keyblade, Stocking Sword, Mirai sword, Kirito Great Iron Black Sword, and Cloud's sword):
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/45087114/Swords
Guns (I don't have them anymore, one was a commissions, and the other I sold= a long time ago):
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/45087119/Guns
Accessories I only have 3 of these because the rest are sold and commissions)":
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/45087120/Accessories
Armor (one was a commission the other was sold a long time ago):
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/45087131/Armor
Spear (Only one so far:
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/45571095/Spears-and-Lances
Other bladed items (there's a commission for 2 daggers from .Hack and Rikku daggers, then Black Star's Kusarigama that I'll have there):
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/46110759/Other-Bladed-Weapons
Scythes (At the time of upload, there will only be one of the 2 I have, I will upload the other one when I can):
And the Staff I made for my OC (I also have another staff but no picture of it, it's my friends):
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/gallery/52459924/Staves

So yea..All of these are made on low budgets. I commission for people with lower than normal budgets becasue I know what it's like, so I help those that can't afford the higher up ones becasue it's less of a job for me becasue this doesn't pay my bills..This buys me other cosplay stuff so it's not a big deal.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 10:14:02 pm »
What about things other then swords? I personally am interested in making more intense things like Guns.
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 10:17:17 pm »
What about things other then swords? I personally am interested in making more intense things like Guns.
That's how i feel. A lot of the cosplays I'm interested in making are guns since it's so hard to find a good tutorial on them.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »
Did neither of you not see the post literally RIGHT ABOVE yours? There's literally six OTHER links that are not swords..Please read the thread before assuming things..

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:05 pm »
Did neither of you not see the post literally RIGHT ABOVE yours? There's literally six OTHER links that are not swords..Please read the thread before assuming things..

Uh, maybe YOU should read what what was asked in the first place and what YOU answered. I asked if there would be any guns and their techniques involved at your. I don't care about if there were guns in the link if you aren't going to be talking about them at the panel. And for someone who wants people to come to you panel, you are sure awfully rude and it really doesn't make me interested in going if you are going to berate people for asking questions.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 12:02:31 am »

Uh, maybe YOU should read what what was asked in the first place and what YOU answered. I asked if there would be any guns and their techniques involved at your. I don't care about if there were guns in the link if you aren't going to be talking about them at the panel. And for someone who wants people to come to you panel, you are sure awfully rude and it really doesn't make me interested in going if you are going to berate people for asking questions.

What are you talking about? The whole point of the links is because I'm talking about all the different weapons you can make and all the different ways you can make them. I was showing what I know how to make so you know what I'm covering. So I'm not being rude. You aren't understanding. If you don't understand that I said I'm covering different kinds of props, that's not my problem. The first post was just stuff I had at the time to post. I'm sorry that you didn't understand that the point of that post above with the links is to show that I am covering that stuff as well, but that I may not have them on hand..but you not getting it is no reason to be rude back. I sounded rude because you asked a question that I thought you would get the answer to by reading what I posted. But if you don't, then I don't know how to help you understand.

This better?:
I am covering the things in the links.
If that doesn't help, then I don't know what to say to you.

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »
Wow. Thanks for making me sound like I'm an idiot. The point of asking questions is for clarification and that's all I wanted. Not to be be littled because I did not understand something. And if I am rude for calling you out on your lack of common curtsy, then I am sorry, but the way you choose to handle situations is inappropriate and I'm sure it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in people to know the person running a How-to panel is not patient or understanding when it comes to questions.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »
Wow...this is not a good first impression at all.

I clicked into this thread because I was thinking "Huh, maybe I could use some more information on prop building" but I don't think I'm interested anymore. When it comes to learning styles there are as many types as there are people, and the fact that the panel runner became so openly disrespectful and aggressive over something as simple as someone seeking clarification is embarrassing. People came in here intrigued and trying to engage and were treated like idiots without common sense, which for someone running a How-To panel is...ehh....bad. If this is how people are treated online for asking what you perceive to be obvious questions then I don't see a lot of hope for the panel being relaxed and comfortable. Oh well.

Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »
Delete this thread there's no talking to anyone on this planet anymore
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:29:34 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook