Author Topic: Hotels for 2015?  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Jon Snow

• Oni
    • Twitter
Hotels for 2015?
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »
I called the Red Lion to make my reservations for next year, 2015, just like I did last year, but they said that they couldn't make reservations that far out, and that Kumoricon was going through a 3rd party, something called "Pass Key" to book the rooms at the discounted rates.
Anyone know what the deal with that is? Who do I talk to to make reservations? When is the soonest I can do that?

P.S. I noticed a similar question already posted but the title was vague and I didn't think it would get proper attention.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Hotels for 2015?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:33:14 pm »
The rooms are not available to book until late spring at the earliest. Maybe you were able to book immediately after Kumoricon before, but in my experience, the con block has never been established earlier than a few months before Kumoricon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:33:59 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:43:12 pm »
The earliest I got set up for Kcon is putting my form in for the badge in December and booking my rom sometime around January or February, maybe you can try then?
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline marissaofunderground

• Cabbit
    • The Peculiar Pink Pixie
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:44 pm »
I'd really like to know when the rooms are available so I can book. I know rooms book out faster than SDCC tickets.

I think I'm going to need help from somebody experienced on this.
Kumoricon 2015 cosplays:
Day 1-2: Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)
Day 2-3: Vivi (Mystery Skulls Animated - Ghost)
Day 4: Undecided

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:06:29 pm »
The best thing you can do is keep an eye here on the forums, and follow the Kumoricon facebook page for announcements.

There's nothing we can do until Kumoricon announces the booking availability, and this usually doesn't happen until early spring. All we can do is wait. There's really nothing else that can be done about it, unfortunately.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Jon Snow

• Oni
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 08:41:29 am »
Hm. . . okay, thanks guys. I don't think I've bothered trying to get k-con rates before, instead just booking the hotel for myself, so I did it earlier than most folks, apparently.