Author Topic: Requirements for hosting a panel?  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Penguin4478

• Cabbit
Requirements for hosting a panel?
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »
So after going to quite a few panels this year, I figured it would be really interesting and fun to have my own. I'm thinking of having a panel that has something to do with video game music since I'm aiming for a college with a game music composition program because I want to compose game music as a career.

What are the requirements for hosting your own panel, and how do I get started?
2013 Smash Bros. Brawl Champion
2014 League of Legends Top 4 Team
2015 League of Legends 3rd Place Team

Offline Yanagiba

• Cabbit
Re: Requirements for hosting a panel?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »
There aren't necessarily requirements for being able to host a panel. All you would need to do is sign up for a panel when the submission form goes up.

Since con just ended, there are no dates set in stone for any of this yet, but the form traditionally goes up around January and goes through the beginning of June, with notification as to whether your panel was accepted or declined being sent late June to early July.

If you have any questions regarding panels, you can always email the Panels Staff at panels@kumoricon.org for more info as well. We're also looking to get an updated guide or FAQ about submitting and hosting panels at Kumoricon for the 2015 year, which would be up around the time sign ups start.
2011-2016  Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2010  Live Events Manager
2007  Assistant Tech Manager
2006  Programming Grunt
2005  Volunteer (practically staff)