Author Topic: Kumoricon 2014 Photo Thread  (Read 13294 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Kumoricon 2014 Photo Thread
« on: September 02, 2014, 05:36:27 am »
Did you take pictures this year? This is the place where all the various albums will be cataloged and linked for convenience. So, if you have an album somewhere, please feel free to post a link below and I'll keep updating this top post, adding links to all your beautiful photos!

Friendly reminder: If your album is on Facebook, please remember to make the album PUBLIC. You can do this by going to the album, and clicking on the symbol under the album title (usually either a globe or person-shape) and selecting PUBLIC from the drop-down menu.

Kumoricon Photo Albums:
AceLogan - Misc. Pics
acton
Alderis Spindleheart
Allison Joy Carter
alxreaper
animefan209
Arlene Penrose
Ayla Osborne
BlackjackGabbiani - Misc. Pics, Pokemon Manga Panel Slides
Bronwyn Akimseu-Arnold
Casey Crespin
Clarissa Addington
Collaborative Exposure (Facebook, tumblr)
DarkInuFan - Misc. Pics, Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragon Shoot, (Day 1) Hetalia Shoot
Derick White
Destiny Freiberg
Eclipse - Misc. Pics, RWBY Shoot
Etakeh
EveofAbyss
hawk222
Jared Mitchell - Day 1, Day 2, Marvel/DC Shoot
Kaylee McElroy
Koi Nova - Misc. Pics, Dangan Ronpa/Kagerou PG Shoots
Lana Redlich
Lexi Isabella Weare
Lifted Geek
Loltmann
LovelyAngel
Lynziemonster
MadMoai - Misc. Pics, Attack on Titan Shoot, D.Gray-man Shoot, Vocaloid Shoot
meb9000
Mr. Fox0707
Nichole Elora
princess_of_zeal - Day 1 (Google, Facebook); Day 2 (Google, Facebook (Naruto Shoot, Whose Line Panel, Misc. Pics)); Day 3 (Google, Facebook (DBZ Shoot, Misc. Pics)); Day 4 (Google, Facebook)
Reppy
Seafoam Photography
Summer Brink
Tim Liu
Tomecko
traxicat
TysonNW - Misc. Pics, GIFs (Gravity Falls, GIF Dump 1, GIF Dump 2, GIF Dump 3)
Valkyrie542
veraca (Facebook, deviantArt)
Zandre Ireland
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:52:16 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
Re: Kumoricon 2014 Photo Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:07 am »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline AceLogan

• Cabbit
    • My Photography Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:32:34 am »
Here is mine: RickHamell.com

I still have a couple of shoots to process, but those are the "just walking around and taking pictures," ones I got. I'm also doing a couple of followup shoots from Con-goeres who didn't get pictures of their Cosplays, and will post them when I'm done also!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:44 am »
Okay, here are my photos! This is my first time posting con photos to Facebook, so hopefully I did it right.
I took a whole lot of photos this year so I sorted them so nobody would have to go digging through them ;o;

-General walking around photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753889137990292.1073741831.100001076371506&type=1&l=cc5de977dc
-Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753892687989937.1073741832.100001076371506&type=1&l=d4997323d3
-D.Gray-man photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753896031322936.1073741833.100001076371506&type=1&l=1f8fcb6f8a
-Vocaloid photoshoot: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753903397988866.1073741834.100001076371506&type=1&l=4a507a439c
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline Eclipse

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:17:00 pm »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:35:10 pm »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:33:10 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 07:37:02 pm »
As always, I have a small set of eclectic, candid photos (because I hate taking posed/staged photos that all look alike). This year’s photos are at: http://lovelyangel.zenfolio.com/kumoricon2014

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
As always, I have a small set of eclectic, candid photos (because I hate taking posed/staged photos that all look alike). This year’s photos are at: http://lovelyangel.zenfolio.com/kumoricon2014
As much as you don't like it, it's very rude to take pictures of ANYONE without their permission. This post does not make it sound like you were the con photographer, so you were just an attendee that decided to not ask anyone for their picture. A lot of people do not like that and would not be happy to know you did so..I know a lot of people that got mad at a lot of others for not asking for pictures.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:23:16 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Hillopurkki

• Cabbit
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »
I took pictures, but I have yet to upload...

Terve, Maria, armoitettu,  Herra sinun kanssasi.
I literally can only remember the Hail Mary in Finnish, nothing else hahaha.

Offline Etakeh

• Cabbit
    • Etakeh Oh!
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 09:26:52 pm »
We got a few pictures, mostly of our group but a few other random ones. 
https://plus.google.com/photos/111576343421466898659/albums/6054691642487885249?authkey=CPjM5O_fvcSuhgE
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:27:49 pm by Etakeh »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 10:22:39 pm »

People can argue over the ethics of it, but your pictures are gorgeous and I'm glad you chose to take candid crowd shots like these, because they really do capture the spirit and energy of Kumoricon more powerfully than any straight-on individual shots ever could.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 10:44:12 pm »

People can argue over the ethics of it, but your pictures are gorgeous and I'm glad you chose to take candid crowd shots like these, because they really do capture the spirit and energy of Kumoricon more powerfully than any straight-on individual shots ever could.

I agree with EveofAbyss.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:02:29 pm »
Candids have NEVER been banned, and in fact the con rules put the onus of responsibility on the SUBJECT to state that they don't want to be photographed. The fact that candids have been accepted for all these years and now suddenly get attacked with NO subjects stating such is just plain bizarre. I had a staffer tell me that she'd put a slash on my badge if she caught me taking any more, and an ops person told me this was a bunch of hooey, and confirmed what the rules said.
I don't know what got into people this year, but photographers have done literally what they've done every single year and it was never an issue before.

Anyway, PHOTOS AS BIG AS YOUR LIFE! 1400+ PIX FROM ALL DAYS
http://s208.photobucket.com/user/blackjackrocket/library/Kumoricon%202014?sort=2&page=1

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:18 am »
Here's my contribution! 266 photos from the first 3 days including the Kingdom Hearts panel, Avatar/Korra photoshoot, and Durarara!! photoshoot. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204934754347454.1073741837.1198595002&type=1&l=1b3419994d

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 07:26:33 am »
Candids have NEVER been banned, and in fact the con rules put the onus of responsibility on the SUBJECT to state that they don't want to be photographed.

Mostly accurate, but it's worth noting that it is not solely on the subject. Con policy also puts the burden on the photographer to be reasonable, and allows a person to indicate they don't want to be photographed by attempting to leave.

Opinion: At some point, I personally think it might be good (for the sake of rules lawyers) to amend policy to indicate that non-verbal cues should be respected as well - i.e. holding up their hands, turning away, etc. Or perhaps just amend it to a restatement of the Wil Wheaton rule.

Disclaimer: I'm not specifically asserting that either policy or common sense was not followed, just noting for the record what policy says.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 10:02:18 am »
Which is still the responsibility of the subject to display such a cue. Obviously creep shots and those of inappropiate situations such as crying or so on are on the photographer, but a simple candid of normal circumstances can't really be lumped together with those.

And as I said, none of the subjects objected. Only staff.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »
Candids have NEVER been banned, and in fact the con rules put the onus of responsibility on the SUBJECT to state that they don't want to be photographed. The fact that candids have been accepted for all these years and now suddenly get attacked with NO subjects stating such is just plain bizarre. I had a staffer tell me that she'd put a slash on my badge if she caught me taking any more, and an ops person told me this was a bunch of hooey, and confirmed what the rules said.
I don't know what got into people this year, but photographers have done literally what they've done every single year and it was never an issue before.

Anyway, PHOTOS AS BIG AS YOUR LIFE! 1400+ PIX FROM ALL DAYS
http://s208.photobucket.com/user/blackjackrocket/library/Kumoricon%202014?sort=2&page=1

Wow guys..Really? I'm a bad guy for being the one to actually speak up when the others wont? I heard so many freaking people talk about how they were mad that other people were taking pics without asking..Literally every single person I met hated it and had something to say about, or to, someone doing that..So I know people do not like it, they just don't want to speak up..Maybe they are afraid to, but that doesn't make it ok to do..And you should get a slash on your badge for doing it. The whole rule of stating to not be photographed means goes out the window if they don't even know you did it in the first place..You aren't giving them the OPTION to decline it. And I know a lot of people go "It's a con, you know your pic will be taken" or "in the rules it says be aware that your pic will be taken and may be used by us without permission" which neither of them are talking about candid photos by regular attendees. If you are not the hired staff con photographer, then that rule is not talking about YOU..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »
Which is still the responsibility of the subject to display such a cue. Obviously creep shots and those of inappropiate situations such as crying or so on are on the photographer, but a simple candid of normal circumstances can't really be lumped together with those.

And as I said, none of the subjects objected. Only staff.
Do you not understand? If you do not tell the subject you want a picture, they are not able to refuse it..They can not say, or gesture to not have their pic taken if they don't even know you are taking it..What part of this are you not getting?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »
You need to not be so quick to jump down people's throats, Jeimi. Try to calm down, please.

It is a valid issue, for sure, but this particular instance (LovelyAngel's photos) is not all that applicable. It seems, by looking at LovelyAngel's photos, that LA is the kind of photographer to discern the difference between an intrusive and non-intrusive photo opportunity. The photos shared are positive and present each subject in a very beautiful light. I'm not pretending people can't get upset by unprompted photos, but I think this particular instance is not indicative of the problem you pointed out.

Perhaps it'd be best to start a new thread if you would like to debate the issue further. Let's just try to keep this thread focused on sharing photo collections, yeah? ^_^
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:22:46 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DarkInuFan

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:29 pm »
General Kumoricon 2014 Pics
Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragon Pics
Hetalia (day one) pics
If anyone wants to tag themselves, remove the pics or anything in general, please ask. I will be happy to do so.
Blue dress Anna from Frozen
Casual Ukraine Hetalia

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 01:53:50 pm »
You need to not be so quick to jump down people's throats, Jeimi. Try to calm down, please.

It is a valid issue, for sure, but this particular instance (LovelyAngel's photos) is not all that applicable. It seems, by looking at LovelyAngel's photos, that LA is the kind of photographer to discern the difference between an intrusive and non-intrusive photo opportunity. The photos shared are positive and present each subject in a very beautiful light. I'm not pretending people can't get upset by unprompted photos, but I think this particular instance is not indicative of the problem you pointed out.

Perhaps it'd be best to start a new thread if you would like to debate the issue further. Let's just try to keep this thread focused on sharing photo collections, yeah? ^_^

Well I'm not wanting to start a whole big fight here..Just want people to understand that it's not right to do that. With how many people I herd complaining at con about it (to their friends while standing near them or to me while talking to someone that says it), it seems to be a problem..And please do not defend them by "but the pictures look good"..The quality of the picture does not excuse the action.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 02:04:40 pm »
We're not talking about creepshots here. We're talking about pictures of cosplayers doing convention things. There was no invasion of privacy.

And if you heard complaints...why did none of these make it to the ears of the actual photographers?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 02:08:33 pm »

Well I'm not wanting to start a whole big fight here..Just want people to understand that it's not right to do that. With how many people I herd complaining at con about it (to their friends while standing near them or to me while talking to someone that says it), it seems to be a problem..And please do not defend them by "but the pictures look good"..The quality of the picture does not excuse the action.

I mentioned that to say it is up to the photographer to have the discernment to tell when a candid photo is appropriate, and this is obvious in the subject of each picture. This appropriateness isn't in a photo's aesthetic quality, but the general energy of said picture, and (to again refer back to LovelyAngel) the subjects are clearly on the positive end of the energetic spectrum. So again, when talking about candid photos, you have to give photographers room to use their judgment. Not all candid photos are inappropriate. If the photographer is shooting with the subject in mind, the pictures will usually portray them in an acceptable light. Kumoricon is as much for the whole as it is for the individual. When we're out in public doing as expressive activities as cosplay and glomp circles, it is an unspoken invitation to be considered a representative of the whole (Kumoricon) and documented/photographed/appreciated as such.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to chime in with. I encourage you to start a thread if you want to talk about it though. It's good to discuss these kinds of things, and I'm sure there are others who would enjoy doing so.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:11:25 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 02:18:59 pm »
Hiya!

Here's mine: http://kadajs-kitsune.deviantart.com/gallery/47791621/Kumoricon-2014

I would like to add everyone's names to the photos so proper credit is given; it doesn't matter if you prefer (or only have) a Deviantart, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter or Kcon forum account, I'd just like a link so that people know that it's you, your hard work and see what else you've done!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:20:34 pm by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 02:41:43 pm »
I also just put up mine in a DeviantART gallery http://kuro-heise.deviantart.com/gallery/51048300/Kumori-Con-2014
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 02:54:07 pm »
This isn't so much the same thing, but there was a desire by some to see my Pokémon Manga panel, so here's the slides I used
http://s208.photobucket.com/user/blackjackrocket/library/Pokemon%20Manga%202014?sort=9&page=1
I hope it's ok to post this here!

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit

Offline TysonNW

• Oni
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »
All my cosplay photos are up in my google+ gallery.

I discovered my phone has multishot and auto-awesome will generate gifs from photos shot in quick succession.  So I have picked out the best of the gifs and put them up on my tumblr.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2014, 12:24:14 am »

My Convention Report with Pictures
Share them but give me credit and do not change or use them in a derogatory fashion of the Anime or Furry Fandom.
If you want an unmarked version of your cosplay photo, please message me.
http://www.furry.asinglelion.com/?p=1792

Offline alxreaper

• Cabbit
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »
here is a album of the photos i took during con

https://imageshack.com/a/ej1z/1

Offline collaborativeexposure

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Collaborative Exposure
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 09:37:58 am »
Hi, my name is Maxwell, and I was shoot photos throughout the entire convention.

Here is a link to my facebook:[size=78%]https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.719008931469766.1073741851.609719305732063&type=3[/size]

And here is a link to my photoblog on tumblr, which currently only has photos from Kumoricon 2014: [/size][size=78%]http://collaborativeexposure.tumblr.com/[/size]
Kumoricon 2015
Photographer:
http://collaborativeexposure.weebly.com

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »
Will the official photos and video eventually be linked in this thread? I know there were con photographers at the Pro-Bending and the Iron Cosplay, and at a few other panels I ran or attended, and I'd love to see what they captured. :)

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 08:53:35 am »
As soon as I find them, or if any of them are shared here or elsewhere, I'll add them to the top post. :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline invader1337

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 11:20:39 am »

The Kumoricon 2014 pictures are up! Not as many this year because the good camera we normally use was having some issues with exposure outdoors.We captured some memories anyway; mostly of our group :)

https://plus.google.com/photos/108860302683832750777/albums/6058009042886982817
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:22:37 am by invader1337 »
"I'm not gonna flush... Let them see the wrath of The Monarch!!"

Offline icefox94

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 10:46:02 pm »
here's my pictures. there are albums for previous years as well that i didn't think to post links for at the times they were uploaded, so if your interested, go ahead and look.

https://www.facebook.com/shelby.anderson.9674/media_set?set=a.777434412307031.1073741833.100001214382426&type=3

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:55 pm »
I got some pictures, took me a while to get around to uploading them, haha.

Here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110340783966968533549/albums/6062487129809615377

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »
Your album is set to private, I think. It wouldn't let me see the  pictures.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
I got some pictures, took me a while to get around to uploading them, haha.

Here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110340783966968533549/albums/6062487129809615377

Yep. Can't be viewed. I had to sign into google and everything yet it made me ask permission. Which also doesn't let me view. It must send you a request via email or something..If you get an email for a request from sorasorous, don't worry about it..

Anyway, google albums are probably the very worst of all the places to upload an album you plan to share publicly..I say post on photobucket, flickr, or something similar..

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 10:39:46 pm »
Oh darn. I could have sworn I set it to public. I'll put them on photobucket real quick.

Edit: Here's the Photobucket album.
http://s354.photobucket.com/user/izzytweet/library/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/Kumoricon%202014

It should work this time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:55:42 pm by TardisPants »

Offline GreenBrownGirlSasori

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 11:52:21 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/emerald.henderson1/media_set?set=a.10204888453675497.1073741844.1364546263&type=3
These are all of the ones I could find. I'm sure there are more, but I can't find them.
see ya, space cowboy.
@greenbrowngirl is my Instagram if you are interested in seeing cosplay progress and my drawings.