Author Topic: What are the best close by eateries?  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
What are the best close by eateries?
« on: August 26, 2014, 09:55:41 pm »
I was wondering what food establishments are close to the con hotels. I'm talking more for dinner type places.

I didn't see a thread about any close places, sorry if I missed it. And no, I already know where Subway is haha I also know about this one cafe that's a couple blocks away, you may know it, it has a Tardis in it..Anyway, anywhere else? Food trucks are welcome for suggestions too if any.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
Re: What are the best close by eateries?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:39 pm »
There's actually quite a few if you wandered for a bit, though my memories a little shaky on the names itself, so I do apologize in advance that I can't remember the name of the restaurant but I do know for sure that there are some near the Hilton. ^^ The only one I actually recall is a Sushi place since my friends and I ate there last year, but since it was my first time going to that place, I can't remember the name :(

Honestly, I would say just google, "restaurants near 301 W 6th St Vancouver, WA 98660" since it gave me some good results. ^^

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=restarants+near+301+W+6th+StVancouver,+WA+98660&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=restaurants+near+301+W+6th+St+Vancouver,+WA+98660&rls=en&spell=1

I'm not a local Vancouver, WA person, but if you're ever heading into Portland, I can definitely point you directions to some awesome restaurants! (I definitely know the transit to and from Portland as well).

Sorry I can't be more of help, but hopefully this gives you some idea? ^^;;

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:44:20 am »
There's actually quite a few if you wandered for a bit, though my memories a little shaky on the names itself, so I do apologize in advance that I can't remember the name of the restaurant but I do know for sure that there are some near the Hilton. ^^ The only one I actually recall is a Sushi place since my friends and I ate there last year, but since it was my first time going to that place, I can't remember the name :(

Honestly, I would say just google, "restaurants near 301 W 6th St Vancouver, WA 98660" since it gave me some good results. ^^

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=restarants+near+301+W+6th+StVancouver,+WA+98660&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=restaurants+near+301+W+6th+St+Vancouver,+WA+98660&rls=en&spell=1

I'm not a local Vancouver, WA person, but if you're ever heading into Portland, I can definitely point you directions to some awesome restaurants! (I definitely know the transit to and from Portland as well).

Sorry I can't be more of help, but hopefully this gives you some idea? ^^;;
Oh AWESOME!! Thank you so much for that link. There's a ton, holy bajeebers Batman!!
Also, no we live the opposite direction of Portland so we most likely are not going that way. Just places we can easily walk to. I know there are many businesses over the next few blocks from the hilton, just never know what they were..

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 01:43:23 pm »
That place just next to the Subway has good Pad Thai, but it is a sit down restaurant.

On the weekdays (and MAYBE Saturday) there is an Italian place about one block kitty-corner north-east of the north-east corner of the park.  They have decent (if slightly expensive for some) Pizza.

If you're from out of area (IE Seattle) you might also want to hit a Burgerville on the way in.  Tasty noms but usually too far from the convention.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:27:17 pm »
That place just next to the Subway has good Pad Thai, but it is a sit down restaurant.

On the weekdays (and MAYBE Saturday) there is an Italian place about one block kitty-corner north-east of the north-east corner of the park.  They have decent (if slightly expensive for some) Pizza.
Well I'm talking for the whole weekend, so things closed on the weekends are kinda not going to help.. Also, thanks for the suggestion. I'll see if the others eat that food. I don't personally, but actually my friend asked me to post so..lol I'm kinda looking in terms of everyone even if I don't like the food lol But yea thank you. But the Italian one sounds good for friday ot thursday then.

If you're from out of area (IE Seattle) you might also want to hit a Burgerville on the way in.  Tasty noms but usually too far from the convention.

Like above there, I mean AT con, not on the way..I'm eating a small breakfast then once a friend of mine gets here we are going out for lunch so I don't need to stop anywhere on the way. But thanks anyway

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:59:06 am »
I did eat at an Angus Steakhouse one night and it was fantastic!
I think it's near the Comfort Inn, so it shouldn't be too long of a reach by car.

Also, there's an Italian restaurant just across the street from Angus, so there's variety.
I haven't tried there yet so I can't comment on the food.

The food car, Esoteric BBQ, was awesome - I had an Island Bowl with Kalua pork (chopped pork with bits of pineapple and cooked white rice) and it was delicious.
If you see it next year, it's worth a try.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!