Author Topic: Please don't sell Homestuck merchandise. Same goes for Welcome to Night Vale.  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
As of may 15, 2015 this post may as well be two years old now so I'm going to shorten it up, especially since some links have changed. Here'a screenshot of the original text, however there's probably a view edits button somewhere that I simply can't be bothered to find.

Please be courteous and think about independent creators of comics, your favorite podcasts, etc., when it comes to selling prints, plushes, pins, or really anything else that isn't one of a kind 2d commissions*
While there's a lot of arguments out there that you may be "giving them exposure" it's important to respect the wishes of an author since the content does not belong to you. Many creators put their stuff out for free and spend long hard hours creating something for you to enjoy!

As stated in the original message, both WhatPumpkin and Commonplace Books have asked that you do not sell your own merchandise. Shirts, books, posts, prints, plushes, etc.
As stated in Commonplace Books' FAQ (ctrl/command+F "design")
As stated in the sales faq of MSPA

*re: commissions..not everyone is okay with this! so make sure even digital/traditional commissions are acceptable.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:31:27 pm by Kadaashi »

Offline Kadaashi

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART
Fun and friendly reminder before the con ;)

Have fun everyone!