Author Topic: Can you pick up your badge in cosplay on day 0?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Kiangentina

• Oni
Can you pick up your badge in cosplay on day 0?
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »
I guess i've gotten a little confused, can you pick up your badge in cosplay? Because i know you need to show ID and a lot of people talk about cosplaying on day zero, but I can't figure out if you can wear it at pick up. Does anybody know about this? I've never done a day zero cosplay, and I was considering doing one this year ^u^' thank you!
Sakuracon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina

Kumoricon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina
Sailor Neptune
Lenka Kagamine

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Can you pick up your badge in cosplay on day 0?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:30 pm »
Sorry I'm a little lost..I understand the one question of getting it, which, yes, if you already paid for your badge (pre reg) you may pick it up on day 0. However I don't understand the rest..It sounds like you are asking if you have to have your badge on you if you do anything on day 0. If this is a question you are asking, than no. Day 0 is not a convention day, the convention is not opened and operating at that time, so it's not needed. If they have ANYTHING opened (I heard on another thread once they had the vendors open that day, no idea if it's true, but if so, I'd assume you need your badge because it's still a "con activity". Another question I see in here is about cosplaying..You can cosplay all you want, not sure if that's your question, but no one can stop you from cosplaying that day, it's not against the rules or anything. And finally is a mix of both.."If I cosplay on day 0 do I need my badge" I see this being a possible question in your post too. The same as the answer to just having to have the badge. If you cosplay, you don't have to have your badge on day 0 other than if they, like above, open anything con specific.

Well I hope I helped. I probably answered things you didn't ask, but I didn't know 100% so cover all the bases haha

Offline Kiangentina

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:33:44 pm »
Ah that did help thank you! I guess i was mostly confused about if they would have more difficulty with IDing you for badge pickup if you are in cosplay at the time ^^
Sakuracon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina

Kumoricon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina
Sailor Neptune
Lenka Kagamine

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »
Ah, yea I doubt it..Heck, I'm a guy with an ID card that has a pic of me with a goatee and chin length hair tucked behind my ear..When I got my badge I was clean shaven and crossdressing in Lolita stuffs and pink and blue hair with pigtails..I still got my badge without a second glance..lolI think you'll be fine..

Offline Kiangentina

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »
Well thats good! thank you very much ^u^
Sakuracon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina

Kumoricon 2014 Line up:
Roxy Lalonde
Aoi Asahina
Sailor Neptune
Lenka Kagamine