Author Topic: Health Scares  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Health Scares
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »
Let's all face facts here. None of us are invincible. I learned that little piece of universal truth a long time ago.

But well yesterday evening, I had to go to the hospital for some stomach cramps. As it's turned up it appears there's the strong possibility that I may have to have my gal bladder removed. For my family this is a full circle thing. My stepfather first had them with his angina and later hyperthyroidism due to his exposure to agent orange when he was in Vietnam. Next came mother with her gal bladder and one of her kidneys and that scared the daylights out me too because well...these are my parents and they mean a lot to me. And now like my grandfather (My Mom's father), my own mother I'm going to have to have my gal bladder removed.

And well, if I said that I wasn't afraid I'd be liar. I'm not just scared -Chuckles nervously- I'm absolutely petrified. So i thought as a measure of therapy I'd create this thread where we can get our own fears, doubts, and health scare stories out in a nice private setting such as the forums. If no one wants to talk about them that's fine, just wrote what you're comfortable with. This is a much a means of me venting my own fears as anything else. thanks for reading this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:42:26 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Re: Health Scares
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:47 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if this experience applies to the thread, but I thought I'd share it anyway...

I'm always afraid of getting sick, it's never fun and I remember getting sick quite a bit as a kid due to germs, stress or otherwise.
I make it a point to carry hand sanitizer with me at all times and I wash my hands regularly when I need to eat, etc. and avoid touching my face.

Despite all the precautions, I still got very sick after last year's con.

I don't really know if it was the 'con crud' I got from someone else or if it was anxiety-related, but as soon as I got home after the weekend, I had a horrible stomachache, felt feverish and had to, erm, occupy the loo for a bit. I was shaking and I was really scared that I had appendicitis or some virus and needed a hospital. But, thankfully, a good night's rest was all that was needed.

It's very important that everyone tries to take care of themselves, especially when they're so far away from home for a couple days.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:52:49 pm »
Update on my health issues:

On November the 12th of this year I'll be going into Kaiser Sunnyside hospital to have my gal bladder removed. This is something that needs to be done for my health. Afterwards I probably won't be on line for a couple days as I'll be resting up from my surgery. All I can say is thank goodness for medical science.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:47:17 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »

On November the 12th of this year I'll be going into Kaiser Sunnyside hospital to have my gal bladder removed. This is soemthing that needs to be done for my health. Afterwards I probably won't be on line for a couple days as I'll be resting up from my surgery. ALl i can say is thabnk goodeness for medical science.
(just saw this thread)
We hope it goes well!

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:11:33 pm »

On November the 12th of this year I'll be going into Kaiser Sunnyside hospital to have my gal bladder removed. This is soemthing that needs to be done for my health. Afterwards I probably won't be on line for a couple days as I'll be resting up from my surgery. ALl i can say is thabnk goodeness for medical science.

MEMORANDUM

From the desk of Otaku_24 & Eren Jäger

We want to wish you the best of luck, with your upcoming surgical procedure, and we hope you'll be able to rejoin us on the Kumoricon Forum and the battlefield, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:23 pm »

You'll be in my prayers, my friend!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh