Author Topic: Is there going to be a Day Zero?  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Hillopurkki

• Cabbit
    • My Art Blog
Is there going to be a Day Zero?
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »
Is the con going to be unofficially 'open' on Thursday so people can pick up badges, register, etc.?

Terve, Maria, armoitettu,  Herra sinun kanssasi.
I literally can only remember the Hail Mary in Finnish, nothing else hahaha.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
Re: Is there going to be a Day Zero?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »
I can't answer the question about registration, but when my group goes to Kumoricon, we always pre-register and then pick our badges up on Thursday. And since we're not from nearby, we like to cosplay in the park in the evening on Day Zero - and there are always others. ^^ There is definitely a Day Zero at Kumoricon.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:23:37 pm »
On ground zero, which is Thursday, you can pick up your badge that day but there are no official panels happening. But it's cool to hang out with people and get your badge before other people do. :)

Offline Hillopurkki

• Cabbit
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:50:20 pm »
Ok, thanks!

Terve, Maria, armoitettu,  Herra sinun kanssasi.
I literally can only remember the Hail Mary in Finnish, nothing else hahaha.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »
When you first get onto this cons site, there's a schedule clickie thing, when you cleck on it it brings up the schedule. That page answers your question. It tells you what days pre reg is opened, and it specifically says thursday you can pick up your badge. That is literally all day 0 even is, just pre reg pick up..I think this con specifically does peace bonding too, which is convenient as heck, but out side of those 2 things, day 0 is not even real, and only called that because it's the day before con starts, and you can get your badge..People call it day 0 mostly because a lot of attendees will be there so you can still schedule things to happen in cosplay, making it similar in that aspect to the other days. Where we say "shoot for blah blah day 1, they just say day 0 instead lol

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:23 am »
I also want to stress that if you did not pre-register you will not be able to day 0. It is only for picking up badges that you already paid for. If you haven't already bought your badge, you will have to wait till Friday to get it.

Also for us older crowd (at least in my group) day 0 is a party night! I know of a few small little bar hopping/parties going on.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:13 pm »
I'll be stopping by the hotel to grab my VIP bag. But I won't be officially attending the convention itself until Friday afternoon due to botched planning on my part. Which will lead me to a little something I want to give at the rant and rave. But I'll save my comment for that. A time and a place for everything.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »
The schedule on the website says that there aren't any panels or activities going on Day 0 (even the game room - which is unusual because they sometimes have it open for early arrivers, in the past at least). However, one of the merchandise booths is open from 2PM to 9PM, so if you wanted to take a peek at the shopping, it's there!

Usually, Day 0 is perfect for taking photos when there aren't a lot of crowds around to run the risk of photobombing them. And it's also nice to get set up in your cozy room and get a feel for where everything is after picking up your badge.

I hear some people bring board or video games with them to play with friends or other people, it just depends.

-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!