Convention Community > Off-Topic

Favorite Robin Williams movie-scenes-comedy bits etc

(1/2) > >>

superjaz:
The world lost a great artist this week and its heavy.  Yes he was an actor who I never met, and know only from his movies and stories of his deeds, but I grew up with his movies and they are a part of my childhood, hearing this news was like a sucker punch.  The details are all out there on the web, so please do not to go into a debate on them here and the subject and such I am going to put this here.

And ask people to post some of your favorite movies-scenes-comedy bits-story etc, here to share, I know its hard to pick one
I humbly request on this thread to please be respectful and kind.
  Unless referring to rush Limbaugh, he can suck it.

Okay one of my favorite RW momments is in the movie "Ferngully: the Last Rain Forrest" when he is explaining what a human is, "Nutritious and delicious, takes just like chicken!"
I still say that bit here n there, like in a skit at the uwajimaya event when describing what a prop "Titan crunchies" tasted like.

@random:
My favorite movies, as much as I loved his humor, tend to be the human-interest ones: Dead Poets Society, Good Will Hunting, Awakenings.

Favorite comedy bit: When he explained that guys have two brains, and only enough blood to keep one working at a time.

The quote that came to mind with the news of this past week: "The earth is poorer... It has lost a good man, and we can not afford it."

EveofAbyss:
So many moments!

His Batty Rap from Ferngully was amazing (but shoot, the whole role was perfectly off-the-wall).

As much as I love him for his comedy, I'm with Random. The things that stick with me the most are his serious roles. He had a way of bringing realism and heart to roles that hit all the right chords.

Particularly Dead Poets Society and World's Greatest Dad. The subtlety in both roles, how he played with under-the-skin pain and grief so potently, brought it to the surface with mere nuances, and yet made you feel like his whole world was breaking. His talents were so much more vast than a lot of people gave him credit for.

And Hook! How could I not mention that one? I fell in love with that movie and never looked back. His farewell speech to the Lost Boys gets me, and I reckon it would hit even harder now.

Hillopurkki:
I'm a theater nerd. Definitely Dead Poet's Society. Had I not been in the car when I heard of his passing, I would have stood on a table and exclaimed "O Captain my Captain"

Mrs. Doubtfire, as problematic as it is, is sort of my guilty pleasure, as his speech towards the end about families who divorce is very heartfelt.
Aladdin and Hook are childhood favorites of mine too. :)

zenneth:
special episode of whose line is it anyway. he was gold there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version