Author Topic: Badges this year  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Badges this year
« on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:47 am »
I think this is the first year that Kcon staff will be holding everyone's badges at the check-in.

I'm worried that because all the badges will be held - as opposed to being mailed out like in previous years - the lines to pick them up will be horrifying.

My question is, will we be able to pick them up on Day 0?
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Badges this year
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 03:09:22 pm »
At sakuracon this year, I paid for my badge at the booth they had up to pre reg for kumori. I asked them and they told me to show them my proof when I get there (in my case, my receipt, I'm online cases, the email you get). This is exactly what all the other cons do. It won't be any different than getting your pre reged badge at any other con that doesn't mail them out (which is most cons). Also yes they told me anyone who has paid for a badge previous to con time (meaning not buying at con) can pick up Thursday.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:41:43 pm »
Ah, thanks!
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »
Yea no problem. Don't quote me on it though..I'm just saying what I was I was told when I got mine. Also, I've never seen or heard of a single convention ever in existence that refused to let you get your pre reged badge on thursday..

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »
Not all conventions have a pre-reg pick-up on the day prior to Opening Ceremonies. Our convention does have the pick-up the day before. There will be signs out to direct people around to where they can pick up their badges. You don't necessarily need your proof of purchase receipt, but it's handy to have. You must have a state-issued legal form of photo identification, and if under the age of 18- a signed/dated parent permission form.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline marissaofunderground

• Cabbit
    • The Peculiar Pink Pixie
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:33:30 pm »
Wait so I have to print out my pre-registration reciept? Oh good gods who knows where I have that...How do I go get it if I lost it? Can I find it in my emails?

It'd be nice if they announced that they were no longer mailing our badges. They probably did but I just didn't see it.
Kumoricon 2015 cosplays:
Day 1-2: Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)
Day 2-3: Vivi (Mystery Skulls Animated - Ghost)
Day 4: Undecided

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:50 pm »
Wait so I have to print out my pre-registration reciept? Oh good gods who knows where I have that...How do I go get it if I lost it? Can I find it in my emails?

It'd be nice if they announced that they were no longer mailing our badges. They probably did but I just didn't see it.

When you go into your email inbox on your computer, there will be a search bar within the page somewhere..You can be in ANY box, not just the inbox, but whatever, it's on the age after you sign in..This is for EVERY email site..Search "kumoricon" in that search box and it will bring up your kumoricon related emails within your inbox (this is why I said be in your inbox, so it searches that folder) and that will make it WAY easier. the email should say something like Kumoricon Registration 2014 or something like that.

Offline Soahc Eht

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:37 pm »
I...may...have deleted my email on accident...
Cosplay for 2014
~Ready~
Lazard Deusericus - Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Sollux (Humanstuck) - Homestuck
Kanaya (Humanstuck and gender bent) - Homestuck

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:31:24 pm »
I'm sure a mod will come in with the info, but if you message a mod they can give you the email address that you should email and tell them you need a new one.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 02:37:43 am »
If you have a Driver's Licence, I'm not sure about other ID's, it has a little barcode strip on the back that they can scan and look you up in the system automatically. At least, that worked for me last year. I didn't need to bring any paperwork with me because of that. Although, it is always a very smart idea to have a proof of purchase receipt on you, in case something's wrong and they don't see you in the system.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 10:26:58 am »
Hello,
Just having a form of I.D with a picture will suffice in getting your badge, but yes, a recipt is always handy to have for just in case scenarios, like veraca mentioned. Yes, pre-registered badges can be picked up in thursday from 2-9pm. Other days pick up times vary. More information can be found here, https://www.kumoricon.org/registration
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:28:36 am by Ryo~T.B »
--------------------------------
You. Ya, you. Hi. Have a nice day. You're beautiful inside and out. ( ^ω^) 🐼

Offline Vivi

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 02:07:52 am »
This might be a lame question to ask but is the ticket bud email the same as the receipt email?
Day One: Pearl (Steven Universe)
Day Two: Wadanohara (Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea)
Day Three: Masada (Yume Nikki)
Day Four: Mikuo Hatsune (Vocaloid)