Author Topic: Lolita Meetup 2014  (Read 1836 times)

Offline laurabu

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • Lavendeer
Lolita Meetup 2014
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »
Come and join the members of the Portland, OR Lolita Tea and Cake Society for a meet & greet for all of those who are attending Kumoricon!

This is one of our only public events, so now is a great time to come and make friends with existing members and find out what our community is like.

Join us at 7:30 at the Esther Short Park gazebo dressed in your favorite style of lolita. Bring a snack or lunch to picnic in the park, and be ready to have lots of fun pictures taken. If there is enough interest, we can play some fun group games like lolita werewolf and croquette. If you're unable to wear lolita for this event, that's okay too.

We hope to see you there! You may RSVP and see the latest updates about the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1457356911199029/

Offline kikiemily

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
Re: Lolita Meetup 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:54:38 pm »
Not exactly sure if I can go because I'm staffing but if I get the chance to then I'll try to be at the meet up ^__^ Really want to go because I've finally got a dress to wear after years of just admiring pictures XD
2014: Registration Staff
2015: Registration Coordinator
2016: Registration Coordinator
2017: Specialty Membership Coordinator
2018: Specialty Membership Manager
2019: Specialty Membership Manager
2021: Specialty Membership Manager

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:04:37 pm »
This sounds interesting, but I have a question: are crossplayers welcome?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:10:27 pm »
Lolita isn't cosplay. If you want to wear boystyle as a girl, or be a dude in a dress, nobody is gonna stop you. You can wear whatever clothes you want to this (as long as they fit the fashion aesthetic), since clothes aren't actually gendered. Just remember that the meet is a potluck and you should probably bring a blanket to avoid getting grass stains or other things on your nice outfit.