Poll

I'm going as ezio ( female tho) and was wondering who else is going as him and is ACTUALLY doing parkour??

I'm going as an assassin but NOT doing parkour
0 (0%)
I'm going as an assassin AND doing parkour
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How do you see who else is playing your character???  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Assassin_attack

• Oni
How do you see who else is playing your character???
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:40:33 am »
 :o i'm confused, how do you see who else is gonna be your character. Because i don't want to be a "clone". :o

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: How do you see who else is playing your character???
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:07:11 am »
There is no one place to get a complete list of every cosplay, but there are a couple resources.

Here is a GoogleDoc list of some cosplays being brought to Kumoricon 2014.

There is also a topic on the forums where people discuss their cosplay plans and progress.

You can try to get a feel for what to expect at Kumoricon this year, but there are hundreds of cosplayers who are not part of the online community, so there's no guarantee about whether or not your cosplay will be a one-and-only. It shouldn't matter though. If you want to do a cosplay, go for it. Cosplay for yourself first and foremost. Appreciate the work you accomplish with your cosplay, and don't worry about anyone else's plans. Make the best dang cosplay you can, and you'll stand out regardless of any other same-character cosplays.

Have fun with it!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:14:33 am »
If you are cosplaying from anything remotely popular there will most likely be someone else cosplaying the same character. Don't worry about being the only one.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:12:47 am »
Really, the ONLY way to do that, is to try to pick characters NO ONE has heard of..Honestly I see no other way..out of thousands of people, there is bound to be at lease one other person in the same costume throughout the weekend at some point..You WILL be a clone regrdless if it's a character that's actually known..Don't worry about it..

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:29:59 pm »
Yeah I totally mis guessed what this thread would be about
(like as in how do you react to people dressed as the same character, and there have been some awesome photos because of the amount of same dressed peeps, like 10 Edward elrics from shortest to shorter :D)

But other then that vague obscure characters would be the way to go.
Like me I went as a human flower pot from MPD psycho.  Sure a lot of people didn't get it but those who did thought it was awesome.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline WalkingSpear

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:42 pm »
I would like to see if I can get together with other cosplayers from my chosen franchise.
Who else does Inuyasha characters? I would like to get a cosplay skit together, or at least a crew who would rock the place!
Dang! Kagome, what have you been eating?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:20:43 pm »
The best thing for you to do, WalkingSpear, is make a topic here on the forums in the Cosplay category for an Inuyasha cosplay group/meetup/photo shoot. There doesn't seem to be one for this year, so go ahead and make that thread.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27:43 pm »
This is one of those situations that can be looked at both positively and negatively imo.

On the one hand, cosplaying as a popular character makes it easy to get advice and tips for successfully pulling it off.
Expanding on that, (for the better or worse) you can also compare yourself to others doing that character. Like I said, that can be for better or worse. Depends.

On the other hand, if you cosplay as a character that is less popular you run the risk of people not knowing who you are. That is both good and bad.

Anyways, myself personally, I am in that unsure gray zone.
I'm going to push my luck and attempt Kongou from Kantai Collection. (I say "push my luck" because I'm male)
Kantai Collection is popular and all with Kongou being one of the main girls people talk about so i run the risk of meeting lots of "her".
On the flip side of that, there is only one other person cosplaying as her that I am aware of so it could go either way.

ULTIMATELY,
I think its just cool to know that I chose a character that others like as much as I do.

Wow long post....
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »
I personally think there is always going to be someone cosplaying the same character as you, you won't be the only one in the world.
Rinoa is one of my main cosplays, and I love seeing other Rinoa's, it personally makes me love the fact there is someone who loves the character as much as me.