Author Topic: If you're thinking of hating on Homestuck cosplayers, please don't.  (Read 2619 times)

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
I understand that a lot of people think that the Homestuck fandom is immature, but please understand, not all Homestucks are assholes or like **** up your cosplay with paint.
But really, please, understand that there are people in your fandom who are EXACTLY THE SAME. It hurts to be ridiculed for who you cosplay as or what you cosplay from.
We all have feelings. Not just you.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
Re: If you're thinking of hating on Homestuck cosplayers, please don't.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:31:01 pm »
THANK YOU. I dont cosplay from homestuck but my sister, (who is actually far more mature than her age) does, and im tired of people giving her crap for it. For absolutely no reason too, i might add. 
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:41:48 pm »
So am i supposed to feel bad for the people who cosplay homestuck? So "pity pity pity me" right? Naurto came out back in the early 2000's and even though its second series and came out roughly over five years ago the fans are still ridiculed  for it. I read something great that someone posted about this a few years back basically it went like this "The homestuck series promotes immaturity, but that does not mean its cosplayers have to be in character all the time."

I would say taking responsibility for ones actions might help, but shifting the blame just makes things worse. I guess being a victim is the norm for society today, rather than taking responsibility.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:52 pm »
I would say taking responsibility for ones actions might help, but shifting the blame just makes things worse. I guess being a victim is the norm for society today, rather than taking responsibility.

I'll probably get deleted again, so I won't say anything about you personally OP, but this is true what I quoted..No one is saying that all the homestucks are bad. No one is saying YOU are bad. We are saying that the majority of the problems that happen are from that fandom. You may be the most mature one of them all, if so, awesome. I love seeing cosplayers that are also respectful. But you have to face fact that that one L cosplayer is not equivalent to 30 homestuck cosplayers doing the same thing..If you want to use math in this, that would make it at the very leave, only 1/30 of the death note fandom has pushed people against walls because they felt like it. Don't take personal offence..The people who get extremely defencive over something like that are usually the ones that ARE like that. You literally just said that what that ONE L cosplayer did to you matches up to what 30 of them did to us. It's unfair that you shoulld sit here and talk about how other fandoms have the same kind of people when it's been proven that the people in your fandom are worse. I asked you to supply evidence on your accusations..You not only didn't, but you ignored it completely..Because you already know you won't find any. I said before, I've seen bad people in other fandoms, yes..It happens, every fandom will have a few idiots that suck, but out of every single convention attendee that I've seen doing those things,more than 75% of them were homestuck cosplayers. Once other fandoms start causing the same amount of trouble as the homestucks, then you have ground to stand on for your little protest here. But until then, you're only proving our point..You are giving us a reason to state facts and evidence against you. If you really want the homestuck fandom to not be talked bad about, why not speak out against the bad ones rather than justifying their bad behavior? I bet it will go a lot better.

But please, for the love of god, don't blame other fandoms for being horrible people while trying to get others to stop saying it about yours. You can't make people stop talking crap WHILE talking crap..Make sense?

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:54:05 pm »
THANK YOU. I dont cosplay from homestuck but my sister, (who is actually far more mature than her age) does, and im tired of people giving her crap for it. For absolutely no reason too, i might add.

A lot of people who are perfectly mature get bullied for it. I'm not saying there aren't people who are immature but it really hurts the people who aren't.

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:13 pm »
So am i supposed to feel bad for the people who cosplay homestuck? So "pity pity pity me" right? Naurto came out back in the early 2000's and even though its second series and came out roughly over five years ago the fans are still ridiculed  for it. I read something great that someone posted about this a few years back basically it went like this "The homestuck series promotes immaturity, but that does not mean its cosplayers have to be in character all the time."

That is not what I'm saying at all! Do not put words in my mouth!
I'm saying just don't be a jerk to anyone in the fandom! What is so hard to understand about that, are you really that unable to get your head around it?
Oh my god

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:03 pm »

I'm saying just don't be a jerk to anyone in the fandom! What is so hard to understand about that, are you really that unable to get your head around it?
Oh my god

Again proving my point, it would be nice if nobody acted like a jerk to anyone. But not everyone is fully innocent in most situations, both are normally equally at fault. I understand it perfectly but that does not mean people in the fandom will not act any better because people outside it are not being jerks to them.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 04:36:28 pm »

Oh my god

We aren't being jerks to the nice people. We are talking only about the ones that are jerks first. You are not a jerk. We are not calling you a jerk. The ones that pushed me and others outta the way? Yes, they deserve the bad talk. But ONLY them. No one here is saying that the mature ones deserve anything bad. Those ones should be praised for being the better people. We have no problem with the homestuck cosplayers that are nice and respectful.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 06:54:34 pm »
I've locked this thread. It's an offshoot of the discussion in Most annoying thing at an anime convention and has run its course. I also deleted the last two posts in that thread from a couple of people.

Sailor-Jeimi, all of the following quotes from your posts in this thread or the above one are inappropriately personal or impolite. Per the code of conduct, please keep discussion about the issue rather than the person. Please PM myself or @random for questions or concerns. We want to keep the forum a place where people feel comfortable participating even when disagreeing. Thank you.

Please remember to think about what you say before you say it

Also, you are being extremely defensive for someone that no one on this thread singled out

Sitting here trying to justify the actions of the bad ones only makes you look like one of them.

I asked you to supply evidence on your accusations..You not only didn't, but you ignored it completely..Because you already know you won't find any.

Once other fandoms start causing the same amount of trouble as the homestucks, then you have ground to stand on for your little protest here.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor