Author Topic: Reg Lines  (Read 3064 times)

Offline moiramctaggart

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
Reg Lines
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:16:26 am »
It has been a very long time since I had to stand in line for at the for registration. How long was the line last year? 2 hours?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
Re: Reg Lines
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:54:21 am »
Two years ago, I went to go to the pre-registration line and if i remember, it was organized alphabetically by last name, so i went to the very last one and there was NOBODY IN LINE. So the process of getting my badge took like 3 minutes. I was so happy...
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 07:31:52 am »
I echo Poptart. The pre-reg line for the past two years has been pretty fantastic in how quick they get attendees processed through.

I think you're asking about at-con registration though, which I have no knowledge of...so I'm useless here, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:57:58 pm »
At con registration is a long wait. A couple years back, we had a friend register at the con. We didn't see him for four hours.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 11:32:39 pm »
Last year they were slipping back to their old bad habits I say it was 2 hours plus for pre reg+ 

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:09 pm »
pre-reg sign in took 1-2 hours
 now at con reg, I need to ask my brother, but I seem to remember hours n hours in the sun, and a line split that didn't help.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:02 pm »
Pre-reg is shorter if you hit it right. Night 0, it's super short. The longest we've had to wait on night 0 is 15 minutes. Early on day 1, the longest we hit was 2010, but that was because we got in line an hour before reg started. After that, it was maybe half an hour?
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:19 am »
Heh this thread is kind of old...but since I'll be registering for the first time in like, a year and a half (money issues, then i whined because i wanted to go, blah blah), does anyone know how early I should be for at the door registration? I've NEVER had to register for Kumoricon so I have no idea.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 01:18:56 am »
I believe registration is considered an event and the convention rule for events is that you should not line up more then 30 minutes ahead of the event.

So the earliest for each day would be:

Thursday (Pre-Reg Only): 1:30pm [2pm is when it will open]
Friday-Sunday: 6:30am [7:00am is when it open]
Monday: 7:30am [8am is when it open]

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 08:22:35 pm »
Hi guys, Registration Manager here!

We do not use the 30 minute line rule at Registration, you are free to line up as early as you want as long as the hotel allows it.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us at registration@kumoricon.org

See you guys at con!

Chris Blackburn
Registration Manager

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 03:33:18 pm »
Is there anyone who can answer about how long the registration lines were last year? I normally preregister for cons, but something happened this year and I'm not pre-registered. If I get in line an hour before registration starts on Day 1, how long can I expect to wait?
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;