Author Topic: Question about ID's  (Read 2724 times)

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
Question about ID's
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:11:00 am »
I'm going to my furst con ever but I don't have a photo ID, except for my school ID but it doesn't have my age. So even though I'm 18 would I still need a permission slip since I can't prove that I'm 18? I have a permit but it has no photo. Please help!! Anything is appreciated! :)
2016:
Day 0: Panda kigirumi
Day 1: Konan am, school girl am
Day 2: Lolita
Day 3: Panda kigirumi or normal clothes

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
Re: Question about ID's
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:46:01 am »
Since you are 18, I would recommend going to DMV and getting photo ID. Fortunately you have plenty of time!

If you're in Oregon: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages/driverid/idget.aspx
Washington: http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/edlget.html
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:50:05 am by DarkStar »
--Chris ^_^

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:06 pm »
I got a question for yaPanda..Are you talking about a drivers permit? Because I'm pretty sure that legally has to have a picture because it's a state ID card, which has to legally have certain things on it, a picture being one..
Honestly, it's super easy to get an ID so just on a free day durring the week, just head down there and get one. Shouldn't take more than an hour if you get there early.

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 01:30:06 pm »
Okay thank you guys!

Yes it's a driving permit. It doesn't have a picture though, because I didn't have my real birth certificate with me.
2016:

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:34:45 pm »
Hi! Registration Manager here! I think you may be the one who emailed us 2 days ago about this but we haven't got to replying to it yet so I'll try my best to answer it here.

Since you're 18, you will need a photo ID with a picture and date of birth. This can be a State or Federal ID such as a Driver Licence, State ID, Passport, Military ID, etc. We also accept work ID's and library cards that have your picture and date of birth on them (I have see those library cards before but they seem to be a east coast thing).

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to accept your ID if it doesn't have a picture. If you do plan to get a new one close to con (you still have plenty of time right now), we do accept the temporary paper ID's that the DMV gives out while you wait for the plastic one in the mail.

Feel free to email us at registration@kumoricon.org if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »
Yes that was me! :) thank you so much! Yes I'm getting a state ID, but we're still waiting for my birth certificate to get the ID. I feel much more relaxed knowing that the paper ID's are accepted too.  Thank you for replying!
2016:

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:22 pm »
So I take it a birth certificate won't be accepted? Hmm, I'll have to see if I can get a temporary ID at least. Should have found this thread before.