Author Topic: Where to buy a ballgown?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Where to buy a ballgown?
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:20:51 pm »
I had an idea for a ballgown version of a character and since my sewing skills are sort of...basic, I need to find a ballgown to try and adapt. Where can I find one and what should I expect to pay?

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Re: Where to buy a ballgown?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »
There are a few dress stores you can look for for ball/prom/wedding dresses!

I'm also getting a dress - a red gown - and one of the stores I found was this wedding dress store that's a few doors down from the GameStop at the Clackamas Town Center's promenade. I found a nice one and it cost about $180, but the price was boosted because of some adjustments I wanted for it.

You can try there, or maybe you can buy some fabric from Joann's and then take it to a seamstress to have a custom dress made for you; but I don't know how much they charge. You might want to look one up and ask if they do that kind of work and how much they charge.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:34:31 pm »
I'd really be on a tight budget

And it needs to be a ballgown. I tried searching for one and it only gave me wedding and prom dresses, but I need a big classic sort.

Hopefully I can get the big feather fan that inspired it. All pink feathers...

Also I'd need to get a long blonde wig, enough to tie it up in a ponytail right on the top of my head...

How does one do a collared cape anyway?

Offline Lynzie

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:03:38 pm »
You might want to post a picture of what you're looking for if no wedding or prom dresses (which come in lots of different styles) will fit your needs.

That said, fancy dresses are expensive, and you'll want a petticoat to go with it to make it poofy, so if $180 is way out of your price range you'll probably want to choose a different costume.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:27:38 pm »
I have no idea what it would look like. It would have to be red or green though. I have a basic idea but the specifics are...I don't know, I can't really describe it. I know that makes it really hard to ask for things.