Author Topic: Overflow Hotels  (Read 3799 times)

Offline ImpulseCosplay

• Cabbit
Overflow Hotels
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »
Does anyone have any idea when or if the overflow hotels will be added this year? My group and I need three rooms and sadly missed the window to book the two main hotels due to conflicts. We're hesitant to buy our tickets at this point. I'm really hoping there will be overflow hotels or we won't be able to go.
Sakura Con 2015: Bombshell Starfire; Harley Quinn
Kumoricon 2014 (if I can make it): Bombshell Starfire; Harley Quinn; Princess Bubblegum

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
Re: Overflow Hotels
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:38:06 am »
I agree, this is a huge problem. My sister and I tried for a room a month or two ago, and it was still booked full. This is just crazy, and we're not sure we can afford the hotel that's a a mile away and almost twice as expensive. Hopefully they can figure this dilemma out, because this honestly sucks.

My sister and I only need one bed, so any room will do for us. If anyone is giving up one of these rooms, would they be so kind as to contact us? Please?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:40:01 am by wildlavender »
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline EmperorRemus

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:04:25 am »
MODS DELETE POST/DELETE ACCOUNT
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:06:29 pm by EmperorRemus »

Offline ImpulseCosplay

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »
Okay so apparently the SpringHill Suites is affiliated with Kumori this year! My friend made our reservations and they told us that there would be a shuttle going from there to the convention. Hopefully this helps people!
Kumoricon 2014 (if I can make it): Bombshell Starfire; Harley Quinn; Princess Bubblegum

Offline EmperorRemus

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:03:21 pm by EmperorRemus »

Offline ImpulseCosplay

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »
Actually it worked really well. There weren't many people last year that actually stayed at the hotel. About every half hour or so there would be a shuttle making rounds between Kumori and Springhill. It worked really well for us because we prefer to be a little farther away from everything. My friend found out because she called the hotel to have them confirm if they were going to be doing the same hing that they did last year and they said that they were. I'm not sure why it isn't listed on the Kumori page but that may just be because it wasn't updated yet.

Offline EmperorRemus

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 05:39:03 am »
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:01:52 pm by EmperorRemus »

Offline ImpulseCosplay

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:09 pm »
I hope someone just dropped the ball and has forgotten to update the hotel page. It would be awful if this means something happened between Kumori and the hotels. But I hope you can get a hotel room for yourself!