Author Topic: Some questions about Kumoricon 2016 planning  (Read 3001 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Some questions about Kumoricon 2016 planning
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:38:17 am »
I have some questions about the upcoming Kumoricon that I've been thinking about of late.

1. For those who have been to the Oregon Convention Center, what is the building like it and how does it compare to the Washington State Convention Center?
2. Since Kumoricon is scheduled for October this year instead of Labor Day weekend, when should we expect to see guest announcements?
3. Since the convention will be going back to three days this year, does the scheduling for guest panels plan to be more of the way it was prior to the last two years, or will there be a more balanced number of guest panels for each day?
4. Are the hotels near the Oregon Convention Center more expensive than Vancouver Hilton and Red Lion or are the fares around the same?

Offline derek anthony

• Cabbit
Re: Some questions about Kumoricon 2016 planning
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:09:13 pm »
I have been to the convention center in Portland for numerous cons and shows, the place is huge with 5 large exhibit halls  and two ballrooms, plus numerous meeting rooms, here Is a virtual tour that shows the inside ( and exterior) of the center, http://oregoncc360.circlescapes.com/, also here is the website for the convention center with more info https://www.oregoncc.org/events. there is also food stands inside, from pizza to hamburgers, plus coffee stands , I don't know about the hotels,
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:10:34 pm by derek anthony »

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
Re: Some questions about Kumoricon 2016 planning
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:25:03 pm »
I just took a look at the OCC Plaza and it looked like a good place to have photo shoots and glomp circles, if the weather cooperates.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka