Author Topic: What book would you like to see made into an Anime and/or manga?  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
What book would you like to see made into an Anime and/or manga?
« on: September 17, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »
We all have our favorite manga and anime. We have our favorite non anime books and written series (Duologies, trilogies, etc.) the question I pose to everyone is this. What book or series of books would you like to see turned into anime.

Here are some of my picks.

The Colura (Pronounced: Ceh-Lore-uh) by the late Anne McCaffrey. Anne McCaffrey's tale from the Crystal Singer universe is so well rendered and thought out that this novel simply MUST be turned into an anime.
The Dolphins of Pern: Another novel by the late Anne McCaffrey. This beautiful lavish tale, taking place on the world of Pern, tells the story of a boy and his growing bond with the sentient dolphins brought by the original colonists to Pern.
The Heralds of Valdemar series: Mercedes Lackey's incredible magical series taking place in and around the country of Valdemar. it's a take involving multiple complex characters, powerful magic, and dangerous intrigues. Great stuff and very worthy of being an anime.

Well that's all I can think of, how about you guys? What series or books can you think of that would make great anime? Let's hear from you.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:04:36 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
Re: What book would you like to see made into an Anime and/or manga?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:54 pm »
ansatsu kyoushitsu...
 it's a really fun manga  about a super alien turning  into a teacher which his students are  assigned to assassinate him.  the thing is...  this super alien can move  in mach 20 speed
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 02:13:53 pm »
"Ware Wa Ken Oh" is a short little 3-volume manga that starts off almost like 'Shikabane Hime,' but then goes for BIG swords, attack twins, then even guns and a TANK iirc, all in high school of course.

But it was cute, quick fun, nice school uniform design for both girls and boys and the main girl had cool hair accessories.
They looked like eastern art representation of flames, i.e. 'hono.'

The boys' suit-jacket had counter-charged lapel colors, which also looked nice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:05:39 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 03:01:25 am »
Monstrous Regiment: A woman enlists in the army to fight in the war of the week. Her unit includes an igor, a vampire, a troll, and a religious fanatic among other things. Of course, even with that, everything is not what it seems, especially when an unknown person gives her advice for passing.
Sphere: A spaceship is found under hundreds of years of coral on the ocean floor. Inside this UFO is a sphere. What purpose could it serve?

And forget about getting turned into an anime, which it already has been, I'll take No. 6 in it's original format. I just want to buy it in English.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 11:13:46 am »
If you enjoyed Crest o' the Stars and Banner o' the Stars, then David Weber's 'Honor Harrington' series offers space opera in similarly gargantuan and magnificent scope.

As in, multiple fleets of major, mongo, line-of-battle capital ships, and hundreds if not thousands of times the 'missile spam' of Macross or Gundam.
Not to mention an indomitable, kick-ass central character and a supremely competent, innovative, quick-thinking, and able team of officers to support her.

Big change for anime though would be that she's actually in her twenties and thirties, as opposed to the typical anime shoujo four-striper who happens to still be in high school all the time...

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »
If you enjoyed Crest o' the Stars and Banner o' the Stars, then David Weber's 'Honor Harrington' series offers space opera in similarly gargantuan and magnificent scope.

As in, multiple fleets of major, mongo, line-of-battle capital ships, and hundreds if not thousands of times the 'missile spam' of Macross or Gundam.
Not to mention an indomitable, kick-ass central character and a supremely competent, innovative, quick-thinking, and able team of officers to support her.

Big change for anime though would be that she's actually in her twenties and thirties, as opposed to the typical anime shoujo four-striper who happens to still be in high school all the time...
That actually could work. Ghost in the Shell was an anime and all of the main characters in it were adults. This could actually work well.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:50:45 pm »
I would see Scott Sigler's  Galactic Foot Ball League series turn into an anime.

Offline bigdadytid

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • the russian facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »
Team Yankee
greasy, tattooed asian trash

2014-auction staff
2013-roaming yojimbo

Offline hotdgumi

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:12 pm »
I think vampire academy series by richelle mead or the dark powers series by kelly armstrong would make pretty cool anime or mangs. Id totally. Check it out and buy copies of those.
2014 Kumoricon cosplaying as magnet Megurine Luka, Matryoshka Luka, and random cat anime girl :D

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 08:49:41 am »
I think vampire academy series by richelle mead or the dark powers series by kelly armstrong would make pretty cool anime or mangs. Id totally. Check it out and buy copies of those.

YOU SAID KELLEY ARMSTRONG
i love you.
She's my favorite author.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 02:04:56 pm »
UBEL BLATT!!!!!
awesome art style, awesome fighting scene, awesome world, AWESOME EVERYTHING!!!!!

sex scenes make it awesome too, but it goes with the story making it more mature and dark and not unnecessary fan service...
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 11:49:48 am »
Otomegatari.
Beautiful costuming, and a story set not in Japan, but along the Silk Road, so we get to visit lands and cultural stuff where most other stories rarely venture.