Author Topic: Looking towards KumoriCon 2014  (Read 3799 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Looking towards KumoriCon 2014
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:14:21 pm »
Well, SakuraCon is now over for another year, and we have five odd months left until KumoriCon. So, with that said.......... what are you all looking forward to @ KumoriCon 2014?

Me? Let's see.......
-Meeting every one of you guys!
-Four days! Meaning, another day to celebrate both anime/manga and the start of football season!
-Meeting the VAs. :)

What are you all looking forward to?

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Looking towards KumoriCon 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:50:46 pm »
For me, personally, it's that I'll finally get to do a real cross play finally. Last kumori and aakicon I had things break on them making it so I couldn't do them..And sakuracon the one cross play I had just happened to be the only day it poorer out and I couldn't even get TO the con before it washed all my make up off. So hopefully this won't suck again.

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:48 pm »
I can't wait to meet new people, get photos, and just hang out with friends. The four days is a plus too! Also seeing all the new first-time con goers. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:03:15 pm by DasDeutsch »
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 11:20:22 pm »
I'm actually pretty worried about the 4-day thing. I remember attending AX a couple years back and people either would skip Day 0 and 1, or skip Day 4. For photoshoots, panels attendance... it does worry me. Despite that, I am looking forward to having 4 official days.
I am looking forward to the cosplay, of course. I'm already working on my costumes for the con and might be done before June. Aside from my own insanity of making things, I'm always looking forward to seeing what people come up with. I love telling my friends at the theatre here what creative costumes I see.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Lynzie

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:29 am »
I think it's common no matter how many days a con is for people to skip the last day just because the hotels usually want you and your stuff out by 11am or noon unless you're paying for an extra night, and that makes it hard for cosplayers, and of course taking an extra day off of work is sometimes just not feasible.

I'm just looking forward to the con in general! Other than Saturday at Sakuracon this year, this will be my first con since 2005, and I've always preferred smaller cons. :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:54:49 am »
I'm definitely excited about the extra day of con. I only usually end up hanging around conspace and loitering in cosplay, but that's one more day to do so! W00t.

Also, I am very excited to just generally meet new people, reunite with friends I never get to see throughout the year, and peruse the DH/AA. The four days may actually give me a chance to go watch some new anime in the viewing rooms. I never can make time for it, and this might just be my opportunity. Also, the Cosplay Competition (for the same reason). I never can justify the amount of time it would take to enter the CosComp, but with four days, if I get a legit cosplay together, I may have to go for it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 02:13:16 pm »
I feel very excited as well for this year's Kumoricon! ^__^ Last year was my first time attending Kumoricon. It was also my first time attending any convention from Day 0 to the End and it was the first time staffing an anime convention. So it was pretty much an entire learning experience. X_x (Sadly it was also a very frustrating experience too) But this year I am much more prepared! This is how I prepared for it:

- One Hotel, One Room, from Thurusday till Tuesday. (That way I do not have to worry about packing at the last day of the convention. Instead I can enjoy the last day of the convention and pack the next day.)
- Lots of Bottled Water, Snacks, and other food and drinks stored at my hotel room.
- 10x the amount of funds I brought last year + emergency fund. (No more ramen noodles and cereal bars as main meals this time! >__<)
- Bringing my own car

I also put in time over the year learning more about photography! ^__^ I really like many of the people's outfits and asked alot of cosplayers if I could take pictures of them. Unfortunately 25% of the photos I took were unusable or didn't quite capture the cosplayer the way that makes them look the best. (If I think the cosplayer may not like the way a picture was taken of them, I generally not upload it.) So I now take pictures in RAW and I bought $200 worth of software to allow me to work with RAWs and make HDR out of the few that can benefit from it.

Other then that I will enjoy staffing the Video Game Department again and I hope to have my own gaming spot that I noticed other people have done. ^_~

Oh yeah!! And don't be afraid to ask me to take your pic if you see my walking around!! ^___^I would love to take your picture and of course I will post the pictures online for you to view and save! (I will also provide you the RAWs too upon request if you want to work with your own image.)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »
I look forward to the afct I have a place to stay starting on Day 1 and going around dressed as Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Since I'm VIP I also look foward to the guest dinner and and seeing what anime is available. and taking comfort in the fact I at least have some place to stay and have not wasted the money i spent on a VIP badge.

This of course brings me to a question for any Kumoricon staffer. Would it be all right if I picked up my VIP badge and swag bag on Day 1?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:19:14 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »
Ah, you're cosplaying Sub-Zero?! Fantastic! I really hope to see you and get a picture :D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 11:29:44 pm »
Are they still doing the VIP Guest Dinner? I checked a few weeks ago after I couldn't attend Sakuracon and decided to use my hotel money and ticket money from that event to buy a VIP for Kumoricon but noticed that there is no VIP Dinner thing. Just the following:

Those of you looking for the royal treatment can opt for our special VIP Membership. For $300, you will receive:
  • No line at the door
  • Priority seating to main events
  • A ticket to the limited admittance Kumoricon Guest Autograph Reception
  • A free Kumoricon 2014 T-shirt
  • Additional VIP goodies
  • A special VIP-only badge.
  • [/l][/l]
I believe the Kumoricon Guest Autograph Reception is new for VIP? Did that replace the Guest Dinner thing?
[/list]

Offline animefan209

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 11:14:20 am »
I am so excited for KumoriCon! This is my second con and my first time to cosplay. I will be going as Natsu from Fairy Tail! I can't wait to meet more anime fans and the guests. It's going to be awesome!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:14 pm »
Welcome to the forums and the world of cosplay! I hope you have an awesome season of con-prep!  :P

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 11:13:31 pm »
This will be my first kumori-con so I'm looking to meet old friend hopefully.  Also for my cosplays to workout, it seems they have been real lackluster lately.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 11:52:54 am »
I'm primarily looking forward to entering the skit contest. I went to watch the skit contest for the first time at this past Sakura-Con, and it was so much fun that I wanted to try it, too. xD

Also looking forward to trying out a new costume of a character I really like! It's probably going to be fairly cold, and I'm hoping the warm weather for Kumoricon will be good to try it out.

Also, I went to D.Gray-Man/Anime Improv the first year, and though I didn't get to go last year, I hope that panel is there again.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 06:46:08 pm »
I really can't wait to meet more people and make friends! On top of that my cosplay this year will be so much better so that makes me happy.
Also looking forward to possibly finding a future partner uwu but meeting new people is always as good and fun!!!

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 06:21:01 pm »
One week left, and I am looking forward to meeting all the Sailor Moon AND Frozen cosplayers! :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 08:11:41 pm »
Yay, the improv show is happening again this year! :D It's relatively late at night for me, but I'm still looking forward to it as much as I was earlier.

I've also started reading Pandora Hearts, and I've gotten into it very quickly, so I'm really looking forward to Tea Time with Pandora and the Pandora Hearts photoshoot. ^^

Wow, so much has changed and come out since I last posted on this topic!
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;