Author Topic: Karaoke 2014?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline QSAlois

• Cabbit
    • Youtube
Karaoke 2014?
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:41:50 am »
This is my first year going to kumoricon so sorry if i sound dumb but i really wanted to sign up for the karaoke contest thingy ...but i dont see where/know how to? Is it already too late? D':

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
Re: Karaoke 2014?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 03:13:37 pm »
This is my first year going to kumoricon so sorry if i sound dumb but i really wanted to sign up for the karaoke contest thingy ...but i dont see where/know how to? Is it already too late? D':

I think the karaoke contest sign-ups already ended, since I no longer see the contest on the website. So it's too late to sign up in advance.

However! They also have a waiting list in the karaoke room that opens right away on Day 1, so you can go in and sign up for a spot on the waiting list. From my experiences with karaoke contests at multiple conventions, there are usually a lot of no-shows from people who signed up in advance, so you should still be able to get a spot in the contest if you sign up on the waiting list right as the room opens on Day 1.
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline LadyAlmanic

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:00:50 pm »
I actually looked at the website almost all the time and never saw the sign-ups ever released, nor did I ever see announcements on the Kumoricon Facebook page.
2014 Costumes:
Junko Enoshima: Dangan Ronpa
Mami Tomoe: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Robin: One Piece

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »
Looks like the sign-ups are open now! I guess they're just a bit later this year. (Although it is kind of convenient knowing when the karaoke contest is in relation to other events, for planning purposes...)
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.