Author Topic: How to Cross-play Panel 2015 (Open for Adoption)  (Read 6148 times)

Offline Morphious

• Oni
How to Cross-play Panel 2015 (Open for Adoption)
« on: December 28, 2014, 04:47:21 pm »
A couple friends and I are thinking of hosting a cross-play panel this coming year.

We'd talk about:

(1) cross-playing as male

(2) cross-playing as female

(3) what difficulties we've faced

(4) what methods we've used in the past

(5) what's worked and what hasn't

(6) resources

Any interest in the topic?

5/24/15

After much consideration, my team & I won't be doing this panel after all. So, if anyone else wants to submit a panel about cross-playing feel free to do so : )

For those of you who were looking forward to this, sorry, RL is too hectic right now for us to prepare for this. I'll be lucky to have my cross-play ready in time.

See you folks at con & good luck with your own plans~
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:12:35 pm by Morphious »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: How to Cross-play Panel 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
I like this. I might attend because I am a mtf crossplayer myself. Sounds fun

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:26:14 pm »
I think there should be more panels like this, so good for you!  I would probably stop by if I could; I'm always interested in learning more about it, since I often cross play as guys.  I encourage you to do this!
Find me on:

Facebook:  Uptown Otaku
Tumblr:  uptownotakucosplay
YouTube:  UptovvnOtaku
Instagram:  uptownotaku
Fanfiction.net:  UptownOtaku
DeviantART:  uptownotaku

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »
I would be interested. do you think you would be talking about how to cosplay for plus sized gals with bigger boobs?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:04:27 am »
Opposite of what te last post was about, are you cover plus sized mtf crossplay, too? I'm one and I have some problems with getting hips bigger than my waist. Even with a corset so that advice would help a lot.

Offline Morphious

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 03:03:52 pm »
I would be interested. do you think you would be talking about how to cosplay for plus sized gals with bigger boobs?

I, myself, am petite and face other issues, but I do have a busty friend who cross-plays. If she doesn't come to con, I will ask her about what she does to create a more male image.

I'm glad you mentioned the boob size issue, we'll be sure to address solutions in the panel.

Offline Morphious

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 03:06:23 pm »
Opposite of what te last post was about, are you cover plus sized mtf crossplay, too? I'm one and I have some problems with getting hips bigger than my waist. Even with a corset so that advice would help a lot.

I'll see what we can come up with. I've heard of this being a common problem, so it's definitely something we will discuss.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 05:01:30 pm »

I'll see what we can come up with. I've heard of this being a common problem, so it's definitely something we will discuss.

Thank you very much for considering this topic. Covering something like this will really make it more likely that i'd attend the panel, as the other information isn't stuff I actuall need info or advice on, so having something I can learn will make me want to attend. Idk how this post is coming across, It sorta sounds like I'm being arrogant, but I promise i'm not. I just mean I already know the rest of the stuff lol

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 07:19:44 pm »
It's an interesting topic. Maybe there should also be a section, "Hey, don't stress out about it!" too. :) I see so many get themselves worked up about binding other things like that. Your health, and being comfortable so you can enjoy the con, are incredibly important!

I guess that could be part of "resources" :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:20:25 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 08:49:02 pm »
I' be willing to put in my two cents on this, too, if it doesn't conflict with my schedule.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline KingOfAutumn

• Cabbit
    • RMD
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:01:13 am »
This seems like a fun panel! As a crossplayer myself, this would be a fun panel to attend to get more tips on how to be more feminine on those crossplay kind of days.
IG - @xiao.sama
Tumblr - all-u-ken-eat-ravioli.tumblr.com
--
KumoriCon 2016
{Still Unplanned}

Offline Morphious

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 08:05:01 pm »
After much consideration, my team & I won't be doing this panel after all. So, if anyone else wants to submit a panel about cross-playing feel free to do so : )

For those of you who were looking forward to this, sorry, RL is too hectic right now for us to prepare for this. I'll be lucky to have my cross-play ready in time.

See you folks at con & good luck with your own plans~

Offline Elsie mun

• Oni
Re: How to Cross-play Panel 2015 (Open for Adoption)
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »
I would love to take this panel on, to do much research and help present tips and tricks. I myself do many cosplays in male which my self am a curvy female. 
Stay strong, your not alone.

Offline Morphious

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 12:36:50 am »
I would love to take this panel on, to do much research and help present tips and tricks. I myself do many cosplays in male which my self am a curvy female.

Go for it! : D

Offline Elsie mun

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 10:00:06 pm »
Did you already submit a panel? Would you like to still team up?
Stay strong, your not alone.