Author Topic: Preregistration  (Read 10958 times)

Offline wingzero_010

• Oni
Preregistration
« on: May 25, 2004, 10:52:08 pm »
the news page says thet we have till july to preregister at the $25 rate but the Preregistration page says that rate is till june 1st.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Preregistration
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:09:18 pm »
Oops, thanks for pointing that out.  The preregistration price is good until July, not June.  We'll get that fixed as soon as possible.
~Sean Larson~

Offline kenki

• Oni
Preregistration
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 11:46:00 pm »
Greets;

I am a little confused.  I got a flier from Sakuracon and it said the pre-reg for $25 is good thru July 31st.  $30 thru Aug. 20th and $35 at the door.  Is this true or have the pre-reg dates changed?

I have posted the information to the Beaverton computer Users Group board, and I'd like to know if I need to make corrections.

Thanks.

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Preregistration
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 11:50:12 pm »
this is indeed incorrect... we will be posting the correct dates tomorrow.  sorry for the confusion... it happened on multiple levels.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline kenki

• Oni
Preregistration
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 06:07:43 pm »
You advertised in Sakuracon:
 till July 31st  @ $25, Aug. 20th @ $30.

This afternoon I log in and saw:
$25, but that's only until July 15th.
After that, it's $30 until August 14th

Now I see:
price is only $25, but that's only until July 1st.
After that, it's $30 until August 14th

Is there anybody in charge of this convention and can give me a straight answer???

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Preregistration
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 06:43:37 pm »
yes, sorry, we've been reworking things.

What is posted now is correct.  Until July 1st, $25, after that until August 14th, $30... after that, you will have to pay at the door.  $35 for the whole con, or day passes are $20/day for Saturday or Sunday, and $15 for monday.  

Let me know if you have any other questions... we will be getting a FAQ up very soon.  I'm finalizing it now.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
Preregistration
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 05:26:11 pm »
ok so if you preregister now at 25 bucks, its only 25$ for the whole con? or what...just for one day? and if u wanna go agian u have to pay at the door? lol.  :roll:  ( i love this guy! 8O )
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 07:17:19 pm »
$25 is for the whole con... until middle of next week.  Remember that July 1 is in 8 days, and that will be when registration kicks up to $30.  Single-day entry is posted as previously noted by Staze.  If you're only planning on being there 2 days, register for all 3 anyway, since it's cheaper.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
Preregistration
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 08:27:38 pm »
THANK YOU! 8)
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Kay-Skay

• Cabbit
    • http://
Preregistration
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 09:39:11 pm »
Um, I sent my pre-reg in about a month ago and I still haven't gotten any kind of confirmation yet.  So I'm just kinda wondering if you send those out individually or if you're going to put up a pre-reg list like Sakura Con and we can check it that way or whatever.
I am a cloudy sky in which shafts of brilliance pirce through to momentarily illuminate the earth.
KLM

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 01:04:49 am »
Sakura Con had a Pre-Reg list!? O.o

Actually, it would be helpful if there was a list, so everyone who has sent in for pre-reg could confirm that their registration form was recieved.  Sakura Con sent out an e-mail a week before the Con to remind people, if I remember correctly.
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Preregistration
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2004, 09:26:35 am »
i second that.  i know im pre-reged at spot 35 *cheers* but id love to see a list :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
Preregistration
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 07:38:49 am »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
Sakura Con had a Pre-Reg list!? O.o

SC, had just a list that was in alphabetical order by the real last name, no nicknames or badge numbers.

--Chris ^_^
--Chris ^_^

Offline Kay-Skay

• Cabbit
    • http://
Preregistration
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 09:50:17 pm »
Yep, it's up for next year already too.  But anyway when they got your registration they sent you an e-mail to make sure thay they had all your information right, then you get a second one right before the con(don't remember if I got that though), and they have the registry list.
I am a cloudy sky in which shafts of brilliance pirce through to momentarily illuminate the earth.
KLM

Offline sapphirefox5892

• Cabbit
    • http://www.thegrandcouncil.com/hosted/sapphirefox/index.html
dumb question...
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 06:00:35 pm »
eh..ok i did pre-reged via mail i was woundering how i will get notice that they got my money? will they send me back something in the mail or in a e-mail or will i just go up and tell them my name at the door?
LONG LIVE THE OTAKU DYNASTY!!

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
Preregistration
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 09:16:44 pm »
and seeing as the prices for tickets at the door were last posted about a month ago, i just wanna check... still $35 at the door for all weekend? cuz if it is i'll forego paypal and pay the extra 5... although if that means all i get is a pass and no neato "badge" with my name printed on it... i'll go sign up for paypal....
*is willing to ninja duel anyone who challenges*

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Preregistration
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 10:34:25 am »
Actually at-the-door price is looking like it will be $40 for a weekend pass.  You'll probably still have a neato badge, it just won't be printed, it'll be handwritten, and it's legibility will be left up to the person doing registration at the time :)
~Sean Larson~

Offline sharsachan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://geocities.com/sharafanfics
Preregistration
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 07:49:36 am »
Just curious, I read this thread and can't seem to actually find the answer in it.

I pre-reged about two weeks ago, and i got the receipt from Paypal saying i sent money, but I never received anything from Kumori.

Have they not processed it yet or do they just not send out confirmation emails?

I would just like to make sure it was received, so that I do not get there Sat morning, to find out they never got it or something, and end up shelling out $40 that I was saving for food or something, and then be hungry most of the con, or something similar.

Just want to know!

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 02:04:37 pm »
Quote from: "sapphirefox5892"
eh..ok i did pre-reged via mail i was woundering how i will get notice that they got my money? will they send me back something in the mail or in a e-mail or will i just go up and tell them my name at the door?

*blinks* Since you asked, you get told directly.  =^~.~^=  If you PM me your full name/address/nickname, I can check the database and make sure all is well.  I am usually given the mail-in registrations once a week on Thursday, and I usually get them into the database within 24 hours at that stage.

Quote from: "sharsachan"
Just curious, I read this thread and can't seem to actually find the answer in it.

I pre-reged about two weeks ago, and i got the receipt from Paypal saying i sent money, but I never received anything from Kumori.

Have they not processed it yet or do they just not send out confirmation emails?

I would just like to make sure it was received, so that I do not get there Sat morning, to find out they never got it or something, and end up shelling out $40 that I was saving for food or something, and then be hungry most of the con, or something similar.

Just want to know!

Okay, I checked, and you're pre-reged and ready to go, so you'll be spending your $40 on pocky, swag, and presents for me!  =^~.~^=

There's been several mentions of a pre-reg list (or lack thereof) here on the forums, but oddly enough it never gets mentioned at any of the meetings.  I think I'll say something at tonight's gathering...

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline sharsachan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://geocities.com/sharafanfics
Preregistration
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 04:51:35 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"

Quote from: "sharsachan"

Just want to know!

Okay, I checked, and you're pre-reged and ready to go, so you'll be spending your $40 on pocky, swag, and presents for me!  =^~.~^=

There's been several mentions of a pre-reg list (or lack thereof) here on the forums, but oddly enough it never gets mentioned at any of the meetings.  I think I'll say something at tonight's gathering...

PezCat

All right, thank you!! Yeah, on the pre-reg form it had the option to keep your name off the open pre-reg list but i kept it on so I went looking for the list and never found it :)

He he he, presents for you? :) Well, I'll think about it! =^.~=

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 07:54:36 pm »
Hey!  Someone's thinking about it!  Better than I usually do!  =^~.~^=

I brought the pre-reg list up at the meeting tonight, but the only things we were able to come up with were by paypal code or by name, and both of those list ideas met with opposition... so we're pretty much sticking with the "ask if you're concerned" thing for now, it seems.  Then again, it doesn't take me but like 10-15 seconds to search for someone's status, so I could probably verify status on most of the con at that speed.  Please noone test me on that theory.  =^@.@^=

Also, sapphirefox5892, your reg form was in the stack of registrations I received at the meeting a couple hours ago, so you're good to go!

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Preregistration
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 09:03:41 am »
Do we get our nametags in the mail or do we get them at the con?  'Cuz I pre-registered already a long time ago, but have no confirmation.
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 02:03:41 pm »
*checks list* You're all registered and ready to go.  Badges get picked up at the con registration table!  =^~.~^=

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Preregistration
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2004, 07:39:13 pm »
Arigatou Goazaimasu!!!!  I'm glad to know that!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Preregistration
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2004, 08:55:23 am »
I suggest that you come on Friday night and pick up your badge then. Pezcat and I will be manning a table at the Marriott for all those people checking in that night. By getting the badge early you'll be able to avoid the inevitable line Saturday Morning.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Preregistration
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2004, 10:35:21 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
I suggest that you come on Friday night and pick up your badge then. Pezcat and I will be manning a table at the Marriott for all those people checking in that night.

Do you know what time you'll be starting that yet?

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Preregistration
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2004, 04:08:56 pm »
Not for sure.  I won't be leaving Eugene until at least Friday at noon, so I won't be in Portland before 3pm, most likely.  The fact that I work swing shift will further insure that I'm not going to head north in the early hours.  And registration really can't start without me, as I'll have all the lists with me by then.

However, if it's like last year, it will likely go for a couple hours Friday nite... a good guess would be 7-10pm, but don't hold me to that.  Any of us manning the tables at that point will pass out badges likely 'til it seems we'll be mostly out people to pass them out to.

And again, if it's like last year, we'll probably amuse ourselves playing things like Chez Geek between registrations.  And yes Nyco, we'll actually have DICE this time!

You know you're a sick sad gamer when you manage to find a legitimately random way to roll a D6 without dice, and without a digital watch.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Preregistration
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 01:57:54 am »
I'll be there in the afternoon because I am already in the Portland Area. I will be sure to have my Chez Geek Block Party, complete with Gimmie the Brain break set and standard Deck for maximum game potential.

However since my "bags" for the trip will be minimal (thanks to being able to drive to my house and back later that night) I won't have much to do while all the staffers are getting int otheir rooms and preparing the setup.

I would be glad to sit in one spot and be the all important "Line Starter" volunteer. I have experience with this actually, I volunteered with registration at the San Diego Comic-Con and ended up announcing in my booming baritone that
"Cash is on the right! Credit Card is on the left!"

I think that qualifies me for Line Starter.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010