Author Topic: Hotel Rooms filling up!  (Read 3474 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Hotel Rooms filling up!
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:02:03 am »
So this has been a common question the past few days. People are saying that when they check online the rooms are booked and that is true. You currently can not reserve a room online through the hotels website, you need to do it through Kumoricon's website but that isn't up yet so the only way to currently get a room is to call the hotel.

Well there is a slight problem. I called the Red Lion last night to book my room and Saturday the 30th is booked out. The rest of the days? No problem. I didn't check with the Hilton because I want free parking and I don't like being above the dances and listening to the music while I am trying to sleep. So the Hilton may still have rooms for the full weekend, not sure. But if you want to go to the red lion you will have to change rooms a few times at this point. Might want to get your rooms figured out fast. I have never seen Kumoricon book rooms this fast.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Hotel Rooms filling up!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:01 am »
From my end, since I always room at the Hilton, I can confirm there are still rooms available for the full weekend at the Hilton.

Just wanted to add that. But yeah, it is pretty crazy how fast things are going this year. Odd.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:24:43 am »
Just out of curiosity, when you called the red lion, did you specifically ask for a room with 2 beds? They told me the rooms with one bed you are allowed to have 4 people in but they can't promise everyone gets a roll away. If you guys have air matresses or don't mind the floor with a lot of blankets for cushion, that's a better way to go..Also, it's cheaper they said..It's only $427.52 for day0-day4 for me.Not bad if you ask me..

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:51:43 am »
I called the Red Lion and she said she was out of rooms entirely. None at the con rate, none at the non con rate. There are no rooms open at all at the Red Lion.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 06:38:39 pm »
I called the Red Lion and she said she was out of rooms entirely. None at the con rate, none at the non con rate. There are no rooms open at all at the Red Lion.

Wow..That was fast..I literally did that 2 days ago..Wow..sorry then.

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:34 pm »

Wow..That was fast..I literally did that 2 days ago..Wow..sorry then.
....I think my friend took the last room....im sorry.... >.> theres other places people could stay though, other than the Hilton or the Red Lion....
--------------------------------
You. Ya, you. Hi. Have a nice day. You're beautiful inside and out. ( ^ω^) 🐼

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:07 pm »
Makes me glad i got mine a few months ago. Like ryo said, theres still plenty of other hotels. The hilton still has rooms for congoers i think, and most of the other nearby hotels are available.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:26:44 am by Azuraschampion »
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 09:20:17 am »
I have a room. I'm not too worried and I think the Hilton still has rooms.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 09:33:19 am »
My group booked a room at the Hilton a little under two weeks ago, and they were out of rooms with two beds- we had to book one with a king.

Just a heads up on that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 09:33:53 am by VampireFangs103 »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 09:50:44 am »
Yeah, looks like the Hilton is gonna dry up soon. I just did a booking check on the Hilton website and came up with this.

Looks like there are still vacancies for up to 2 people, but nothing for 4 and nothing for the entire weekend (from arrival on day 0 to check-out on day 4).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:49 pm »
Unfortunately i just found out that according to their sites the Red lion and the Hiltopn hotels are all filled up. So unless i can get a room with someone this V.I.P. will be missing out on Kumoricon, unless i can pulla  iracle out of my proverbial hatt or there's someone who would be willing to share a room with me. And the most frustrating thing is, I didn't even know that the room reservations were up already. So I am kind of flustered.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 07:17:06 pm »
Unfortunately i just found out that according to their sites the Red lion and the Hiltopn hotels are all filled up. So unless i can get a room with someone this V.I.P. will be missing out on Kumoricon, unless i can pulla  iracle out of my proverbial hatt or there's someone who would be willing to share a room with me. And the most frustrating thing is, I didn't even know that the room reservations were up already. So I am kind of flustered.

Have you tried calling the hotels yet? When I reserved a room, around a month ago, the website said the same thing, but I was able to book a room by calling in. Might try that?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:39:27 am »
You have to call to reserve rooms right now. That being said, Saturday at the red lion is filled and I believe Thursday at both the Hilton and Red Lion are filled.

Oh it looks like online registration is up now.
Hilton has rooms available all weekend but you would have to change rooms. For example, they have a double bed room Thursday and Friday but only a King Bed room on Saturday.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:43:40 am by nikkiolie »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 08:08:14 pm »
It's all right I've decided that I'm not going this year. And I'll go in 2015. Let's justs ay the leaglly blind and the dark don't mix and I want a room for the whole of the convention.

One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.