Poll

What day would work best for you for the D.Gray-man photoshoot?

Day 1 (Fri)
1 (25%)
Day 2 (Sat)
3 (75%)
Day 3 (Sun)
0 (0%)
Day 4 (Mon)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: D.Gray-man 2014  (Read 7114 times)

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
D.Gray-man 2014
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:54:09 pm »
Curious if there are going to be any other D.Gray-man cosplayers going to KumoriCon this year! I would love to be able to have a photoshoot or something like that, that would be very fun. owo
Date:
Day 2 (Saturday, August 30th)
Time: 4:00 PM
It's kind of early in the year, at least for me, but if anyone has suggestions for a photoshoot date or time, that would be great! In 2012 I attended the photoshoot at the big pavilion/gazebo in the middle of the park and it was really fun (even though I didn't really know what D.Gray-man was back then...) Personally I'd prefer if the photoshoot was in the morning or early afternoon so it's not burning hot, but that's just me~

Cosplay List! (Username -- Character)
 Black Order and Allies
Pumpkinziggy  --  Fo
Z_Skie -- Lenalee (possibly)
oceansz -- Lenalee [2nd Uniform]
oceansz's friend -- Lavi [3rd Uniform]
narika -- Lenalee [3rd Uniform]
Su Lu -- Lavi [2nd Uniform]

Noah and Allies
Z_Skie -- Road (possibly)
Capriocus -- Devit
Capriocus's friend -- Jasdero
SpaceLizard -- Road

Other
MadMoai -- Alma Karma
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:06:38 pm by MadMoai »
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
Re: D.Gray-man 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:40:06 pm »
I hope I can do this I LOVE D. Gray Man it is my most favorite series. I would probably do Lenalee or Road
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:14:32 pm by Z_Skie »
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:16:01 am »
I hope I can do this I LOVE D. Gray Man it is my most favorite series. I would probably do Lenalee or Rode.

Okay, yay! I added you! C:
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline oceansz

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:24:47 pm »
I'll be bringing 2nd Uniform!Lenalee with me. I believe my friend will be bringing 3rd uniform!Lavi.

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:53:13 pm »
I'll be bringing 2nd Uniform!Lenalee with me. I believe my friend will be bringing 3rd uniform!Lavi.

Added! :D

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 11:58:29 pm »
Good luck ya'll! I've mostly retired my Earl costume, so I won't be there this year as him... but I wish you all the best.

Offline narika

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 03:18:08 am »
I`ll be around as 3rd U! Lenalee . c:
Possible line up for Kumoricon 2015 ?

Day 0❀; tba
Day 1❀; fem!hinata ( haikyuu!! )
Day 2❀; tojo nozomi ( love live ! )
Day 3❀; tba
Day 4❀; tba

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:30 pm »
Good luck ya'll! I've mostly retired my Earl costume, so I won't be there this year as him... but I wish you all the best.

Oh yeah, I remember your costume from the 2012 photoshoot (before I knew what D.Gray-man was). It was great! It's too bad you can't attend, but thank you~

I`ll be around as 3rd U! Lenalee . c:

Okay, you've been added!

We're getting a bit of a list! Yay, I'm excited. Maybe we should start planning the photoshoot soon, haha... is it too early?

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 02:02:47 pm »
I'm probably be 2nd Lavi  :D  2012 was by far the funnest photoshoot ever! I really regretted not bringing my Lavi last year.  Probably won't be able to bring the 6 ft. hammer this time, but such is life...
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 04:24:52 pm »
I'm probably be 2nd Lavi  :D  2012 was by far the funnest photoshoot ever! I really regretted not bringing my Lavi last year.  Probably won't be able to bring the 6 ft. hammer this time, but such is life...

Okay, I added you! ^o^

Now I'm looking back at all the 2012 photoshoot pictures I took... so much nostalgia and fun! If you think about it, we only have two and a half months until KumoriCon 2014... o3o wow, it's coming fast! Does anyone have a preference on when the photoshoot is so far? I'm still trying to figure out what would work for me... but I liked the location of the 2012 one, that is, the big gazebo/stage in the middle of the park.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:59:57 pm by MadMoai »

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 03:59:06 pm »
I plan on cosplaying Devit! I also might have a Jasdero, we'll see.
Aoi Asahina: 90% Complete
Rise Kujikawa: 70% complete
Makoto Tachibana: 100% complete
Nico Robin: 70% complete
Tooru Mutsuki: 10% complete

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:14 pm »
I plan on cosplaying Devit! I also might have a Jasdero, we'll see.

I added you! Yay, Devit and Jasdero are such fun characters.

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 12:20:12 pm »
My cousin said he would be Jasdero! So We'll be doing this for sure!! Super excited!!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »
My cousin said he would be Jasdero! So We'll be doing this for sure!! Super excited!!

Okay, I've updated the list! Yay, this is going to be so fun (~*3*)~

Offline SpaceLizard

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 03:03:33 am »
Hello~
I happen to be going as Road for one day of con this year and would love to meet up with some other fans. My only problem is that I have two group costumes with one of my friends so I only have one day I can wear my Road cosplay. We don't have the costumes set for certain days yet though so I might be able to work around this or I could change temporarily for a photoshoot. ^-^

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:16 am »
Hello~
I happen to be going as Road for one day of con this year and would love to meet up with some other fans. My only problem is that I have two group costumes with one of my friends so I only have one day I can wear my Road cosplay. We don't have the costumes set for certain days yet though so I might be able to work around this or I could change temporarily for a photoshoot. ^-^

Hi! Okay, I added you to the list. We haven't decided on a place or time for the photoshoot yet (probably because the con schedule hasn't been released, so nobody knows exactly what they're doing yet), but when we do decide, you can suggest a day that's good for you and we can figure something out :3 If you can't make it to the photoshoot, I'll likely be really excited about my Alma cosplay and wearing it a lot, so we could end up running into each other, too.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:03 am »
Do you guys think that we should start organizing a time for the gathering/photo shoot? It will be easier for me and Moai once the schedule comes out, since we're in the cosplay contest, but at this point perhaps Day 2 would be a good day to have it? I don't know what day the cosplay skit contest has been in the past, but that's my best guess.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 06:12:08 am »
Okay, the schedule's out, so let's start planning! I put up a poll so everyone can vote for which day works best for them.

As Pumpkinziggy guessed, Day 2 at 2:00 or 3:00 does turn out to be the best day for us two, but of course I'll hear from everybody else before planning anything for sure.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:57:51 am by MadMoai »

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 02:32:19 pm »
I don't know how well day 2 will work for me because I'm in a panel that ends at 2:30. Day 1 would be ideal for me, but I really want to be apart of the photoshoot and could push for day 2...but it would probably have to be at a later time than 3:00.

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 06:32:28 am »
I don't know how well day 2 will work for me because I'm in a panel that ends at 2:30. Day 1 would be ideal for me, but I really want to be apart of the photoshoot and could push for day 2...but it would probably have to be at a later time than 3:00.

Okay! Pumpkinziggy and I are already busy basically all day on Day 1, so if we have the shoot on Day 1, someone else would have to run it. But we can definitely pick sometime in the afternoon on Day 2. Would 3:30 work for you, or is 4:00 a better time?

Also, everyone, if you have any preference on location, be sure to mention it. I've brought up the stage/big gazebo a couple of times, and that place is still free in the afternoon on Day 2, but I'm open to other ideas, too. [So far, Day 2 is winning on the poll, but not a whole lot of people have voted yet, either.]

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:51 pm »

Okay! Pumpkinziggy and I are already busy basically all day on Day 1, so if we have the shoot on Day 1, someone else would have to run it. But we can definitely pick sometime in the afternoon on Day 2. Would 3:30 work for you, or is 4:00 a better time?

Also, everyone, if you have any preference on location, be sure to mention it. I've brought up the stage/big gazebo a couple of times, and that place is still free in the afternoon on Day 2, but I'm open to other ideas, too. [So far, Day 2 is winning on the poll, but not a whole lot of people have voted yet, either.]

I could do Day 2 at 4:00.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 07:24:35 pm »
Day 2 at 4:00 would most likely work for us. ^^ We don't have anything in particular planned then.
Since we want to confirm the time and sign up for the photoshoot, if nobody else votes or posts by Saturday, that will be the time if it works for everyone so far.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:39:42 pm by Pumpkinziggy »
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline SpaceLizard

• Oni
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:32 am »
I voted for day 2 since I finally have specific days set for costumes. 4:00 would be perfect for me if that's what everyone decides on. ^.^

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:17 am »
Hey everyone, there's that Couvfest thing going on on Saturday, and it hasn't caused any problems for us in the past, but do you all want to have a backup location in case the stage is being used? 
There are a lot of things going on at or around 4 PM so there might not be too much space to meet up... But perhaps we could go to one of the fields behind/next to the stage, or the small water structures in the ground near the clock tower?

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 01:28:18 pm »
Since nobody has answered... If Couvfest is using the stage, our backup location to meet up will be the little fountains in the ground near the clock tower (not right next to, but a bit away toward the park).

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »
I decided that on Day 0 I won't be wearing my grey makeup since I'll only be around for a short while.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:53 pm »
That makes sense. I'm almost considering not putting my makeup on either, since it takes an extra 30 minutes or so and I don't even know if I'll be taking pictures. I hope we can still see you around though! :D

Offline Capriocus

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 08:51:20 am »
Yeah, It can be a hassle getting it off, so I don't want to have to do it too much.

Can't wait to see everyone, though!!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
This is going to be so much fun! :D It does look like the Couvfesy is taking up he big stage area, though, so we'll be meeting at our backup location at the small fountains by the clocktower, and from here we can move to somewhere else if anyone wants to.

Offline Yuu

• Oni
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 03:42:07 pm »
This is my first year not cosplaying. I got too fat for th costume. Really, I'm just a little chubby but that doesn't work with those crazy- tight excorcist costumes.

Now that I've seen a few impressive Lavi's I'm regretting it.

I'll probly bring my cotum to aki-con if anyone is going to be there.

Ps typing on a an iPad is a bitch. Excuse the typos.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »
Thank you again to everyone who came to the photoshoot! You guys made it an awesome day, and I'm glad I had my Fo costume >w< We're still busy at the con, but once we get the chance, we'll upload all the pictures we took and put them... somewhere!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 11:01:44 am »
Hi again, everyone! Here are the pictures I took at the photoshoot. Again, thanks everyone for coming, and having such a great time! This whole event made me really happy :D P.S. I apologize for not being a very good photographer orz

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.753896031322936.1073741833.100001076371506&type=1&l=1f8fcb6f8a