Author Topic: contacts!  (Read 1885 times)

Offline hotdgumi

• Cabbit
contacts!
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:46:41 pm »
My friend and I are looking for some good sites to buy fairly cheap(not in quality but in price) contact lenses. Does anyone know of any good sites to buy some from?
2014 Kumoricon cosplaying as magnet Megurine Luka, Matryoshka Luka, and random cat anime girl :D

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: contacts!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:59:00 am »
Well, that depends on your definition of cheap :) I have bought decent quality and priced from youknowit.com. Pinky paradise had various lense reviews and their prices are reasonable too-though I have yet to buy from.

Also, I do recommend getting advice from a professional first before just buying and using contacts-if you haven't done so already! :)

Good luck!
And so it begins...

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:27:17 pm »
Few things before you do..

1. Make sure you go to the eye doctor and get your exact prescription. You don't wanna get something that makes it so you can't see..
2. Check out PinkyParadise:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/
So far, these are the only circle lenses I've heard of that you get your prescription type for. But when you go to the eye doctor, make sure you can even WEAR them first..Some peoples eyes are not right for them and it can be very painful and bad if you get them and you aren't suppose to be using them.
3. Circle lenses are technically Illigal, but there was a thread on cosplay.com where people showed that the FDA equivalent over there has approved them and the US just doesn't wanna go through the papers to make them stamped "OK" here..Or something like that..lolPlenty of people say they are safe. Don't skimp on price just because you think cheaper is a good thing. Cheaper are that way for a reason. If they don't even ask for prescription, there's a huge chance they are crap and will ruin your eyes even more.

Offline hotdgumi

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »
Few things before you do..

1. Make sure you go to the eye doctor and get your exact prescription. You don't wanna get something that makes it so you can't see..
2. Check out PinkyParadise:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/
So far, these are the only circle lenses I've heard of that you get your prescription type for. But when you go to the eye doctor, make sure you can even WEAR them first..Some peoples eyes are not right for them and it can be very painful and bad if you get them and you aren't suppose to be using them.
3. Circle lenses are technically Illigal, but there was a thread on cosplay.com where people showed that the FDA equivalent over there has approved them and the US just doesn't wanna go through the papers to make them stamped "OK" here..Or something like that..lolPlenty of people say they are safe. Don't skimp on price just because you think cheaper is a good thing. Cheaper are that way for a reason. If they don't even ask for prescription, there's a huge chance they are crap and will ruin your eyes even more.
Ok thanks. Thats another thing I was worried about (the whole illegal thing) because I really want a pair of circle lenses (already got my eyes checked and all that) but was afraid to get tuem because ive heard from multiple sources that they are illegal...
2014 Kumoricon cosplaying as magnet Megurine Luka, Matryoshka Luka, and random cat anime girl :D