Author Topic: Staff and Meetings Question  (Read 4119 times)

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
Staff and Meetings Question
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:25:33 am »
So I'm finally, after years of attending KumoriCon, wanting to be staff.  I'm not sure if I can make it to any general meetings before the convention, though, since I will be out of the country until mid to late July.  Currently I'm teaching on the JET Program but I will return in the summer in plenty of time to at least be ready for con.  Though I know it's not set-in-stone required that you attend a general meeting, I'd like to do so if possible in order to meet people and all that good stuff.  I'm not sure where I want to apply for yet, but I do have a lot of patience and the ability to stay pretty calm under most circumstances thanks to having taught all elementary school in Japan.  Anyway, my question is this: if I want to staff is it okay if I'm not able to make most of the general meetings due to being in Japan when they happen?
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: Staff and Meetings Question
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:56 am »
Generally speaking, it's still possible to staff even if you can't make most of the general meetings. However, requirements may vary by what position you'd like to apply for (especially if it's a position that requires training or involves planning).

The best thing to do would be to look through https://www.kumoricon.org/open-positions for what position(s) you might be interested in, talk to the appropriate director(s) about what their expectations would be, and explain the situation. If there's any way I can help in this process, please email me at secretary@kumoricon.org or message me here on the forums. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.