Author Topic: Video Game Cosplays  (Read 11243 times)

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
Video Game Cosplays
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:56:00 pm »
Every year, I see a few cosplays from video games, and they are all terribly awesome. I was thinking about doing one this year and thought it would be cool if we could all get together for a possible photoshoot during con this year? If there isn't one already?

Post if you are interested!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Video Game Cosplays
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 06:32:23 pm »
You might wanna be more specific..And no, sadly you are terriby wrong.."A few cosplays from video games" is nowhere near correct..A lot of them are just ones you never played..There are TONS upon TONS of video game cosplayers at kumoricon..In fact, I know for a fact there are more then a few kingdom hearts and final fantasy cosplayers because I was there with them..Not only that, but there were a lot that didn't show up for the shoot..

There can't be a "Video game photo shoot" because there are far too many people to do that. That is why it is split up by series. Whatever series you are cosplaying from, have a shoot for that.

Also, there are more then enough threads on here planning shoots for different video games, so i don't know what games you have played or heard of, but thinking only a few people cosplay gaming characters is asaying kinda a lot..

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 03:50:41 am »
I'll be Ravio from Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:44:28 pm »
Do you know if anyone has any video game photoshoots planned? I heard there was a Valve on last year but I don't see any forums on it :/

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »
Seriously? You're still asking about this? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it sounds like you aren't even TRYING to look for yourself..There are plenty..Please use your eyes and actually look at the forum..There are plenty of photo shoots for video games..

Like I told you the first time, there's no "video game photo shoot"..There's separate shoots for each series. Look for them. No one is going to sit here and look at every single thread just to list them off for you.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 08:17:57 am »
Please keep in mind that everyone has the right to post their ideas in this forum as long as they stay in line with the code of conduct. As a reminder:

Be courteous to other users
Keep discussion friendly and civil, and keep discussion focused on the issue rather than the person. No personal attacks or speculating about another person's motives. Minimize discussion of off-forum personal disputes.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:43:21 am »
I think it would be fun to have a video game shoot, yeah there is shoots for separate games but it will be nice to get a few shots of all the game cosplays together, a nice huge group!

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 09:54:23 am »
Yeah, i think itd be a pretty cool idea. We could have some seriously funny or epic pics from crossing certain series.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 10:07:12 am »
Fun? Maybe..Extremely difficult and not fair to everyone? Totally.
I don't think a shoot where every single cosplayer in a video game cosplay is there would go as well as you think..Just to give everyone a fair turn at getting pictures, would take just about the entire day. Think of how many diffferent video games there are? And then think of how many people cosplay from ALL of those games.Then think about how hard it would be to hold something not only with that many people, but also giving everyone a fair chance at being a part of a picture. You would at the VERY LEAST need: Series specific photo (which would take up the whole photo shoot time slot right there), battle poses in said games, pairings, and mixes that people like. Remember, those first 3 will have to be done for EACH series..If there are 50 video games being cosplayed from, that means you have to do all three of those 50 TIMES. And still have more to do. This is more trouble than it's worth. AND this is specifically why there are separate photoshoots for each one.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 03:48:10 pm »
Just because a video game exists doesn't mean there will be a shoot for it.
I think allot of fun pictures could happen at this shoot as well as give people chances to get some nice mash-up shots or meet up with people cosplaying the same thing/game.
And its not like if you show up to a shoot you have to stay there the entire shoot. You can leave and or return whenever you feel like. 
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 04:33:42 pm »
Just because a video game exists doesn't mean there will be a shoot for it.
I think allot of fun pictures could happen at this shoot as well as give people chances to get some nice mash-up shots or meet up with people cosplaying the same thing/game.
And its not like if you show up to a shoot you have to stay there the entire shoot. You can leave and or return whenever you feel like.

Ok but just on the first page, there are 10 separate video game shoots. So let's use that for this example. If all 10 of those games merged into one single photoshoot, you would need to do all that I mentioned 10 times. Right there, one photo opportunity per photo style I mentioned, that's 40 pictures right there. And that's only counting one picture style for each game that already has a shoot. Obviously there will be more than one per series per style. Let's say there's 2 photos for each of the 4 I listed. That's 80 pictures!! And that's only haveing 2 photos per style..80!!

Then take into account the other game cosplays that someone didn't bring up for this year..LOL and WOW have a crap ton of cosplayers these days, add those into this. Just because there isn't a shoot for a specific one doesn't mean that every one of them should merge into one huge long shoot and take up an area that others could use. It's possible to do, yes..But it's not practical at all. And like I said, it wouldn't make everyone have a fair turn because there would be so many people. Think about it..A good half the con could easily be videogame characters..You really see it as a good idea to have every one of them in one area at the same time taking pics for EACH SEPARATE SERIES? Because that's exactly how it would go. It's easier to go to the shoots for your specific cosplay, then if you want pics with other game cosplayers do it one on one when you see them around. it's a WAY less hassle and a lot more practical.

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 09:00:59 pm »
My question is: why do you care? If you don't want be a part of this, than please, don't be! I think you're taking this way too seriously. I'm new to the whole video gaming thing and honestly to the Kumoricon forums. I believed this to be a safe place to ask questions and throw out ideas. You are being neither kind nor helpful.

And to those of you who are being positive, you guys rock. In the few years I've been to kcon, I feel video games have been under promoted. I honestly do not see that many cosplayers from video games, and it's not because I'm not looking. I have also looked for video game related forum topics, but this board is so big and someone unorganized, I thought maybe someone out there might have more knowledge than I do. Is that the point of this whole thing? To share what we know so we can meet new people and help each other get the most out of the experience?

I'm sorry that you are being so negative over something that is suppose to be fun.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
How about rather than breaking it down in series you break it down by companies that produce the games? Like Capcom, Square, Blizard, ect. I still would love to see a huge group shot of a lot of game characters. If someone is so worried about getting smaller shots then they can go to the individual group shoots. No one said this one has to be in place of all the other.

Sailor-Jeimi you are coming off as very rude. This really has no effect on you. If you think it is a bad idea, don't go. Stop trying to ruin everyone's fun, you are not running every shoot or have any control on what others do. Its kinda funny that you are letting yourself get so worked up over something as silly as a photo shoot.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »
^
THIS

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 02:27:54 pm »
How about rather than breaking it down in series you break it down by companies that produce the games? Like Capcom, Square, Blizard, ect. I still would love to see a huge group shot of a lot of game characters. If someone is so worried about getting smaller shots then they can go to the individual group shoots. No one said this one has to be in place of all the other.

That's a good idea! and then, if people want shots of individual games, they can suggest it at the end or do it afterwards~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:00 am »
As long as this shoot doesn't replace other video game subgenre shoots, I'm cool with it. And by that I mean, I like this shoot idea, but I also still want to have a separate Final Fantasy Photo Shoot. So, as long as there is no clash there, I'm down.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 08:22:50 pm »
It deffinatly won't conflict~ I think this shoot is going to cater more to smaller groups, like those who cosplay a video game and there aren't enough people to really have a good shoot.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »
I am totally down with this idea, especially since I will be cosplaying as Zhen Ji from Dynasty Warriors 8, which I doubt there will be a Dynasty Warriors Photo Shoot. xD

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:13 pm »
This shoot will defiantly be for you! I really want to try and cater to smaller fan bases!

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »
Also might I say that it would be awesome to see a Dynasty Warriors cosplay period.
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:41 pm »
I am totally down with this idea, especially since I will be cosplaying as Zhen Ji from Dynasty Warriors 8, which I doubt there will be a Dynasty Warriors Photo Shoot. xD

I actually love Dynasty warriors and was going to try and do one for Kumoricon, I would totally love to do photos with you once I decide as who! I might do Xing Cai.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:17 am »
I think that this sounds like a fantastic idea. It'd be really cool to see various video game characters all gathered together  :)
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:53 pm »
Daw! thank you! I'm glad that you think so! Even if you don't plan on cosplaying a video game, anyone is welcome to come and take photos or just hang out

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 05:10:52 pm »
Well, not only will I be Ravio from Zelda : A Link Between Worlds, I'll also be Schala from Chrono Trigger.

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:12 pm »
it would be cool to see either one of those!

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »
Oh and to the people that are against this idea, I think this would be a good opportunity for the odd ones out.   Such as, Chrono Trigger.   It's a well loved game but I don't see too many cosplays unless someone made a plan to form a group. I normally see a character or two but not enough for a photoshoot.

Those that are interested should work on a day, time and place to meet.   I don't have an opinion on which day but I would prefer later in the day and some where in the shade.  I've learned that if people keep saying it's a good idea but didn't settle on a day, time and place,  things fall apart.  There should also be a few people who can commit to be a photographer and provide the images where cosplayers can easily find them.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 03:58:59 pm »
If it doesn't conflict with anything else I have planned that can't be moved (ie panels), then I'm good on whenever.
And I agree, this does help a lot for odd ball video game cosplays. A friend of mine has a costume from Hyperdimension Neptunia, a game she loves, and she looks adorable in her costume, but there's no 'shoot' for her since her game doesn't even fall into the Nintendo/Square category.

Since the con is Fri-Monday now, for a good turn-out, I suggest Saturday. The day gets pretty hot at noon-3pm (with the height of heat at 2-4pm), so would something about 4pm work? Just an idea. :)
Kumori'15

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 04:35:09 pm »
If it doesn't conflict with anything else I have planned that can't be moved (ie panels), then I'm good on whenever.
And I agree, this does help a lot for odd ball video game cosplays. A friend of mine has a costume from Hyperdimension Neptunia, a game she loves, and she looks adorable in her costume, but there's no 'shoot' for her since her game doesn't even fall into the Nintendo/Square category.

Since the con is Fri-Monday now, for a good turn-out, I suggest Saturday. The day gets pretty hot at noon-3pm (with the height of heat at 2-4pm), so would something about 4pm work? Just an idea. :)

I think Saturday around 4 pm would work for me.   Not for certain but I would do my best!

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 09:41:35 am »
I'm not sure on my schedule yet, but that would be a good time and I think there wouldn't be too much shadows at this point ^^ I will keep this time in mind the closer we get to con. Let me know if there are any other suggestions/ideas on time or place even

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »
I think I'll bring Schala to this photoshoot

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 01:19:13 am »
Sounds like I'm doing Android 18 day 2 as well but I can at least make the photoshoot even if I'm not Schala all of day 2.  (I think I'll be Schala day 0 and then meet up with you guys for the photoshoot as her too on day 2.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:22:09 am by princess_of_zeal »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 02:30:07 am »
Correction, Schala day 2.  Android 18 day 3 now.  Lol.

Offline clearscope

• Cabbit
    • My Instagram:
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »
Ignore this please~
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:03:28 pm by clearscope »
Kumoricon 2015 Plans (not in order):
Nakigitsune - Tourabu
Kaworu Nagisa (school) - NGE
Young Aoba Seragaki - DMMD
Nico Yazawa - Love Live
Plans may change (´;ω;`)

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:56 pm »
Ignore
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:18:20 pm by princess_of_zeal »

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 02:10:25 pm »
I've got a Dragon Age: Origins group that should be making an appearance
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline TsunderePrussian

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 12:23:31 am »
I know a few friends of mine will be doing league of legends cosplays. c:
I didn't see a forum for it so I figured I would post it here. c:

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 12:31:30 pm »
I would be interested in a video game mashup! =D I will be cosplaying Ellie from The Last of us and I doubt there is a photoshoot for that.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 08:40:10 pm »
Probably going to be Chell for this~ n.n super cool~

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:48 am »
Was there a particular day you guys wanted to do this shoot?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:24 am »
I am only cosplaying Ellie in the evening / last day. Last day mashup sounds good to me

Offline Papa Fox

• Oni
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:49 am »
I will be Big Boss from MGS V: The Phantom Pain on the last day. If you do this shoot on the last day I will keep an eye out for it ;]

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:38 pm »
I am doing Rinoa Heartilly, and Tess from the last of us(:

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 12:36:37 am »
There's really nothing else for shoots on the last day right now :)
Kumori'15

Offline imaperfectlilangel

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 08:23:19 pm »
my husband is going as deadpool and im sure he will be down with a video game photo shoot. also Princess_of_Zeal i miss you you havent came around since you moved out. you need to come over one of these days.

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »
It seems that a last day shoot sounds good. It might have to be earlier in the day because I have no idea when I will be leaving the convention. I live three hours from Vancouver and it really depends on what my driver is willing to do. I will keep you all posted.

did we ever talk about where we wanted to hold this? I got two different locations in mind.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »
I believe the last day there's a musical event in the park so the big gazebo will be taken up, along with the areas around it.
Kumori'15

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 11:59:53 pm »
We can always meet somewhere on the last day and then if the event gets in the way, we can go some where else.

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 06:26:58 pm »
This sounds like an awesome idea! I cosplay both Tiger from Monster Rancher 4, and Nuregami from Okami. This is gonna be so fun :D
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2014, 10:35:22 am »
I was thinking we could either go to the court yard down by red lion or there is this cool little place in between the Hilton and this other building that I've seen photoshoots at and it looked pretty nice.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »
We could meet at the steps by the water, behind the Red Lion/Bankruptcy Law Center (according to google maps). That has a lot of open space and looks like it might be nice. But for greenery and stuff, it might be better to meet at the rose garden in the Esther Short park?
Kumori'15