Author Topic: 40k Cosplay?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline xKro

• Oni
    • Facebook
40k Cosplay?
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »
I read some of the Cosplay threads, and it seems some people do Non-Anime Cosplay.

This will be my first time doing it, and I always wanted to do a Warhammer 40k Eldar related theme costume.
How accepted would it be? Would people enjoy it? or should I look for another idea for my first time?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
Re: 40k Cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »
If thats what you want to do, i say go for it. Non-anime cosplays are usually pretty well received, too. Just dont be expecting everyone to recognize you. You will get a few people though.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Beruchi baka

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:01 pm »
Non-anime related cosplays are popular too! Games, TV shows(non-anime), cartoons, comics. It's one of the best things about cosplaying; you can be practically anything. Like Azura said, if it's something you really want to do, you should absolutely go for it!
"Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. [flips page] Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Offline xKro

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »
Alright good to know, I figured its my first one, so I might as well start now and make it look best I can.

Offline Beruchi baka

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:01:25 pm »
Hee, a good idea in general whether it's for your first or hundredth time cosplaying. Time is a wonderful thing to have in your arsenal when making a cosplay. Best of luck!
"Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. [flips page] Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 07:43:19 am »
go for it
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline TGS

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:07 pm »
40K cosplay is always well-received by people who recognize it. Usually you only see the Imperium marching around but a good Eldar cosplay could be epic. Though, if you're going to go helmetless, expect everyone who isn't into 40K to look at you as a Space Elf.
KumoriCon 2014 lineup: Order TBD

Lt. Col Roy Mustang, Jiraiya, Spider-man Noir

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:42:27 am »
How I see it, a convention is to dress up and enjoy yourself. Not a "If you don't cosplay from anime you can't come" con. People who ridicule others for cosplaying from something other then anime, well, that's their problem. In the long run, they will be making far less friends then people who accept all cosplays.
So I say go for it! I'm sure you'll look great!

Offline M1NDF4NG

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:59:45 pm »
Im going as a Krieg Guardsman!

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:37 am »
40K cosplay is always well-received by people who recognize it. Usually you only see the Imperium marching around but a good Eldar cosplay could be epic. Though, if you're going to go helmetless, expect everyone who isn't into 40K to look at you as a Space Elf.

That's because they are space elves. :P Even the name is taken from a term that is used for the elves in the lord of the rings.

Just like the imperial guard are space germans/russians
space marines are space catholics
sisters of battle are space nuns
dark eldar are space dark elves
Chaos are space satanists
daemons are space demons
Tau are blue space asians
Kroot are space chickens
Tyranids are space bugs with a heavy influence from Alien
Necrons are space zombies/terminators
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done